Man Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by hd1 »

The major difference on the day was that they could bring on Cavani, Rashford and Martial, and we brought on Fredericks. Those 3 alone are £75m+ and we will never compete with that in terms of squad.

For all those moaning about G&S not buying anyone, the reality is that Moyes is the one holding back not wanting to waste money. It's his call and having been burnt a few times I think he is being ultra cautious when we actually need him to be a little bit reckless.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm The major difference on the day was that they could bring on Cavani, Rashford and Martial, and we brought on Fredericks. Those 3 alone are £75m+ and we will never compete with that in terms of squad.

For all those moaning about G&S not buying anyone, the reality is that Moyes is the one holding back not wanting to waste money. It's his call and having been burnt a few times I think he is being ultra cautious when we actually need him to be a little bit reckless.
Which i think most of us have been saying
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Should have got a draw yesterday.
Didn’t.

Failing to beat fucking Brentford
Palace
Southampton
Brighton
And Leeds at home is more of the reason we are
In trouble in fifth spot at the moment
:lol:

Post by 9898 »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm The major difference on the day was that they could bring on Cavani, Rashford and Martial, and we brought on Fredericks. Those 3 alone are £75m+ and we will never compete with that in terms of squad.

Such an easy way put to talk about substitutes transfer value, but a load of rubbish.
Cavani I 36 and way past his best, Rushford has been poor for a long time and Martial has hardly played in the last 12 months becaus eyes been appalling. Look at the facts without creating a narrative.
The difference was game management. Moyes lacks the balls to take a game by the scruff of the neck.
Man Utd were very, very poor yesterday. Moyes bottled doing what needed to be done.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

But we could have started with a difference selection/formation , say Johnson instead of Coufal , Zouma playing on the right of Diop ( instead of Dawson playing ) , and Vlasic instead of Lanzini in a midfield three .
In hindsight the tactics just were not doing it , Lanzini was ineffective , along with our fullbacks , no one looked to be able to get forward apart from those bursts from Rice or am I remembering it differently to the rest of you ( Could be a combination of my age , health and the tablets :? ) .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm

But we could have started with a difference selection/formation , say Johnson instead of Coufal , Zouma playing on the right of Diop ( instead of Dawson playing ) , and Vlasic instead of Lanzini in a midfield three .
In hindsight the tactics just were not doing it , Lanzini was ineffective , along with our fullbacks , no one looked to be able to get forward apart from those bursts from Rice or am I remembering it differently to the rest of you ( Could be a combination of my age , health and the tablets :? ) .
See my opinion of Johnson differs,gives the ball away far too often imo

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:50 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Imo neither side deserved 3 points. We were poor. But tbh I’ve become accustomed to that in recent weeks

Totally self-inflicted I can’t for the life of me think what Fredericks was trying to do with that header.
Just pleased they didn't have a striker with their shooting boots on , ( even though Areola pulled off some very nice saves ) , because it could have been embarrassing , as they had 18 shots to our 6 .
But only 2 or 3 of those efforts were on target. I can only recall Areola making one save of note which I think was a shot from Fred. That’s Man Unired’s one, not the one whose schoolboy error cost us a point.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

How do you know that's the case. Maybe Moyes knows who he wants to bring in, but the tight little cunt won't back him or pay the money.
Maybe the selling club doesn't want to be paid in Greensheild stamps over 3 years, but actually want some readies.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm But we could have started with a difference selection/formation , say Johnson instead of Coufal , Zouma playing on the right of Diop ( instead of Dawson playing ) , and Vlasic instead of Lanzini in a midfield three .
We could have of course. although I don't think Dawson did much wrong all game, and like others I think Johnson does give the ball away more than Coufal. I agree regarding Lanzini though, but the only other options were Vlasic and Kral, and given Manu's penchant for scoring screamers to win games I think he was kept on for that reason alone.

And for those who don't think the quality of their bench made a difference, it doesn't matter how old they are or how out of sorts they've been, form is temporary but class is permanent. Stupid is also permanent for which there is no cure

hd1

Post by hd1 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Which i think most of us have been saying
Not all though.....