Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:32 am

I watched Man United's game tonight with my 15 year old grandson. He started "supporting" United because two of his mates decided to support City. He actually asked me to explain why, if Jesse Lingard can't buy a game for United at the moment , West Ham , who he thinks (and I agree) are a much better TEAM than United at the moment, despite United having better players, would be interested in bringing him in.

I didn't have an answer then and having thought about it for the last 2 or 3 hours I still haven't.
I had a similar discussion with a mate of mine, who raves about young Jesse. Yes he's a decent player and all the rest of it, but for me not what we need, nor should be looking at to bring in. It was obvious he was going to play out of his socks for us, in order to get himself back in the limelight and either get a contract with Man Utd or move on to a bigger club. Fair enough he did that but it's not working for him. It just seems to me he's just a maturer Revel Morrison whose happy to warm a bench and collect his wages and who wouldn't do that in his situation, I know I would. There's three areas we all know that need addressing and he doesn't fit in to any of them at our club.
So with all due respect Jesse, fuck right off, sit on the bench at your average team, and shite management, we don't need you.
Only thing I disagree with there is the comparison with Morrison. By all accounts Lingard is a model pro in the professional sense and, apparently, very responsible in looking after his family. Morrison on the other hand was a lowlife little wannabe gangsta scrote who had a criminal conviction for beating up his mum. He may have changed since being with us but looking at the way his career has gone I doubt it.

But we don't need anyone in Lingard's position so it's time to move on from him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:02 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 am

If there wasn’t a suitable striker available last summer ) or the 2 previous windows) then there ain’t going to be one available now is there ?

I’m not against the idea of a perm-any-3-from-4 fluid front line false 9 type system but I’m bang against the idea of signing Lingard just cos we can’t get a striker .

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , fuck Lingard he had his chance and blew it what with his over romantic ideas that Manure are HIS team .

Well I’ve got news for him , Manure don’t want HIM and the sooner he gets used to that idea the better off he’ll be …
Just not at West Ham.
And as far as the click bait sites are concerned, it doesn’t help that Lingard keeps posting pics of himself etc in West Ham shirts .
Heaven forbid the thought that the click baiters might have photo shopped said pictures. ;)

Of course if it's Lingard himself really posting them perhaps he just thinks the colour scheme suits him.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:40 am

I had a similar discussion with a mate of mine, who raves about young Jesse. Yes he's a decent player and all the rest of it, but for me not what we need, nor should be looking at to bring in. It was obvious he was going to play out of his socks for us, in order to get himself back in the limelight and either get a contract with Man Utd or move on to a bigger club. Fair enough he did that but it's not working for him. It just seems to me he's just a maturer Revel Morrison whose happy to warm a bench and collect his wages and who wouldn't do that in his situation, I know I would. There's three areas we all know that need addressing and he doesn't fit in to any of them at our club.
So with all due respect Jesse, fuck right off, sit on the bench at your average team, and shite management, we don't need you.
Only thing I disagree with there is the comparison with Morrison. By all accounts Lingard is a model pro in the professional sense and, apparently, very responsible in looking after his family. Morrison on the other hand was a lowlife little wannabe gangsta scrote who had a criminal conviction for beating up his mum. He may have changed since being with us but looking at the way his career has gone I doubt it.

But we don't need anyone in Lingard's position so it's time to move on from him.
Completely agree that Lingard is nothing like Morrison.

It seems though that he has a family of which some members have special needs and he is the person looking after them. Therefore any move will have repercussions there and hence why moving his whole family down to London is maybe not the best thing for him.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:44 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:02 am

And as far as the click bait sites are concerned, it doesn’t help that Lingard keeps posting pics of himself etc in West Ham shirts .
Heaven forbid the thought that the click baiters might have photo shopped said pictures. ;)

Of course if it's Lingard himself really posting them perhaps he just thinks the colour scheme suits him.
Sorry but that’s a ridiculous post .

Lingard’s instagram account is as accessible as anybody else’s .
Of course those pics are genuine .

Who in their right mind would repost photographs of himself making out he’s dancing around with an imaginary Piccolo like he’s some sort of Ian Anderson Kansas City Faggot ffs .

I’m sure you’ve seen the photograph I’m talking about ffs
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:12 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:44 am

Sorry but that’s a ridiculous post .

Lingard’s instagram account is as accessible as anybody else’s .
Of course those pics are genuine .

Who in their right mind would repost photographs of himself making out he’s dancing around with an imaginary Piccolo like he’s some sort of Ian Anderson Kansas City Faggot ffs .

I’m sure you’ve seen the photograph I’m talking about ffs
I haven't because I don't "follow" people on Instagram and the like. And I'm sure Lingard, like most top players, has a media team who deal with his social media stuff for him..

As for it being a ridiculous post, surely that puts it in the same category of the rest of the silly season (transfer window rumours) posts we are all familiar with. ;)

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Thought it was well documented that Morrison has mental issues. Life is like box of chocolates and all that....

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

only1salty wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Thought it was well documented that Morrison has mental issues. Life is like box of chocolates and all that....
There's more savvy in the Forest though.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Not surprising. It seems to be the way of the world that no one is expected to take responsibility for their actions. Mental issues is as good an excuse as any other I guess. Poor luvvy probably wasn't cuddled enough as a child.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Reading Everton want £30mil for Digne. So that’s us out of the race to sign him.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:04 am Reading Everton want £30mil for Digne. So that’s us out of the race to sign him.
And Newcastle want big ears from Burnley - but it's early doors