Fourth Round Draw

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Fourth Round Draw

Post by JayK »

I find completely ridiculous a prem team can be playing at home in the cup against a non prem team and have var, but not have var if the tie was at the non prem ground. Wtf is that all about?
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

IFAB rules, you need a licence to use VAR and the F.A never applied for a full one, only one that includes premier teams home games. Technically I guess , it's the FL responsibility to apply themselves. I can understand that smaller clubs would rather put their 9k plus per game elsewhere.

Having said that, it is not law it must be used so in these competitions there could be room for evening things out and not use it.

I would prefer it never be used as it has gone beyond the boundaries of it's original intent, a bit like the original intent of introducing offside in the first place.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 am IFAB rules, you need a licence to use VAR and the F.A never applied for a full one, only one that includes premier teams home games. Technically I guess , it's the FL responsibility to apply themselves. I can understand that smaller clubs would rather put their 9k plus per game elsewhere.

Having said that, it is not law it must be used so in these competitions there could be room for evening things out and not use it.

I would prefer it never be used as it has gone beyond the boundaries of it's original intent, a bit like the original intent of introducing offside in the first place.
Good info Joe, I never knew that.
COYI!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:08 pm If I were them I'd have the game switched.
I agree, it makes sense, there is no guarantee with the TV money, but they would be guaranteed whatever their cut of the attendance is at ours, plus they only hold 6.500 at their stadium, we could in theory offer them up to 9.000.
Not only that their players could experience playing in a world class stadium with world class rail links

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 am
Totally agree with that. The original idea of "clear and obvious " errors was a good one but it now seems that every goal is forensically analysed for the slightest infraction. A clear and obvious error would take , what, a couple of seconds to sort out if it was clear and bloody obvious. Some decisions are taking over 2 minutes to sort out. Bloody ridiculous. Bin the fucking thing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 pm Looks like the FA have got Man Utd’s name on the Cup already this year! ;)

VAR at it's very worst.
Oh ffs not more conspiracy theorys . :x

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Quite simply if it can't be used in all games it shouldn't be used in any. It means it's not a level playing field for the lower league teams which is what the FA Cup is all about

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Point is it can be used in all games there isn't an official rule stating lower League teams can not use it. It is just that the football league themselves did not apply for the licence, so technically it's their choice.

Having said that, I agree that VARs use during domestic cups could be ceased., Or at least when a none prem team plays away. Many sides of the argument, if you want parity then pay being one.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest