Claret & Hugh Watch

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Claret & Hugh Watch

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:38 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:15 am

Consider it clarified :lol:

Must admit I didn’t know about the Shamrock Cunts and thought that the FA etc feared a repetition of victim-like disrespect.

Anyway for the record , I agree with Oz in my support for the cancellations and take it further by totally disagreeing with the plans to play a fixture list this weekend .

It would be like going out on my stag night the evening before my the wife’s funeral.
We'll agree to differ on this one. I'm neither a flag waving, anthem singing monarchist nor a string em all high republican so I'm pretty ambivalent about the "respect" thing. I think respect is a personal thing and that the response of the fans at our game on Thursday was an excellent example of this. Some people sang the anthem, others clapped and cheered and presumably some just stood quietly waiting for the game to start. Maybe even a few booed or made tasteless comments. You can't stop cunts being cunts.

And from what I've read and heard it was the wishes of the new monarch not to disrupt the usual routine. A kind of life goes on attitude if you like. It's no big deal being without football for a couple of weekends but, like BD, I got the impression the authorities were wetting their knickers fearing mass booing or anti monarchist feelings if games went ahead. I think that attitude towards the thousands who attend football matches without problems every week shows contempt for those people and also in a round about way is a little disrespectful to the wishes of the new king that, in essence, life goes on.

People can show respect without being told to. For what it's worth I think you'll possibly enjoy Mr Samuels' piece in today's Mail which touches on this. Although be warned it is Liverpool specific.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... field.html
Good article full of sense.

So many reasons the football should have gone ahead , postponing all games served only to delay what will be and took away the choice of the people. Basically it served only to dilute people's immediate feelings and insult the majorities sense of propriety.

Next to the funeral procession, it would have given the chance to many across the country to express their sympathy.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:28 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:38 am

We'll agree to differ on this one. I'm neither a flag waving, anthem singing monarchist nor a string em all high republican so I'm pretty ambivalent about the "respect" thing. I think respect is a personal thing and that the response of the fans at our game on Thursday was an excellent example of this. Some people sang the anthem, others clapped and cheered and presumably some just stood quietly waiting for the game to start. Maybe even a few booed or made tasteless comments. You can't stop cunts being cunts.

And from what I've read and heard it was the wishes of the new monarch not to disrupt the usual routine. A kind of life goes on attitude if you like. It's no big deal being without football for a couple of weekends but, like BD, I got the impression the authorities were wetting their knickers fearing mass booing or anti monarchist feelings if games went ahead. I think that attitude towards the thousands who attend football matches without problems every week shows contempt for those people and also in a round about way is a little disrespectful to the wishes of the new king that, in essence, life goes on.

People can show respect without being told to. For what it's worth I think you'll possibly enjoy Mr Samuels' piece in today's Mail which touches on this. Although be warned it is Liverpool specific.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... field.html
Again it mentions the 'cover-up at Hillsborough' as if this was accepted fact, when in reality, those who were alive at the time, have a very clear understanding of what happened that afternoon.

And to quote you - You can't stop cunts being cunts.
Indeed. With regard to Hillsborough it is self evident there was a cover up-----from both sides of the divide, a fact which has never been acknowledged by fan groups. However I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that, as usual in these situations, the unfortunate souls who lost their lives did so because they were in the stadium, probably legitimately, and were crushed to death because of the pressure exerted by people trying to gain access, in many cases no doubt illegally. People of a similar age to me will doubtless remember the scumbag element that followed pretty much every club, including ours, in the 70s. Inevitably when something "kicked off" when and if arrests were made it was never the instigators whose collars were felt.

Not a totally Liverpool thing either is it ? There was a similar rush of ticketless yobbos at the Euro final between England and Italy. Fortunately no one was seriously injured or worse on that occasion. But unfortunately once a cunt------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:28 am
Again it mentions the 'cover-up at Hillsborough' as if this was accepted fact, when in reality, those who were alive at the time, have a very clear understanding of what happened that afternoon.

And to quote you - You can't stop cunts being cunts.
Indeed. With regard to Hillsborough it is self evident there was a cover up-----from both sides of the divide, a fact which has never been acknowledged by fan groups. However I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that, as usual in these situations, the unfortunate souls who lost their lives did so because they were in the stadium, probably legitimately, and were crushed to death because of the pressure exerted by people trying to gain access, in many cases no doubt illegally. People of a similar age to me will doubtless remember the scumbag element that followed pretty much every club, including ours, in the 70s. Inevitably when something "kicked off" when and if arrests were made it was never the instigators whose collars were felt.

Not a totally Liverpool thing either is it ? There was a similar rush of ticketless yobbos at the Euro final between England and Italy. Fortunately no one was seriously injured or worse on that occasion. But unfortunately once a cunt------
I'm not sure there was a cover-up from both sides of the divide as you put it. On one side there were people doing something wrong who knew they were doing it.

The actual definition of the word cunt: knowingly doing something wrong. That's it.

The reasons or motivations don't alter that.

Those that try and explain something else,get a C grade in physics and what the world really doesn't need is another person who is shit in physics...

h69

Post by h69 »

If people can't handle missing one weekend of football then they are pretty sad or lead sad lives.

Once they cancelled the Scouse and Manc games this weekend they should have cancelled all of them. I'd have had no issue with that but it needs to be the same decision across the board or that scarecrow will be bitching that Liverpools schedule will be far worse than City's later and use it as an excuse as per usual.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:28 pm If people can't handle missing one weekend of football then they are pretty sad or lead sad lives.

Once they cancelled the Scouse and Manc games this weekend they should have cancelled all of them. I'd have had no issue with that but it needs to be the same decision across the board or that scarecrow will be bitching that Liverpools schedule will be far worse than City's later and use it as an excuse as per usual.
Agree quite ironic really given his scum club are the real reason games were called off.

JayK

Post by JayK »

A few more games postponed this week and the weekend. Not fully understanding why some are and some aren’t though. Chelsea midweek goes ahead while arsenals cancelled (both home games. But then Chelsea home to Liverpool, Man Utd home to Leeds and Brighton home to palace at the weekend cancelled :?
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:47 pm A few more games postponed this week and the weekend. Not fully understanding why some are and some aren’t though. Chelsea midweek goes ahead while arsenals cancelled (both home games. But then Chelsea home to Liverpool, Man Utd home to Leeds and Brighton home to palace at the weekend cancelled :?
It's because SKY and the PL are terrified people will be watching or doing other things on Sunday while their pet teams are live bringing down viewing figures. A home match in London I can understand but why the fuck Man Utd v Leeds is postponed is beyond me if its not because they are scared of losing TV viewers

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 am

I'm not sure there was a cover-up from both sides of the divide as you put it. On one side there were people doing something wrong who knew they were doing it.

The actual definition of the word cunt: knowingly doing something wrong. That's it.

The reasons or motivations don't alter that.

Those that try and explain something else,get a C grade in physics and what the world really doesn't need is another person who is shit in physics...
I was referring not to the actions, no doubt well meaning, of the police on the day but the covering up and manipulation of evidence which was documented during the enquiry. The cover up from the other side was, and still is, the refusal to acknowledge any wrongdoing on the part of Liverpool supporters on the day..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:02 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:47 pm A few more games postponed this week and the weekend. Not fully understanding why some are and some aren’t though. Chelsea midweek goes ahead while arsenals cancelled (both home games. But then Chelsea home to Liverpool, Man Utd home to Leeds and Brighton home to palace at the weekend cancelled :?
It's because SKY and the PL are terrified people will be watching or doing other things on Sunday while their pet teams are live bringing down viewing figures. A home match in London I can understand but why the fuck Man Utd v Leeds is postponed is beyond me if its not because they are scared of losing TV viewers
Yeah,all those live streams of people queuing would certainly have an impact...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:02 pm
The official reason for non London games being called off is that police are being re deployed into the capital to assist with the anticipated crowds.

True or not ? Buggered if I know.