Race for 4th in Prem

Chat about anything football related here!

Who Do You Fear the most and why?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm

Arsenal
81%
Tottenham
6%
Man United
6%
Wolves
6%
Brighton
No votes
Leicester
No votes
Crystal Palace
No votes
Southampton
No votes
Aston Villa
No votes
Brentford
No votes

Total votes: 16

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: Race for 4th in Prem

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Whilst fear is a word I don’t agree with, I’m more concerned with Arsenal. The Spanish guy has got them falling all over the place, arguing en mass at referees and now they can pick and choose when they want to play certain teams I think they are most likely to pick up the fourth place. Hopefully they will be forced to play 3 games a week to catch up and implode...
As much as I would love for us to finish in the top four I don’t think we are ready for it. A consistent top six and continuing to build on the previous seasons is what we need imho. I’m just enjoying the ride at the moment and am interested to see where we go for the next few seasons
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If we can recapture our early season form we should be able to at least finish top 6. But based on our performances since Chelsea I’m thinking the best we can hope for is 7th and a place in the Euro Conference
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Without good backing, we'll never get to being a top four side.
Top six yes, but top four, no way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Today’s result is very damaging, unless he sorts the CB and striker issue we won’t finish in the top 7 places either.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:21 pm Today’s result is very damaging, unless he sorts the CB and striker issue we won’t finish in the top 7 places either.
I agree , we’ve blown it .

Shame really as with postponements and results it was a really good opportunity this weekend.

Historically though we always do .

It’s usually down to under investment but this ones on Dithering Dave .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:59 pm Without good backing, we'll never get to being a top four side.
Top six yes, but top four, no way.
As we stand right now I reckon we will; finish 7th. No idea who might come and go between now and the end of Jan but imo our squad at present is probably the 7th best in the PL. It's not as good as the obvious suspects but as good as, or better tnan, the rest.

So I'm expecting a Europa Conference place at the very least and, if lucky, a Europa League place. The conference ? Personally I'd prefer to see us in it than miss Europe completely. A good chance to blood some of the promising kids and give a run out to underused squad players. And a winnable trophy which qualifies teams for the following year's Europa League.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

I think at best we are a top 7 side, unless we invest millions in quality players. Sadly I think we might embarrass ourselves in CL at this moment in time or in the near future. The good news is we do not look a relegation team. :D

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

we are technically only 3 points from safety in January.......people are forgetting this :D

Like most think our lofty ambitions will be thwarted through under investment and quality of defence. 6th would be a great result , but with the teams below having so many games in hand i think this will be tough. 7th and whatever euro adventure awaits ( you know the one we took the piss out of spuds getting in :D )

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 am we are technically only 3 points from safety in January.......people are forgetting this :D

Like most think our lofty ambitions will be thwarted through under investment and quality of defence. 6th would be a great result , but with the teams below having so many games in hand i think this will be tough. 7th and whatever euro adventure awaits ( you know the one we took the piss out of spuds getting in :D )
Some took the piss but there are those amongst us who think it is a competition, if used correctly, that could benefit the development of our younger element. Totally agree with you that 6th place would be a great achievement, but with our current form, since Chelsea, looking decidedly iffy I think it could, unfortunately, prove beyond us.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Don't get all the will we or won't we finish 4th malarky. Ok, the table says we're currently 4th but realistically, if you take in to account the number of games in hand teams behind us have then we're sitting about net 7th or 8th - which without any January reinforcements is probably the best we can hope for.

My bet is injuries will cripple us 2 mins after the window slams shut and we'll end up finishing this season 11th after our European adventure ends after the 1st knockout round and the FA cup goes west the round after Kidderminster.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?