Claret & Hugh Watch

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Claret & Hugh Watch

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:22 am EVERY West Ham fan knows Sullivan's record and what his like doing transfers.You only had to listen to Simon Jordan yesterday.The blokes a manipulating c**t.

We know Moyes is a bit of a ditherer, but there is litterly no excuse at all for not signing anyone,when we know in places,we have no cover, especially in the striker role.

Rice would have probably being saying Au Revoir in the Summer,but this has basically sealed it.

We all know why the tickets for the Europa League went on sale early now?

Well pissed off!
Jordan on Talksport is there to be opinionated and controversial and argue with White. His footballing record is buying a club that was in Administration and taking it back there 9 years later. He knows exactly what West Ham fans think and is happy to fuel that view. Whether he truly knows Sullivan is anyones guess.

I voiced the same views about not signing anyone. That said the overall transfer activity was very low through January for most clubs. Ourselves along with Man Utd, Norwich and Southampton had no signings. Chelsea bought 2 from the Championship and loaned them straight back, Arsenal, Burnley, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City signed one player each.

Rice leaving in the summer will depend upon who we bring in then, not who didn't bring in now.

The Europa League tickets went on sale early as the games aren't included in the automatic buy option for ST's and allows the club time to sell on if ST's don't take up their option.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:00 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:22 am EVERY West Ham fan knows Sullivan's record and what his like doing transfers.You only had to listen to Simon Jordan yesterday.The blokes a manipulating c**t.

We know Moyes is a bit of a ditherer, but there is litterly no excuse at all for not signing anyone,when we know in places,we have no cover, especially in the striker role.

Rice would have probably being saying Au Revoir in the Summer,but this has basically sealed it.

Well pissed off!
Jordan on Talksport is there to be opinionated and controversial and argue with White. His footballing record is buying a club that was in Administration and taking it back there 9 years later. He knows exactly what West Ham fans think and is happy to fuel that view. Whether he truly knows Sullivan is anyones guess.

I voiced the same views about not signing anyone. That said the overall transfer activity was very low through January for most clubs. Ourselves along with Man Utd, Norwich and Southampton had no signings. Chelsea bought 2 from the Championship and loaned them straight back, Arsenal, Burnley, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City signed one player each.

Rice leaving in the summer will depend upon who we bring in then, not who didn't bring in now.

The Europa League tickets went on sale early as the games aren't included in the automatic buy option for ST's and allows the club time to sell on if ST's don't take up their option.
Whilst I agree re Jordan, and he has admitted in the past he didn’t like dealing with the dildo boys.

Those clubs you mention have deeper squads than us, maybe not in quality as in Norwich or Burnley. But comparing us with Cheats, Liverpool and both Manc clubs not really realistic.

The Europa tickets though is a joke, the draw for the next round is 25th Feb, that is 3 weeks before the game enough time to sell to ST holders first then general sale. In fact it is the same amount of time between FA Cup games! Absolutely no need for it, unless off course you trying to swell the coffers a bit.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Well pissed off!

Let's be honest HD.we NEEDED at least a striker.Our squad is one of the smallest in the PL.I know he likes to work with a small squad,but seems to always use the same XI players.We really can't rely on that.They really have had plenty of time to sort these signings out.

Personally ,I don't think they want to.If we can survive with this squad in the PL,then the owners are happy and I think thy have been quite happy with that since they came to the club.It's was always about what they could take from this Football Club and not what they could bring to it.If they wanted success,they'd have brought in better than we had in the last few windows.They brought ONE player and loaned another.That's not good enough considering what Moyes has done imo.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:07 pm

Let's be honest HD.we NEEDED at least a striker.Our squad is one of the smallest in the PL.I know he likes to work with a small squad,but seems to always use the same XI players.We really can't rely on that.They really have had plenty of time to sort these signings out.

Personally ,I don't think they want to.If we can survive with this squad in the PL,then the owners are happy and I think thy have been quite happy with that since they came to the club.It's was always about what they could take from this Football Club and not what they could bring to it.If they wanted success,they'd have brought in better than we had in the last few windows.They brought ONE player and loaned another.That's not good enough considering what Moyes has done imo.
Given the situation, a pragmatic view might suggest a free agent for a short term convenience.
Diego Costa (32) could provide some fizz, although he's not exactly an easy person to accommodate. Could be worh a risk.

Then it's a case of using the materials already in camp. Alex kral could ease the midfield burden when the games schedule increases. And there are others outside the usual 14 regular guys, that can add fresh utility.

A person of substance would not land in a mess,which is all self made and avoidable. However all solutions, just require a bit of imagination and decent pratical thinking. And it's not as though these people have anything else to do is it. FFS

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:48 pm Whilst I agree re Jordan, and he has admitted in the past he didn’t like dealing with the dildo boys.

Those clubs you mention have deeper squads than us, maybe not in quality as in Norwich or Burnley. But comparing us with Cheats, Liverpool and both Manc clubs not really realistic.

The Europa tickets though is a joke, the draw for the next round is 25th Feb, that is 3 weeks before the game enough time to sell to ST holders first then general sale. In fact it is the same amount of time between FA Cup games! Absolutely no need for it, unless off course you trying to swell the coffers a bit.
So he's never going to be signing their praises then is he. Typical Jordan though.

I wasn't actually comparing us to the 'big 4', I was making the point there had been very little activity to previous years in the Prem.

How does it swell the coffers then and why do you think they might need to, because that money would be coming in whether it was now or in three weeks time?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:07 pm Let's be honest HD.we NEEDED at least a striker.Our squad is one of the smallest in the PL.I know he likes to work with a small squad,but seems to always use the same XI players.We really can't rely on that.They really have had plenty of time to sort these signings out.

I keep hearing we have one of the smallest squads in the Prem, yet out of our allowed 25 we have 23 registered (Reid was but has now left) plus the U21 players of which Johnson is one.

Man City have 19, Spurs have 22, Watford 23, Norwich 18, Liverpool 24, Arsenal 23, Brighton 22......

We are no worse off than anyone else in terms of numbers. In terms of quality well that's a different matter

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

hd1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:07 pm Let's be honest HD.we NEEDED at least a striker.Our squad is one of the smallest in the PL.I know he likes to work with a small squad,but seems to always use the same XI players.We really can't rely on that.They really have had plenty of time to sort these signings out.

I keep hearing we have one of the smallest squads in the Prem, yet out of our allowed 25 we have 23 registered (Reid was but has now left) plus the U21 players of which Johnson is one.

Man City have 19, Spurs have 22, Watford 23, Norwich 18, Liverpool 24, Arsenal 23, Brighton 22......

We are no worse off than anyone else in terms of numbers. In terms of quality well that's a different matter
I tend to agree with that,the calibre of our full squad leaves a lot to be desired tbh.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yes mate it’s all about squad depth rather than numbers .
What Moyes means when he says he likes to work with a small squad is that he MAKES it a small squad by choosing to pick from only 12 players , the other 12 , or 11 or whatever are not trusted . By him or the fan base .

He’ll run these 12 players into the ground so hard they’ll be trying to get injured 🤕
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:38 pm
Towie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:48 pm Whilst I agree re Jordan, and he has admitted in the past he didn’t like dealing with the dildo boys.

So he's never going to be signing their praises then is he. Typical Jordan though.

I wasn't actually comparing us to the 'big 4', I was making the point there had been very little activity to previous years in the Prem.

How does it swell the coffers then and why do you think they might need to, because that money would be coming in whether it was now or in three weeks time?

Well £2m in their hands 3 weeks earlier helps their cashflow, not the fans dipping in their pockets straight after Christmas.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Yeah,your last sentence has it right HD...Not enough quality,though Moyes couldn't find better apparently? :roll: