Chris Wood

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Chris Wood

Post by terrya1965 »

If Steve Bruce was still manager and he signed Wood,there would have been hell to pay :lol:

Wood say's he signed because "Newcastle are a massive club"..NO,you signed for them,because you were going to get a decent pay day.

Ibbyham

Re: Chris Wood

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 pm If Steve Bruce was still manager and he signed Wood,there would have been hell to pay :lol:

Wood say's he signed because "Newcastle are a massive club"..NO,you signed for them,because you were going to get a decent pay day.
Wood is not a profilic scorer as he has only scored 3 goals in 17 games, aged 30 soon to be 31 and saying that Newcastle is the biggest club cos all he think about is ££££ and he is NOT an upgrade to Callum Wilson, far from it.

We tried to sign him about 4 to 5 years ago but gladly we didn't.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 pm If Steve Bruce was still manager and he signed Wood,there would have been hell to pay :lol:

Wood is not a profilic scorer as he has only scored 3 goals in 17 games, aged 30 soon to be 31 and saying that Newcastle is the biggest club cos all he think about is ££££ and he is NOT an upgrade to Callum Wilson, far from it.

Don't think they see him as an upgrade on Wilson tbh. But they had to bring someone in so triggered the release clause. Wood could have said no of course so you're absolutely right that he hasn't moved for ambition, just loads of extra wonga.

Which I'm guessing in a similar situation most on this board would have done.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Double figures every season since he has been at Burnley so he is the right kind of person to scrap for points in a team at the bottom plus removes a rival's striking option.

I think it was a good signing for them.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Nice earner for him and he’ll score a bundle for them in the championship next season.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

Double figures every season since he has been at Burnley so he is the right kind of person to scrap for points in a team at the bottom plus removes a rival's striking option.

He could have a good signing for us few years ago but now with his age 30+ we need a younger hunger one that Moyes is searching for.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Would've been a decent enough signing at £5m but £27m? Really? ( Re: Transfermarkt and I assume that figure includes wages) but still, Burnley have had the Toons trousers right down here.

Let's be honest, he's going to have to score closer to 20 goals this season to give the Toon much hope of staying up and he ain't going to do that, even with a fairly reasonable run of games coming up.

Looking at their remaining fixtures I don't think they've got a snowballs chance of getting the 29 points they need to get to the magic 40pt mark in their remaining 19 games.

Wouldn't have paid £13.5M for Trippier either if I'm honest. Big money for average players and that's the rut money bags Toon find themselves in. Absolutely no chance of attracting the calibre of players they need to save themselves.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

h69

Post by h69 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am

Would've been a decent enough signing at £5m but £27m? Really? ( Re: Transfermarkt and I assume that figure includes wages) but still, Burnley have had the Toons trousers right down here.

Let's be honest, he's going to have to score closer to 20 goals this season to give the Toon much hope of staying up and he ain't going to do that, even with a fairly reasonable run of games coming up.

Looking at their remaining fixtures I don't think they've got a snowballs chance of getting the 29 points they need to get to the magic 40pt mark in their remaining 19 games.

Wouldn't have paid £13.5M for Trippier either if I'm honest. Big money for average players and that's the rut money bags Toon find themselves in. Absolutely no chance of attracting the calibre of players they need to save themselves.
27m means nothing to them so I dont think the fee makes any difference whatsoever.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:51 am
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am

27m means nothing to them so I dont think the fee makes any difference whatsoever.
That's my point. Spending big money on players over 30 who at best are bang average. Imagine the uproar here if we'd spunked over £40 million quid on Wood and Trippier.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:51 am

That's my point. Spending big money on players over 30 who at best are bang average. Imagine the uproar here if we'd spunked over £40 million quid on Wood and Trippier.
Fuck me that’s more then we paid for that limp wristed wanker Anderson.