Claret & Hugh Watch

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Claret & Hugh Watch

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:43 am Couldn't watch the game today....so had to visit a few sites to see how we faired..... I admit I was in the wrong but clicked on C&H site to see if the did any player ratings ... But unfortunately no.. but now I am totally confused...... according to a certain Mr Whetstone we drew the match with a last minute Luton goal from

Sonny Perkins ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no doubt he will top up there eventually.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:05 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:18 am

A fine piece of reporting is it not ? The discerning reader will have noticed that the club's sole striker must have failed to impress the redoubtable Mr Whetstone. How do I know this ? Mr W has the , to me, extremely irritating tendency to refer to him as "Mikey" but in yesterday's piece he is referred to simply as "Antonio". Clearly a falling out of some magnitude.

So sorry you couldn't watch the game. I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching it and it annoys the fuck out of me that others were not so unlucky. I always ask myself why I bother watching these PSFs but as yet I haven't come up with a satisfactory answer.

I liked the look of the big lump up front Luton started with though. On the evidence of yesterday I would swap him for Mikey in a flash.
You may find I recommended the big lump up front for Luton a few months ago. 😉
I may. If I could be arsed to look for it. But I can't, sorry. ;)

But well identified. I've since found out his name is Adebayo. But you already knew that didn't you?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Couldn't resist having a look this morning. Areola is given a 4, which I've always considered to mean poor. Presumably their resident expert Dave Langton's comment that he went the wrong way for the penalty explains the low mark.

Benrahma gets a 5 for, it seems, having a tame shot saved by Ederson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am Couldn't resist having a look this morning. Areola is given a 4, which I've always considered to mean poor. Presumably their resident expert Dave Langton's comment that he went the wrong way for the penalty explains the low mark.

Benrahma gets a 5 for, it seems, having a tame shot saved by Ederson. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: And some wonder why they aren't taken seriously. Ok you might study the Kick taker, but at the end of the day it's a guess based on the law of averages. They probably blame him for the penalty, to me he was commited and had no choice, and were the CBs having an extended teabreak?! Benny has sawdust between his ears, shame though as I think he could be so much better if he learnt instead of continuing in the fashion that doesn't work.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am Couldn't resist having a look this morning. Areola is given a 4, which I've always considered to mean poor. Presumably their resident expert Dave Langton's comment that he went the wrong way for the penalty explains the low mark.

:lol: And some wonder why they aren't taken seriously. Ok you might study the Kick taker, but at the end of the day it's a guess based on the law of averages. They probably blame him for the penalty, to me he was commited and had no choice, and were the CBs having an extended teabreak?! Benny has sawdust between his ears, shame though as I think he could be so much better if he learnt instead of continuing in the fashion that doesn't work.
Benrahma is a one trick pony imo. And if the one trick doesn't come off the shoulders slump and the confidence drains away. And, as you say, he has no footballing brain. In fact he remind me of a modern day Stuart Slater. A player who will, for many, convince them he's good because of the occasional flash of skill. Surprised he's still at the club tbh.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I’ve tried sticking up for Benny thinking he’ll come good
Had enough of the cunt now tbh.
No fucking backbone and I’m sure he puts his fucking boots on back to front

Another gamble that hasn’t paid off.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm I’ve tried sticking up for Benny thinking he’ll come good

Doesn´t bode well with Popeyes transfers............Hugill,( already gone) Benny and Vlasic could all be off soon....Krall.,,,,, :oops:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:04 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm I’ve tried sticking up for Benny thinking he’ll come good

Doesn´t bode well with Popeyes transfers............Hugill,( already gone) Benny and Vlasic could all be off soon....Krall.,,,,, :oops:
Really do not understand Moyes animosity towards Vlasic , play him centrally and he will make a difference to how well we play .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Does make we wonder if Vlasic was actually a Moyes choice. I'm fairly sure Benrahma wasn't but if that is the case it makes his continued appearances a mystery.

I would like to see Vlasic given the extended sort of run Benrahma has been allowed. Vlasic appears to have a lot more about him in terms of awareness and now we have Scamacca as an alternative to the brain dead "Mikey" maybe we can use Antonio more as an impact sub from the bench.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:16 pm

Does make we wonder if Vlasic was actually a Moyes choice. I'm fairly sure Benrahma wasn't but if that is the case it makes his continued appearances a mystery.

I would like to see Vlasic given the extended sort of run Benrahma has been allowed. Vlasic appears to have a lot more about him in terms of awareness and now we have Scamacca as an alternative to the brain dead "Mikey" maybe we can use Antonio more as an impact sub from the bench.
Taking last season into consideration Antonio offers little other than his strength and the fear factor. So like you say, a good impact sub.

Vlasic must be getting frustrated, especially as he has to sit and watch Benny perform his trick, he needs more starts, give him chance to gel better in the team, must suck the enthusiasm out of you when the likes of Benny are first choice over you.

Do you get the feeling that Moyes wouldn't start him, regardless of him being a better option than Benny merely because he wasn't his choice?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest