Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:13 am
hd1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:28 am

We don't actually know whether Areola wants to stay. If he's decided he wants to leave at the end of the loan spell then we need to find a replacement, or send Randolph out on load and bring him back when Areola leaves.

Either way, I think the rumours of Moyes wanting a new keeper are the usual bullshit clickbait
Marca, usually a reliable media source I find, had a piece a week or so back saying that Areola was hoping to get his place back in the French squad for the world cup and was hoping to get more match time which I'm guessing could become an issue for him.

I think if we don't sign him permanently we will need another keeper to back up Fabianski as tbh I've never felt Randolph was good enough for the top level and there doesn't seem to be anything coming through from the academy on the goalkeeping front.
Fabianskis contract is being negotiated i think, but i still think Areola is as good as , or nearly. Keepers are a little hard to juggle as they are rarely injured, but i thnk Areola has done enough to warrant his place. For one his distribution surpasses Fabianski
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:40 am

Marca, usually a reliable media source I find, had a piece a week or so back saying that Areola was hoping to get his place back in the French squad for the world cup and was hoping to get more match time which I'm guessing could become an issue for him.

I think if we don't sign him permanently we will need another keeper to back up Fabianski as tbh I've never felt Randolph was good enough for the top level and there doesn't seem to be anything coming through from the academy on the goalkeeping front.
Fabianskis contract is being negotiated i think, but i still think Areola is as good as , or nearly. Keepers are a little hard to juggle as they are rarely injured, but i thnk Areola has done enough to warrant his place. For one his distribution surpasses Fabianski
Not only Areola's distribution , but feel the defense is happier with the way he dominates the area and comes off his line .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:40 am

Completely agree. Tbh when Areola turned up I expected Fabianski to slowly be pushed to one side but, in fairness, generally his performances have justified him keeping his place which is tough on Areola because, as you say, the back up goalie's role is a bit soul destroying. Areola is 29 next month and Fabianski is 37 in May so time is on Areola's side. Whether he'll be happy to wait for his chance is something we'll have to wait and see for I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Interesting. Jesse can't go there now he's done the Hammers cross sign surely 🤔 sure the Yids would have something to say 😂
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-transfer

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:02 pm Interesting. Jesse can't go there now he's done the Hammers cross sign surely 🤔 sure the Yids would have something to say 😂
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-transfer
If he does, hope he carries on doing the hammers sign :lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Looks like Burnley are accepting that their time in the PL is over. Selling Chris Wood is one thing but selling him to a rival relegation candidate doesn’t seem like good business, does it. ?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:59 pm Looks like Burnley are accepting that their time in the PL is over. Selling Chris Wood is one thing but selling him to a rival relegation candidate doesn’t seem like good business, does it. ?
They triggered a release clause apparently, nothing Burnley can do about it

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Guess he is looking two seasons ahead and hoping their money will drag them back to the prem. Laugh my nuts off if they flounder there.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

You know what you are going to get with Wood, don't think he's a terrible player and he always seems to give us problems...but, but...all that money!! Bet the Geordie fans are ecstatic.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am You know what you are going to get with Wood, don't think he's a terrible player and he always seems to give us problems...but, but...all that money!! Bet the Geordie fans are ecstatic.
I think back in the day he would have been referred to as a "good honest professional".

I've always thought he was decent enough and no doubt he'll do a job for the Geordies. But not the calibre of player I would guess some of their fans were expecting to see roll into town when the camel worriers showed up.