Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am

Personally i think he can do one,. If he=s keeping Moyes dangling then he is doing neither us nor Moyes a favour, and he aint exactly so classy we need him desperately.
Why do we even need Lingard ( or why did Moyes bring in Vlasic ? ) when we have Lanzini and Fornals , if anything other then a striker , Left Back and probably a CB now are required it's got to be an out and out winger , because it doesn't look like Okoflex is going to get a chance anytime soon .
We dont need Lingard, as you say we need more the other 3. But presuming our suspicions have foundation Moyes thinks we do, the question is why,
His so called versatility maybe? He thinks he`s getting 3 players for the price of one
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We’ll top up with another fucking midfielder and a goalie
:D

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm

Why do we even need Lingard ( or why did Moyes bring in Vlasic ? ) when we have Lanzini and Fornals , if anything other then a striker , Left Back and probably a CB now are required it's got to be an out and out winger , because it doesn't look like Okoflex is going to get a chance anytime soon .
We dont need Lingard, as you say we need more the other 3. But presuming our suspicions have foundation Moyes thinks we do, the question is why,
His so called versatility maybe? He thinks he`s getting 3 players for the price of one
I would say West Ham desperately need Jesse Lingard in the same way they desperately missed Payet when he departed. Having a major influencer who surges forward,dragging all the others with him is exactly what has been missing.

Antonip played a couple of games where he offered the promise of a rampager on the loose but has since regressed back into his native mediocrity.
Leaving Declan Rice with the responsibility to be the driving catalyst. As well as doing his day job.

All of which is not helped, by playing Lanzini,Fornals,Benrahama in positions where they are not best functional or suited. Which is why they often score
6s and 7s rather than 8s or 9s.

Not a criticism that can be levelled at Jared Bowen who has just got on with it and is usually excellent. Which leaves him,the excellent Rice,Zouma and Areola as the stand outs. We can easily find another three to praise so fielding 11 players (7 very good ones) plus three adequate performers from the others, is normally good enough to give most teams a game in the division.

Of course having a small squad means when the over reliance of your very best, is stretched beyond reasonable limits...the shit hits the fan.
And the blowback covers fucking everybody...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm

I would say West Ham desperately need Jesse Lingard in the same way they desperately missed Payet when he departed. Having a major influencer who surges forward,dragging all the others with him is exactly what has been missing.

Antonip played a couple of games where he offered the promise of a rampager on the loose but has since regressed back into his native mediocrity.
Leaving Declan Rice with the responsibility to be the driving catalyst. As well as doing his day job.

All of which is not helped, by playing Lanzini,Fornals,Benrahama in positions where they are not best functional or suited. Which is why they often score

Not a criticism that can be levelled at Jared Bowen who has just got on with it and is usually excellent. Which leaves him,the excellent Rice,Zouma and Areola as the stand outs. We can easily find another three to praise so fielding 11 players (7 very good ones) plus three adequate performers from the others, is normally good enough to give most teams a game in the division.

Of course having a small squad means when the over reliance of your very best, is stretched beyond reasonable limits...the shit hits the fan.
As for a major influencer in the squad as it is now , I really think Vlasic could fill that void , but you can be sure Moyes will not play him there .
Though I am not a big fan of the mediocre Antonio , at times it's not all down to him like against Man Utd he was isolated far to often no one was able to get near him , the support was nowhere to be seen , he was fighting a losing battle on his own dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball .
Aren't Bowen and Benrahma usually playing in their best position out wide ( I am still not convinced Benrahma is good enough ) , as for Fornals he was Moyes go to man out of position on the wing , as is Vlasic now both of them are better suited to playing as a AM .
Recently we have had a U23 winger who is ripping it up in their league on the bench , and he hasn't had a look in , even when we were 2-0 against Norwich on the 88 minute Moyes brings on Yarmolenko .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:24 pm We’ll top up with another fucking midfielder and a goalie
:D
Joking aside , I would definitely sign Areola , he is a starter for me , get rid of Randolph .
As for a midfielder , we have enough now to go out on the wing , just need a winger really .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:53 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm

As for a major influencer in the squad as it is now , I really think Vlasic could fill that void , but you can be sure Moyes will not play him there .
Though I am not a big fan of the mediocre Antonio , at times it's not all down to him like against Man Utd he was isolated far to often no one was able to get near him , the support was nowhere to be seen , he was fighting a losing battle on his own dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball .
Aren't Bowen and Benrahma usually playing in their best position out wide ( I am still not convinced Benrahma is good enough ) , as for Fornals he was Moyes go to man out of position on the wing , as is Vlasic now both of them are better suited to playing as a AM .
Recently we have had a U23 winger who is ripping it up in their league on the bench , and he hasn't had a look in , even when we were 2-0 against Norwich on the 88 minute Moyes brings on Yarmolenko .
I take your point and the example is a good one. There have been risk free opportunities to try different personnel during the last few months, but puzzlingly they have been ignored. I would have thought it would be good to get a full 360 view of the whole squad before deciding on recruitments.

Especially where cover and funds are thin. I wonder how adaptable the manager is and I'm not using that as a compliment.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:31 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:53 pm

I take your point and the example is a good one. There have been risk free opportunities to try different personnel during the last few months, but puzzlingly they have been ignored. I would have thought it would be good to get a full 360 view of the whole squad before deciding on recruitments.

Especially where cover and funds are thin. I wonder how adaptable the manager is and I'm not using that as a compliment.
Really not sure why Vlasic hasn't been starting as a eight or a ten because that is where he should be playing . And we can all see Fornals is a ten , not out wide .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

If you haven't got the player you want that plays in that position then turn another into one ala Arnie and Antonio. I wonder if Moyes learnt that trick from Bilic
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Really not sure why Vlasic hasn't been starting as a eight or a ten because that is where he should be playing . And we can all see Fornals is a ten , not out wide .
Off course we all see it, the one who doesn’t is the man in charge.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:37 pm

An you give me a list of Vlasics strengths, from what you've so far seen?
I can give a little of weaknesses.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."