West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Flairon »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm I thought that we were rather flat as a team and slow out of the blocks.

Antonio had an off day, as did many of the team to be honest. Even though he scored, I thought Bowen was also off the pace. Vlasic was poor, as was Yarmolenko when he came on. We lost the game due to poor defending and unforced areas. :evil: :x
We didn't loose due to poor team management then ? . Antonio had a off day , think he has had a few of those of late , Bowen runs himself into the ground in every match he plays , we can't expect him to continue like it forever . As for Vlasic he is not a winger what he is is a AM playing out of position . Yarmolenko is not good enough like Masuaku to play in a team vying for silverware or progression in the league .
The problem lays in the hands of the management and or owners , lack of decisiveness in finding players good enough to compete in this league or is it the lack of investment . Just how long have we needed a LB and a Striker , what about another Winger , we have a CM who was brought in yet he doesn't get a look in ( why are we even paying his wages ? ) . Poor defending and unforced areas don't do it for me , as the defence in my eyes have looked a lot better with Areola in goal .
Whether you put it down to poor management o does not negate player accountability. Let's be honest, if we had Zouma and Ogbonna in the team, we would most likely have won the game. Ultimately, the players on the pitch have to take responsibility. We gave the ball up far too easily and lost the ball in key positions.

That being said, where I do agree with you is the lack of positive action in the transfer window. We should have acquired at least one, if not two strikers in the summer, let alone this transfer window.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:52 am
Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm

Calm down? Really you get I’m angry from my post.

You read too much into things, don’t be so sensitive.

Rice made some questionable decisions yesterday, if you don’t let him know how will he improve.

Even Moyes publicly questioned Bowen over why he chose to chest and not head the last seconds chance!

Don’t like reading criticism of players don’t go on Twitter it a forum ffs.
FFS there you go again. You are talking bollocks mate.

Firstly, I never said anything about not criticising players. Where did I write that exactly ? and I never even mentioned Bowen and agree with Moyes that he should have scored but these things happen.
You clearly have not read what I have on social media as the comments are nothing short of abuse and it is one thing is saying that Rice made some questionable decisions which I have no issue with and another is writing 'Rice should fuck off to Chelsea as he clearly does not want to help us get to 4th' or 'he should be stripped of the armband as he is not committed to the club' or maybe you think that is ok ? Personally I think that is ridiculous and is the typical meltdown you get on social media whenever we lose. I also think the booing at Half time was also out of order. And Rice was lucky compared to some of the comments aimed at our other players Bowen included.

Didnt think you were angry but you were a bit defensive about the posts on this forum when I didnt mention people on the forum, just the usual meltdown or do you associate usual meltdown with this forum ?

Never had an issue with criticism of players but morons posting abuse to our best players which you know that they read is plain stupid. I've been critical of Lanzini myself for his performances of late and dont think he should be in the team but I dont feel the need to go on to twitter and abuse him.

Its not about whether I read stuff or not, it should not happen regardless but it is a sign of the kinds of fans we attract now. Wear a flat cap, drink a few pints and expect the team to win every game or go into abuse mode. Most of them are cowards and would not dare say these things to the player directly.
MOST are cowards ?? Change that to all and I would agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately it does seem to sum up the attitudes of many "football fans", not just ours, who seem to forget that players are not fans of the club but employees whose only duty is to perform to the best of their ability for the duration of their contract. They are under no obligation whatsoever to profess unswerving loyalty to their clubs. In fact if we think about it logically to do so would be just a touch hypocritical, wouldn't it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Let's blame it on the car, might be a hundred years old but it's engine still ticks over so no excuse for finishing last.

To some extent it is the players, but you can't gloss over the fact that they were, and looked, drained, and that can only be down to one.

Professional footballers can't play 3 games in 8 days?! Yes, but they don't only play games. Did they all need to play 3 games in 8 days?! No. No point in complaining about match congestion and doing nothing about it. Moyes even admitted they were tired. So most of this sits on Moyes shoulders.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 am

Firstly, I never said anything about not criticising players. Where did I write that exactly ? and I never even mentioned Bowen and agree with Moyes that he should have scored but these things happen.
You clearly have not read what I have on social media as the comments are nothing short of abuse and it is one thing is saying that Rice made some questionable decisions which I have no issue with and another is writing 'Rice should fuck off to Chelsea as he clearly does not want to help us get to 4th' or 'he should be stripped of the armband as he is not committed to the club' or maybe you think that is ok ? Personally I think that is ridiculous and is the typical meltdown you get on social media whenever we lose. I also think the booing at Half time was also out of order. And Rice was lucky compared to some of the comments aimed at our other players Bowen included.

Didnt think you were angry but you were a bit defensive about the posts on this forum when I didnt mention people on the forum, just the usual meltdown or do you associate usual meltdown with this forum ?

Never had an issue with criticism of players but morons posting abuse to our best players which you know that they read is plain stupid. I've been critical of Lanzini myself for his performances of late and dont think he should be in the team but I dont feel the need to go on to twitter and abuse him.

Its not about whether I read stuff or not, it should not happen regardless but it is a sign of the kinds of fans we attract now. Wear a flat cap, drink a few pints and expect the team to win every game or go into abuse mode. Most of them are cowards and would not dare say these things to the player directly.

Ffs, sometimes you really are a tosser.

Exactly where was I talking bollocks?

Your first post said, the normal meltdown has started.
This was posted on this forum, so presumably you are talking about members of this forum, if not please clarify you are talking about Twitter. We are not mind readers.

Right there.

There are many posts on this forum. Not all of them are about members of the forum itself you know but if it really helps, I will write where the source of the meltdown is for you next time so you dont feel victimised rather than you having to ask for clarification.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:31 pm

MOST are cowards ?? Change that to all and I would agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately it does seem to sum up the attitudes of many "football fans", not just ours, who seem to forget that players are not fans of the club but employees whose only duty is to perform to the best of their ability for the duration of their contract. They are under no obligation whatsoever to profess unswerving loyalty to their clubs. In fact if we think about it logically to do so would be just a touch hypocritical, wouldn't it ?
Yeah most. There are some neanderthals who I expect would have no problem actually screaming abuse at a player even if they met them outside unfortunately; probably so their mates could film it on their phones and post on Instagram or twitter :lol:

But this is not because of the player not being loyal anyway as that is a moot point. This is down to a perceived drop in the performance of the player and people who cant comprehend the concept of form and that sometimes players play less well than other times. As fans we are all looking at why players miss chances or play better but I always hear tiredness, tactics and a whole host of other reasons but I never hear that the player was just out of form for a game or that the other team played better than us on the day. Both are valid reasons.

As it happens, I thought Rice was better on Sunday than he was in the first half of the Palace game but he has some games better than others like all the rest of them.
Last edited by h69 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am

It happens. Players miss. On another day it goes in and we get a draw. We would not have deserved it but those things even out as we didnt deserve to lose to Man Utd. That is what makes football so enjoyable, it is not always predictable.
I think he was actually trying to be clever,that's why he's apologised. I'm in no doubt that Moyes had something to say about it in the dresser.
If that was a last minute chance in the Europa final to win it, not sure you'd be so forgiving.
Actually I think I would. I'd be gutted but players are not robots and you cant expect them to finish every chance regardless of how easy they are. Look at Mo Salah's header onto the bar recently when faced with an empty net after the Leicester game.

I was fairly forgiving of Marlon Harewood when he missed that sitter at the end of the FA Cup final.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Our whole squad was having an off day or a partial one, but at least they were full of pep.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Who’d have thought cunting off players was a heinous offence
Not proper fans ffs :D
They would have burst into fucking tears hearing the dogs abuse in the chicken run.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 pm Let's blame it on the car, might be a hundred years old but it's engine still ticks over so no excuse for finishing last.

To some extent it is the players, but you can't gloss over the fact that they were, and looked, drained, and that can only be down to one.

Professional footballers can't play 3 games in 8 days?! Yes, but they don't only play games. Did they all need to play 3 games in 8 days?! No. No point in complaining about match congestion and doing nothing about it. Moyes even admitted they were tired. So most of this sits on Moyes shoulders.
Can't agree that it's only down to one tbh. The backroom staff are all part of the coaching set up. Yes, the manager has the final say, but his coaches, the medics, sports scientists, performance analysts and, for all I know, the trick cyclists, presumably all have input.

I know if I had been in the position of Nolan or Pearce I would have been banging on Moyes' door advocating fielding a second string against Leeds in the cup game to keep the first team back for the more important games later in the week. Maybe they were suggesting he should do that and he ignored their advice. But somehow I doubt it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 pm Who’d have thought cunting off players was a heinous offence
Not proper fans ffs :D
They would have burst into fucking tears hearing the dogs abuse in the chicken run.
Cunting off players for lack of application and effort is one thing, but cunting off a player who is working his cojones off but just isn't good enough on the day is something else entirely. Some players don't put in the hard graft, that is a conscious decision on their part, but no one plays badly on purpose.

Unless of course you were a Wimbledon player on 7th May 1994 in the second half at Goodison Park. But I suspect an abundance of brown envelopes might have been a factor that day. ;)