Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Nathaniel Phillips, would be be third. Choice over Dawson?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:13 am
Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am You know what you are going to get with Wood, don't think he's a terrible player and he always seems to give us problems...but, but...all that money!! Bet the Geordie fans are ecstatic.
I think back in the day he would have been referred to as a "good honest professional".

I've always thought he was decent enough and no doubt he'll do a job for the Geordies. But not the calibre of player I would guess some of their fans were expecting to see roll into town when the camel worriers showed up.
My toon supporting mate has been realistic if that’s any gauge on fan expectations. They currently have no fit strikers so they had to do something, and something quick to give them a chance
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:23 am

I think back in the day he would have been referred to as a "good honest professional".

I've always thought he was decent enough and no doubt he'll do a job for the Geordies. But not the calibre of player I would guess some of their fans were expecting to see roll into town when the camel worriers showed up.
My toon supporting mate has been realistic if that’s any gauge on fan expectations. They currently have no fit strikers so they had to do something, and something quick to give them a chance
No doubt he'll hit the ground running, but from what I've seen its the defence where the main issues lie for them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am

No doubt he'll hit the ground running, but from what I've seen its the defence where the main issues lie for them.
I think both areas are issues when Wilson and Saint Maxim are injured (which is quite often). I believe they’re after a couple of defenders too though, alongside Trippier who I think is a great signing for them
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am You know what you are going to get with Wood, don't think he's a terrible player and he always seems to give us problems...but, but...all that money!! Bet the Geordie fans are ecstatic.

Oh camel, ye faithful...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am

It is. But with Wilson out for a while they had to bring in someone up front.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:11 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:17 pm By all accounts we can expect an announcement within the next 24 hours.
Yeah, contract extensions for current players, not new signings.
Well that is disappointing.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

deanox wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:22 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:17 pm By all accounts we can expect an announcement within the next 24 hours.
Not holding my breath Andy. ;)
Wisely so my old friend, wisely so..... 😂
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ok, keeper talk again. Areola is willing,it appears, or so rumour suggests, to remain at West Ham despite his limited appearances. His contract with PSG runs until 2023,.

I wonder what the terms of the loan deal was and if it would still put Sullivan off a permanent stay?! Or, knowing Areolas wishes make renegotiation possible.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz explains exactly why West Ham will not sell Jared Bowen to Liverpool for £70M. He's very good at this type of thing, I've noticed - and if you want to know definitively, what is not going to happen, keep a beady eye on this channel