Remaining games

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Remaining games

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 pm

I used to do this in battle against relegations in my "West Ham League and Records" spreadsheet that I spend umpteen years with points achieved per games (up to 38 games), fixture and results, aggregated scored per team (home and away for example West Ham lost 3-1 to Man Utd in both fixtures and lost 3-2 total to Southampton in home and away total results, head to head against teams as they are too many red negative numbers that we lost more games than won in 70% of the teams including f&cking Brighton!, Records for all West Ham biggest wins, losses, draws, most wins to loss, goals, etc, complete league home and away records siince 1919 to now, West Ham non-league records from 1896 to 1915 (1895-96 was based friendly matches but not the non-leagues during Thames Ironworks times), Us against top 5 games exluding Spurs, Years in top light and Premier Leagues, Our London Stadium home record against opponents, Top 10 players most appearances (including Declan Rice appearences).

I always predicting the left over games to survive but this season and last season was the first I predicted remaining games for the top 4 or 6.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When I was a kid,I use to like playing a Football results on the dice,doing Half Times & Full Times...I would do a whole season playing 42 games.

1=0, 2=1,.3=1,4=2,5=2 and another go and 6 was 0.

I would spend 4 or 5 hours at a time playing, filling up books. :lol:
Were you on a roll...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Looking at the figures,our owners are actually worth more than Tottenham's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... ball_clubs

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:05 pm

When I was a kid,I use to like playing a Football results on the dice,doing Half Times & Full Times...I would do a whole season playing 42 games.

Were you on a roll...
You could say that again BD. ;)

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:07 pm Looking at the figures,our owners are actually worth more than Tottenham's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... ball_clubs
Also our owners are higher than Man Utd but not pleased about Newcastle which I want to ignore this team forever. Southampton got a new owner but they did not quote how much figures they have but my understanding that the new owner of Southampton is only worth a £1B which is far less than the previous owner.

Abramovich of Chelsea was the first billionnaire to buy an English club and since then loads of clubs followed en-suite and football is changed. I preferred the old early days up to 1990s as any teams can win the title, with only Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal in their regular top 6 but 3 of other teams can break that like Leeds, Tottenham and even Norwich, Crystal Palace and West Ham (1985-86).

Question is "Which will the first club to have a TRILLIONNAIRE" owner?" That only will happen when our grandchildren reach our age.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I used to do this in battle against relegations in my "West Ham League and Records" spreadsheet that I spend umpteen years with points achieved per games (up to 38 games), fixture and results, aggregated scored per team (home and away for example West Ham lost 3-1 to Man Utd in both fixtures and lost 3-2 total to Southampton in home and away total results, head to head against teams as they are too many red negative numbers that we lost more games than won in 70% of the teams including f&cking Brighton!, Records for all West Ham biggest wins, losses, draws, most wins to loss, goals, etc, complete league home and away records siince 1919 to now, West Ham non-league records from 1896 to 1915 (1895-96 was based friendly matches but not the non-leagues during Thames Ironworks times), Us against top 5 games exluding Spurs, Years in top light and Premier Leagues, Our London Stadium home record against opponents, Top 10 players most appearances (including Declan Rice appearences).

I always predicting the left over games to survive but this season and last season was the first I predicted remaining games for the top 4 or 6.

Did you go train spotting as well. ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 pm

You would be surprised what I got up to Whiskyman..I enjoyed my childhood/early adulthood..Had some of the best laughs ever and stuff I could never repeat on here.I think probably a few others did too and would have been locked up for it too. :lol: Different for kids nowadays I'm afraid.They didn't have the adventures us oldies had.

I am a bit of old bore now tbh..I come on here chatting to you,don't I. ;)

Towie

Post by Towie »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 pm

You would be surprised what I got up to Whiskyman..I enjoyed my childhood/early adulthood..Had some of the best laughs ever and stuff I could never repeat on here.I think probably a few others did too and would have been locked up for it too. :lol: Different for kids nowadays I'm afraid.They didn't have the adventures us oldies had.

Some dicey games I heard you got up to. 😉
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 pm

I hope the stuff you got up to wasn't worse than nicking the odd apple from the greengrocers at Edmonton Green. Far too many dodgy goings on in N9 back in the day. I understand the Town Crier pub in Montagu Road was the go to place, even back in the 70s if one wanted a bit of an extra "buzz" for your night out. And was the knocking shop in Bounces Road doing a decent trade in your time living there. ? ;)

Allegedly of course.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

That what I have been doing over the years, but not football club name, it is ALL my relatives & families and close friends names and the top 4 divisions are Premier 1, Premier 2, Premier 3 & Premier 4, then the Non League from Div 1, Div 2 N & S, Div 3 N & S and the bottom 4 of each Div 3 N & S go to Crocodile league N & S and I used the normal football fixture based on where my footie league previous season final standing like Ibbyham finished 11th and Aston Villa finished 11th last season and I have to use Villa's fixtures for whom I play with and that goes all my footie teams.

Ii have 2 dice, the blue one for the home game and the white one for the away game. How to do the score: If any dice fall as a 1 or 2 means NO GOAL, 3 & 4 means 1 goals, 5 & 6 means 2 goals and a free throw if the dice come up 6 so can add more goals to the 2 already.

That is more interesting and any teams win the Premier League title, no top 6 side, no billoinnaire doing their greediness.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:46 am

That what I have been doing over the years, but not football club name, it is ALL my relatives & families and close friends names and the top 4 divisions are Premier 1, Premier 2, Premier 3 & Premier 4, then the Non League from Div 1, Div 2 N & S, Div 3 N & S and the bottom 4 of each Div 3 N & S go to Crocodile league N & S and I used the normal football fixture based on where my footie league previous season final standing like Ibbyham finished 11th and Aston Villa finished 11th last season and I have to use Villa's fixtures for whom I play with and that goes all my footie teams.

Ii have 2 dice, the blue one for the home game and the white one for the away game. How to do the score: If any dice fall as a 1 or 2 means NO GOAL, 3 & 4 means 1 goals, 5 & 6 means 2 goals and a free throw if the dice come up 6 so can add more goals to the 2 already.

That is more interesting and any teams win the Premier League title, no top 6 side, no billoinnaire doing their greediness.
You certainly live an exciting life up there in Letchworth Ibby. ;)