Postponements

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Postponements

Post by terrya1965 »

dorsetdano wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 am I think one of the ways to stop this (or at least reduce the postponements) is to give the club who had the postponement forced upon them the choice of when the replay is staged. Arsenal have a massive advantage in replay terms as they are no longer in the FA Cup, so postponing matches won't hurt them initially. Burnley are really getting hurt by the number of games being cancelled and with their small squad, they are in real trouble.
I think the best way is to put it down has a 3-0 defeat,that will change a few minds about calling their games off.

It won't bloody happen again.

Towie

Post by Towie »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 pm
dorsetdano wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 am I think one of the ways to stop this (or at least reduce the postponements) is to give the club who had the postponement forced upon them the choice of when the replay is staged. Arsenal have a massive advantage in replay terms as they are no longer in the FA Cup, so postponing matches won't hurt them initially. Burnley are really getting hurt by the number of games being cancelled and with their small squad, they are in real trouble.
I think the best way is to put it down has a 3-0 defeat,that will change a few minds about calling their games off.

That is exactly what UEFA did to Spuds, PL could learn from them, not only on that but how to use VAR correctly.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:15 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 pm

That is exactly what UEFA did to Spuds, PL could learn from them, not only on that but how to use VAR correctly.
True, but I think I’m right saying Spurs made the decision to call the game off without consulting UEFA. And as we know it’s the PL who agree games can be called off after the clubs request permission. And as the rules were agreed by the PL clubs I doubt if things are going to change soon.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:15 pm

True, but I think I’m right saying Spurs made the decision to call the game off without consulting UEFA. And as we know it’s the PL who agree games can be called off after the clubs request permission. And as the rules were agreed by the PL clubs I doubt if things are going to change soon.
They did consult UEFA actually

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Here's a half hearted or halfarted , which ever way you want to put it, effort by the F.A to cut down on the number of postponements due to COVID. Clubs now have to prove that at least 4 of their squad have it. What happened to the " 14 players enough to play the game". A bullshit effort as far as I'm concerned.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest