West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:02 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:06 pm Our whole squad was having an off day or a partial one, but at least they were full of pep.
We're getting Pep? Thats how rumours start. :D
:D i knew someone was going to pick up on that, but i was wide of the mark on who.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Social media can be a wonderful tool.The majority of the time posters are great,but there will always be arseholes I'm afraid.

You'll never change it.

Like one of you said,they are keyboard warriors..You meet them in real life and they wouldn't say boo to a goose.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm

Cunting off players for lack of application and effort is one thing, but cunting off a player who is working his cojones off but just isn't good enough on the day is something else entirely. Some players don't put in the hard graft, that is a conscious decision on their part, but no one plays badly on purpose.

Unless of course you were a Wimbledon player on 7th May 1994 in the second half at Goodison Park. But I suspect an abundance of brown envelopes might have been a factor that day. ;)
I just noticed that this was just posted by someone with regards to Issa Diop (on Twitter in case TOWIE gets defensive again) by someone who uses Instagram. It was on Issa Diop's Instagram page apparently. I don't use that platform myself but if this is what people call constructive criticism then I am sad that we finally have a load of cunts following us rather than actual supporters.

Yes, he had a poor game but just how does that support him or the team

Still, they will still probably find time to march like a bunch of wankers because we can't attract players despite being 4th in the table :roll:
That is truly sickening.
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 am
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm

I just noticed that this was just posted by someone with regards to Issa Diop (on Twitter in case TOWIE gets defensive again) by someone who uses Instagram. It was on Issa Diop's Instagram page apparently. I don't use that platform myself but if this is what people call constructive criticism then I am sad that we finally have a load of cunts following us rather than actual supporters.

Yes, he had a poor game but just how does that support him or the team

Still, they will still probably find time to march like a bunch of wankers because we can't attract players despite being 4th in the table :roll:
That is truly sickening.
What is the mentality of someone to actually go online and write that sort of shit 🤷

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Kick a man whilst he is down and he will likely take longer to rise, lift him up when he is down is more likely to produce better results.

I often feel ashamed reading those remarks, ok to criticize players but to publicly abuse them is another matter. It doesn't make me feel proud to know we have support ( if you can call it that) like that, Totally counter productive and solves nothing
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:27 am Kick a man whilst he is down and he will likely take longer to rise, lift him up when he is down is more likely to produce better results.

I often feel ashamed reading those remarks, ok to criticize players but to publicly abuse them is another matter. It doesn't make me feel proud to know we have support ( if you can call it that) like that, Totally counter productive and solves nothing
Problem is mate most of these cunts would struggle to tell you what day of the week it is. When I had my ST there was a bloke who had one within earshot who gave some really unpleasant, personal abuse to players when they were having a bad day. But next game if they were having a decent game the same player was god's gift and the England manager was an ignorant cunt for not picking him. The bloke was a warehouse worker for a supermarket and I often wondered if, when he was having a bad day on his forklift, how he would react if a crowd of blokes were standing behind him shouting stuff like Oi you dopy cunt those fucking Rice Krispies don't go there---fuck orfff ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:05 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 am

That is truly sickening.
What is the mentality of someone to actually go online and write that sort of shit 🤷
Mrs W's degree is in psychology and apparently it's a sign of feeling inadequate in your life and wanting to feel powerful and important. Worryingly studies do apparently suggest that the old jokes about going home and kicking hell out of the cat are uncomfortably near to the truth.

Except it could well be the wife and kids who are on the end of it and not Tiddles. And we've sadly read all too often about the sort of inadequate shit who beat up on kids with fatal consequences. Makes you think.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:35 am
Castiron wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:05 am
Mrs W's degree is in psychology and apparently it's a sign of feeling inadequate in your life and wanting to feel powerful and important. Worryingly studies do apparently suggest that the old jokes about going home and kicking hell out of the cat are uncomfortably near to the truth.

Except it could well be the wife and kids who are on the end of it and not Tiddles. And we've sadly read all too often about the sort of inadequate shit who beat up on kids with fatal consequences. Makes you think.
Might the release of expressing pent up frustrations in the form of venting on line, dissipate unfocussed violent thoughts and save "tiddles", the wife and kids from becoming targets closer to home.

So the question could be asked: Does Issa Diop's poor distributions during a football match, make society a safer or more dangerous place.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:07 pm

But from what we all read in the mainstream media about abuse many players get, not just our club of course, very typical of the lowlife cowards who tap away on their keyboards in their lonely little bedrooms presumably because their social skills are inadequate for the to join normal society.
Plenty of idiots at all clubs, you won’t get rid of them.

I personally can’t be bothered with those that just put abuse on their posts, Twitter, Instagram whatever platform it is.

What is just as sad is those that trawl through it all reading it then post it on other forums. 😂😂😂
Yeah I agree. And what is sad is that I had to or some wanker will claim that they were not given the source to clarify the point :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:30 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:27 am Kick a man whilst he is down and he will likely take longer to rise, lift him up when he is down is more likely to produce better results.

Problem is mate most of these cunts would struggle to tell you what day of the week it is. When I had my ST there was a bloke who had one within earshot who gave some really unpleasant, personal abuse to players when they were having a bad day. But next game if they were having a decent game the same player was god's gift and the England manager was an ignorant cunt for not picking him. The bloke was a warehouse worker for a supermarket and I often wondered if, when he was having a bad day on his forklift, how he would react if a crowd of blokes were standing behind him shouting stuff like Oi you dopy cunt those fucking Rice Krispies don't go there---fuck orfff ;)
Its true. You see dozens of people below 40 with flat caps on because they have watched Peaky Blinders and think it gives them some kind of gangster look.

To be honest, many fans, especially these days are often bipolar. Win a game and the manager is a genius, tactics were brilliant, players are superb etc. Lost one and the players are tired, the tactics are wrong, the manager knows nothing and the players need replacing.
It is a symptom of the way football is in general, the way the Premier League nowadays is set up where everyone demands instant results, Media, clubs, owners and that filters down to the fans but starts with the media. I guarantee that John Lyall and maybe even Ron Greenwood would never have been given a chance in todays game as it is a win immediately mentality nowadays.

Never better exemplified than when we played Brighton and drew 1-1 and followed it up 2 and a half days later with a 3-2 win v Chelsea.