Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Was it him that near as said we were the last club he would want to come to, or am l thinking of someone else?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:28 am Was it him that near as said we were the last club he would want to come to, or am l thinking of someone else?!
I seem to remember when we were linked with him last season reading that he said he wanted to go to a Champions League club if he left Burnley.

Tbh I don't see any upside if we bring him him and sell Diop. He's older and won't have a transfer value after , say , a 4 year contract, and imo certainly not an upgrade. But I guess Moyes must see something in him a lot of us don't.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:42 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:28 am Was it him that near as said we were the last club he would want to come to, or am l thinking of someone else?!
I seem to remember when we were linked with him last season reading that he said he wanted to go to a Champions League club if he left Burnley.

Tbh I don't see any upside if we bring him him and sell Diop. He's older and won't have a transfer value after , say , a 4 year contract, and imo certainly not an upgrade. But I guess Moyes must see something in him a lot of us don't.
Have to say I'm with you. Am I being stupid, or were we a bit short sighted letting the General go.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:46 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:30 pm

Christ on a bike - the club are in for big ears...
Nah click bait .

Don’t forget that this is the bloke…
The Gonz would never fib to his loyal audience and for a channel that promotes male grooming products - what is the lad doing with his facial hair...he looks like a man who's legally banned from his local supermarket...he could hide two cartons of pringles in that muff

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:11 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:46 pm

Nah click bait .

Don’t forget that this is the bloke…
The Gonz would never fib to his loyal audience and for a channel that promotes male grooming products - what is the lad doing with his facial hair...he looks like a man who's legally banned from his local supermarket...he could hide two cartons of pringles in that muff
Quite . I mean , who would believe a man that sleeps on the tube with a thawed out Iceland mega-sausage in his lap ffs .
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:33 pm How longs it been!? 1 week?!. Could probably sign any Tom Dick or Harry in that time and if we rushed we would probably end up with the middle one. Of course dithering has its set backs too.

He might be known as dithering Dave but better he chooses and not Sullivan. He has targets, he just has to get them tied down. Think the stumbling block is Sullivan and the cash, He tends to offer insulting offers, and that in January too, chances his arm tight arse bastard will never learn.
Morning,

Fact of the matter is that we have been desperate to recruit a centre half and a striker as a matter of urgency, we are running on red ffs, we employed a recruitment guy from City in OCTOBER, not so sure they are on the same page or even on speaking terms if reports are true we are attempting to buy the same guy he tried to last window or 3, City don`t do bargain basement.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Makes ya wonder if it’s lazy on their part or they know something we don’t
Attachments
EC4B0943-81E7-4FF2-A6EE-FBC94090EA3F.jpeg
EC4B0943-81E7-4FF2-A6EE-FBC94090EA3F.jpeg (168.56 KiB) Viewed 497 times
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:54 am Makes ya wonder if it’s lazy on their part or they know something we don’t
Nice one - I'm not really an ITV smartie but if they insist...

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:54 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:42 am

Have to say I'm with you. Am I being stupid, or were we a bit short sighted letting the General go.
I was only thinking last night of posting “what I’d give for Balbuena now”.

He was preferred to Diop for much of his last season, and Diop is now a regular starter, so logic would suggest we’d be better off having kept him.

Towie

Post by Towie »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:24 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:54 am

I was only thinking last night of posting “what I’d give for Balbuena now”.

He was preferred to Diop for much of his last season, and Diop is now a regular starter, so logic would suggest we’d be better off having kept him.
Agree, he was a decent player for us.
Had a wobbly spell when Moyes joined 2nd time, I remember his performance vs WBA (Bilic was manager) in FA Cup he was dreadful, crowd were booing him and he was hooked at half time.
But he fought back, and had a good season last year.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.