Claret & Hugh Watch

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Claret & Hugh Watch

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:16 pm

Does make we wonder if Vlasic was actually a Moyes choice. I'm fairly sure Benrahma wasn't but if that is the case it makes his continued appearances a mystery.

I would like to see Vlasic given the extended sort of run Benrahma has been allowed. Vlasic appears to have a lot more about him in terms of awareness and now we have Scamacca as an alternative to the brain dead "Mikey" maybe we can use Antonio more as an impact sub from the bench.
Taking last season into consideration Antonio offers little other than his strength and the fear factor. So like you say, a good impact sub.

Vlasic must be getting frustrated, especially as he has to sit and watch Benny perform his trick, he needs more starts, give him chance to gel better in the team, must suck the enthusiasm out of you when the likes of Benny are first choice over you.

Do you get the feeling that Moyes wouldn't start him, regardless of him being a better option than Benny merely because he wasn't his choice?
I would hope Vlasic was Moyes' choice because Vlasic was signed when we were having our very good sequence of results. I think Benrahma may have been an agent driven signing approved by the dwarf purely because Benrahma doesn't fit my idea of what a Moyes player profile looks like.

But of course this is pure speculation on my part and imo it's very odd Vlasic is continually overlooked in favour of Benrahma.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Personally I’d use Vlasic instead of Lanzini
What the fuck he brings to the party is anyones fucking guess ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:02 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 pm

Taking last season into consideration Antonio offers little other than his strength and the fear factor. So like you say, a good impact sub.

Vlasic must be getting frustrated, especially as he has to sit and watch Benny perform his trick, he needs more starts, give him chance to gel better in the team, must suck the enthusiasm out of you when the likes of Benny are first choice over you.

Do you get the feeling that Moyes wouldn't start him, regardless of him being a better option than Benny merely because he wasn't his choice?
I would hope Vlasic was Moyes' choice because Vlasic was signed when we were having our very good sequence of results. I think Benrahma may have been an agent driven signing approved by the dwarf purely because Benrahma doesn't fit my idea of what a Moyes player profile looks like.

But of course this is pure speculation on my part and imo it's very odd Vlasic is continually overlooked in favour of Benrahma.
It's all a bit of a rum do and damned incovenient. Lets recap so everyone can catch up

Like it or not the current situations are thus:

West Ham have a number of players who they would like shot of, but can't sell because nobody wants them at the price the club are asking.

DM would dearly like to sell Vlasic,Benrahama,Soucek but no takers and the best and only option to shift one of them, looks to be Vlasic out on loan.
Fornals is another they would dearly like to shift but you can't sell the whole team. West Ham are not Nottingham Forest.

Lanzini sits in a different category being old and having no value anyway.

That's the situation DM is in and why he finds it difficult to engage with the media with any humour or basic courtesy.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I can pretty much guarantee he doesn't want rid of either Soucek or Fornals, unless someone came in with a silly offer (as they all have a price.)

Vlasic is a weird one in that it was Moyes choice but looks like he feels he just hasn't shown enough.

Moyes likes Benny but doesn't trust him defensively hence why he is now using him as an attacking sub, which means he'd take an offer if it came along (as I suspect he is one of those complaining about lack of game time along with Vlasic).

As for his relationship with the Media, I haven't seen any of them complaining??

Lanzini was offered a new contract recently wasn't he?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:06 am I can pretty much guarantee he doesn't want rid of either Soucek or Fornals, unless someone came in with a silly offer (as they all have a price.)

Vlasic is a weird one in that it was Moyes choice but looks like he feels he just hasn't shown enough.

Moyes likes Benny but doesn't trust him defensively hence why he is now using him as an attacking sub, which means he'd take an offer if it came along (as I suspect he is one of those complaining about lack of game time along with Vlasic).

As for his relationship with the Media, I haven't seen any of them complaining??

Lanzini was offered a new contract recently wasn't he?
Your probably right. It's difficult to accurately decode some of the mixed messages flowing out; one example being the Diop situation.

Also it's worth recognising, had some of the players been used in their more natural positions, then performances and productivity may have resulted with
better outcomes.

However the basic premise of silk purses and pigs ears is still recognisable.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Showing a complete lack of class as usual

https://www.claretandhugh.info/a-lost-w ... r-nothing/
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 am Showing a complete lack of class as usual

Tbh, unusually, I'm in full agreement with what the bloke is saying albeit not necessarily the way he puts it, if that makes sense. To me it seems perverse that certain sports were played at the weekend but the country's national game wasn't allowed to be. It was apparently certainly not at the request of the new monarch , nor the government. It was a decision taken by the football authorities.

For what it's worth I thought the match on Thursday night was a very well run affair with all fans, including it seemed half the population of Bucharest, behaving impeccably or,putting it another way, showing an appropriate level of respect.

So I think it is perfectly valid to question the need to blanket cancel an entire weekend's football, not just at professional level. In what way would playing or watching sport show disrespect any more than, for example, people doing their usual grocery shop on Saturday morning, or doing their normal job as many thousands did last Saturday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 am Showing a complete lack of class as usual

I know, let's have a whip round for them to get over the trauma of it all.
One poxy weekend, that was all it was.
Get a life ffs!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:20 am

Tbh, unusually, I'm in full agreement with what the bloke is saying albeit not necessarily the way he puts it, if that makes sense. To me it seems perverse that certain sports were played at the weekend but the country's national game wasn't allowed to be. It was apparently certainly not at the request of the new monarch , nor the government. It was a decision taken by the football authorities.

For what it's worth I thought the match on Thursday night was a very well run affair with all fans, including it seemed half the population of Bucharest, behaving impeccably or,putting it another way, showing an appropriate level of respect.

So I think it is perfectly valid to question the need to blanket cancel an entire weekend's football, not just at professional level. In what way would playing or watching sport show disrespect any more than, for example, people doing their usual grocery shop on Saturday morning, or doing their normal job as many thousands did last Saturday.
Liverpool fans booed the national anthem recently at Wembley.

This weekend they were scheduled to play at home.

The authorities fearing further protests, postponed all the fixtures.

The media keep quiet because they don't want people burning their shit...

Contemptible ? Absolute - all of them

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:20 am

Liverpool fans booed the national anthem recently at Wembley.

This weekend they were scheduled to play at home.

The authorities fearing further protests, postponed all the fixtures.

The media keep quiet because they don't want people burning their shit...

Contemptible ? Absolute - all of them
They booed at both cup finals last season too. Vile scum
COYI!!!