Postponements

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Postponements

Post by Castiron »

Ralph hitting the nail on the head here.
Covid is being used to buy time for some clubs.
Liverpool made a remarkable recovery from Covid to face the mighty Shrews, but couldn't face Arsenal a few days before. It's a fucking joke and again shows the might of the so called bigger clubs.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... tponements

JayK

Re: Postponements

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:42 pm Ralph hitting the nail on the head here.
Covid is being used to buy time for some clubs.
Liverpool made a remarkable recovery from Covid to face the mighty Shrews, but couldn't face Arsenal a few days before. It's a fucking joke and again shows the might of the so called bigger clubs.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... tponements
Well, apparently those that couldn’t face Arsenal couldn’t face Shrewsbury either. Should the f.a cup game have been postponed too? Probably. But then Klopp is coming out saying all but 1 were false positives. Are they playing the covid game now for their own benefit or is he speaking the truth?
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

He tested positive but I lied so it is really a false positive.

They left too many loopholes. What exactly does with enough experience mean!? And what is the criteria to judge that!? Least they could insist on is a list of stand ins and without them forfeit the match. But I guess it will still boil down to honesty.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

There was a debate on Talk Sport about this subject this morning. Leicester were used as an example. Their game against Watford went ahead, but apparently they were due to play someone later this week in the PL and it was called off. I agree with Danny Murphy who said something along the lik, es of "of course clubs are taking advantage of the rules if it suits them because people will always use the rules to their benefit when it suits them".

This Covid crap is getting even sillier now. As a nation we have to learn to live with it. Including fucking football.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 pm There was a debate on Talk Sport about this subject this morning. Leicester were used as an example. Their game against Watford went ahead, but apparently they were due to play someone later this week in the PL and it was called off. I agree with Danny Murphy who said something along the lik, es of "of course clubs are taking advantage of the rules if it suits them because people will always use the rules to their benefit when it suits them".

This Covid crap is getting even sillier now. As a nation we have to learn to live with it. Including fucking football.
I think Everton is the game in question
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I said this from Day one,when Spurs and Man Utd postponed their games.

Liverpool just jumped on that bandwagon.Who can blame them?

When we played Norwich on Wednesday,we would have fulfilled all our fixtures(including Europe and Cup) ,while the rest of the PL wouldn't have.

So well done Moyes and the boys for being honest.Let's hope it comes back and bites the rest on the bum and we get our rewards.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 pm I said this from Day one,when Spurs and Man Utd postponed their games.

When we played Norwich on Wednesday,we would have fulfilled all our fixtures(including Europe and Cup) ,while the rest of the PL wouldn't have.

So well done Moyes and the boys for being honest.Let's hope it comes back and bites the rest on the bum and we get our rewards.
No you didnt you said it was part of a massive conspiracy tho favour the big clubs like you always do terry.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Parry Hotter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:13 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 pm I said this from Day one,when Spurs and Man Utd postponed their games.

No you didnt you said it was part of a massive conspiracy tho favour the big clubs like you always do terry.
I turned round and said,it would help their new managers to put their ideas across and when they signed new players in the window,they would benefit from it.

You little sh*t stirrer Harry :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Apparently "big club" Leicester have used the absence of players out in Africa at the moment (Iheanacho, Amartey and Ndidi) as part of their request to have tonight's Everton game postponed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ments.html
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:17 am

Apparently "big club" Leicester have used the absence of players out in Africa at the moment (Iheanacho, Amartey and Ndidi) as part of their request to have tonight's Everton game postponed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ments.html
If the F.A accept that then it is confirming that the whole situation is just a joke. As has been said, they know the drawbacks of signing African internationals so they cant , and shouldnt be allowed, to use that as an excuse. Play or pay i say.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest