Chris Wood

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Chris Wood

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

Double figures every season since he has been at Burnley so he is the right kind of person to scrap for points in a team at the bottom plus removes a rival's striking option.

I think it was a good signing for them.
Would've been a decent enough signing at £5m but £27m? Really? ( Re: Transfermarkt and I assume that figure includes wages) but still, Burnley have had the Toons trousers right down here.

Let's be honest, he's going to have to score closer to 20 goals this season to give the Toon much hope of staying up and he ain't going to do that, even with a fairly reasonable run of games coming up.

Looking at their remaining fixtures I don't think they've got a snowballs chance of getting the 29 points they need to get to the magic 40pt mark in their remaining 19 games.

Wouldn't have paid £13.5M for Trippier either if I'm honest. Big money for average players and that's the rut money bags Toon find themselves in. Absolutely no chance of attracting the calibre of players they need to save themselves.
I bet it's a low bar in points accumulation at the bottom. I'm going to suggest that 32 points will be enough. And that means those in the bottom four have to aggregate 20 points in 20 odd games. Which means they have to double their points per game ratio until the season ends.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

Double figures every season since he has been at Burnley so he is the right kind of person to scrap for points in a team at the bottom plus removes a rival's striking option.

I think it was a good signing for them.
Would've been a decent enough signing at £5m but £27m? Really? ( Re: Transfermarkt and I assume that figure includes wages) but still, Burnley have had the Toons trousers right down here.

Let's be honest, he's going to have to score closer to 20 goals this season to give the Toon much hope of staying up and he ain't going to do that, even with a fairly reasonable run of games coming up.

Looking at their remaining fixtures I don't think they've got a snowballs chance of getting the 29 points they need to get to the magic 40pt mark in their remaining 19 games.

Wouldn't have paid £13.5M for Trippier either if I'm honest. Big money for average players and that's the rut money bags Toon find themselves in. Absolutely no chance of attracting the calibre of players they need to save themselves.
Not the first player to be transferred for a fee many find OTT is he ? A certain Manchester United central defender for one springs easily to mind. And tbh I don't think 40 points will be needed for survival this season, more likely to be 35 I'd say.

I'd find it highly amusing if the barcodes did drop down but personally speaking I think they're the ones likely to scrape clear at the expense of Watford, Burnley and Naaarch.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:01 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am

That's my point. Spending big money on players over 30 who at best are bang average. Imagine the uproar here if we'd spunked over £40 million quid on Wood and Trippier.
Fuck me that’s more then we paid for that limp wristed wanker Anderson.
Yeah but we cleverly got £2.7m back... of the £34m we paid for him. :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

h69

Post by h69 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:51 am

27m means nothing to them so I dont think the fee makes any difference whatsoever.
That's my point. Spending big money on players over 30 who at best are bang average. Imagine the uproar here if we'd spunked over £40 million quid on Wood and Trippier.
Makes more sense if you have unlimited funds to buy players like that for a season ro try and get safe and not someone like Robinho