West Ham vs Norwich City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Norwich City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Back to the Premier League for the re-arranged game that was called off before Xmas. All I hope Cresswell will be back in the side and hope we can perform at the top level as don't want similar result like we did against Brentford and Southampton. Not sure why Coufal wasn't in the squad against Leeds so hope it is not covid.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Johnson (if Cressie not start but if he is, then Johnson will slip into RB slot.

Soucek
Ricey

Bowen
Lanzini
Vlasic

Antonio

Hope we will give a good game and get as many wins as we can until the end of the season to have good chance of 4th, if not, top 6 or 7 at least.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Norwich City Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well done Ibbs,bit late with this one - I'll let you off, I'm generous like that.

Norwich are another one of these excellent football teams that play the game nice and friendly and with a liberal welcoming attitude.

I expect the team to rotate itself, so don't be surprised to see more of Arthur and the ever ready Andriy Yarmolenko.

Loose prediction: 2-0

...and Mark Noble of course, sprinkling 15 yard pearlers all around the London stadium

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:15 pm Well done Ibbs,bit late with this one - I'll let you off, I'm generous like that.

Norwich are another one of these excellent football teams that play the game nice and friendly and with a liberal welcoming attitude.

I expect the team to rotate itself, so don't be surprised to see more of Arthur and the ever ready Andriy Yarmolenko.

Loose prediction: 2-0

...and Mark Noble of course, sprinkling 15 yard pearlers all around the London stadium
As long as Masuaku NEVER to go back in left back position and clearly we need a LB and a defender this transfer windows.

Masuaku, Yarmolenko and Noble can come in 2nd half after 85th minutes. You know how Moyes do. :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tokyojoe

Post by tokyojoe »

Pretty much the same team that started today, give or take a couple.

Should be winning this one.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tokyojoe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm Pretty much the same team that started today, give or take a couple.

I still think we need Fornals’ creativity. I’ll get pellets but I would bench Antonio and play Bowen as the main striker .
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 pm
tokyojoe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm Pretty much the same team that started today, give or take a couple.

I still think we need Fornals’ creativity. I’ll get pellets but I would bench Antonio and play Bowen as the main striker .
No pellets from here
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Wouldn't it be great if we had more than 1 striker, Antonio is on the knife edge of another 3 - 5 game injury.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

h69

Post by h69 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm Wouldn't it be great if we had more than 1 striker, Antonio is on the knife edge of another 3 - 5 game injury.
As he has been all season like every other player yet it has not happened.

Personally I would change Lanzini for Fornals and play Vlasic wide, keep Antonio and play Coufal at RB if he is out of isolation. If not, same fullbacks as Sunday.

I hear differing rumours about Cresswell. Some say he is nowhere near ready and others say he is close to returning. We need Fornals creativity (Lanzini runs with the ball but his passing is not a patch on Fornals) and we need Cresswell's dead ball delivery.

If the rumours are to be believed, Zouma is 2 or 3 weeks from being back involved so all good.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:24 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm Wouldn't it be great if we had more than 1 striker, Antonio is on the knife edge of another 3 - 5 game injury.

Personally I would change Lanzini for Fornals and play Vlasic wide, keep Antonio and play Coufal at RB if he is out of isolation. If not, same fullbacks as Sunday.

I hear differing rumours about Cresswell. Some say he is nowhere near ready and others say he is close to returning. We need Fornals creativity (Lanzini runs with the ball but his passing is not a patch on Fornals) and we need Cresswell's dead ball delivery.

If the rumours are to be believed, Zouma is 2 or 3 weeks from being back involved so all good.
Hope you’re right about Zouma
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:28 am
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:24 am

Hope you’re right about Zouma
No need to sign big ears, yippee