Remaining games

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Remaining games

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm As we are in our winter break and that will give our players to rest and recharge batteries. We played 23 games so far more than our top 7 or 8 rivals. Wolves who are 8th and only 3 points behind us are in fine form and that is not good fur us as we could finished as low as 8th and nothing to play for next season.

Remaining games:

Home games left over - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Burnley, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves.

Away games left over - Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Norwich and Tottenham.

We got 37 points from 23 games, to finish top 6, we need at least 65 points so that 28 points to get from our remaining 15 games which is almost 2 points per games which is a big ask but can we achieved that?

Winnable chance:

Home - Burnley, Everton, Newcastle, Watford
Away - Brentford, Norwich

That 6 teams = 18 points added to the 37 points that makes 55 points.

Draw likely outcome

Home - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man City (if they already sealed the title beforehand), Wolves
Away : Brighton (last game and nothing for them to play for), Leicester

That another 6 points from those 6 teams possible added to the 55 points that make 61 points which may give us 7th place.

Losable games:

Home: None
Away : Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham

Hope West Ham can do better than what I predicted
I remember doing this sort of stuff has a 12 year old Ibbs :lol:

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm As we are in our winter break and that will give our players to rest and recharge batteries. We played 23 games so far more than our top 7 or 8 rivals. Wolves who are 8th and only 3 points behind us are in fine form and that is not good fur us as we could finished as low as 8th and nothing to play for next season.

Remaining games:

Home games left over - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Burnley, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves.

Away games left over - Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Norwich and Tottenham.

We got 37 points from 23 games, to finish top 6, we need at least 65 points so that 28 points to get from our remaining 15 games which is almost 2 points per games which is a big ask but can we achieved that?

Winnable chance:

Home - Burnley, Everton, Newcastle, Watford
Away - Brentford, Norwich

That 6 teams = 18 points added to the 37 points that makes 55 points.

Draw likely outcome

Home - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man City (if they already sealed the title beforehand), Wolves
Away : Brighton (last game and nothing for them to play for), Leicester

That another 6 points from those 6 teams possible added to the 55 points that make 61 points which may give us 7th place.

Losable games:

Home: None
Away : Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham

Hope West Ham can do better than what I predicted
So Teggy.
Educate me. Whee are we going g to finish this season?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

So the oracle is asking Terry....
:lol: :lol:
Obviously doesn't want to make a cunt of him anymore than he has already

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 pm As it stands now, we will need lucky to finish 7th.

The end of season drop off has started earlier than last season and our lack of squad depth will find us wanting.

It's just a shame, as we should of built on what was achieved last season and haven't done so. Knew it would happen, so not really that surprised.
Based on our squad strength 7th is where we should finish imo. Anything higher would be over achievement, lower would represent failure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm

So Teggy.
Educate me. Whee are we going g to finish this season?
I said this from the start,we have been over achieving.

Tbh mate,I think we have done remarkably well in the last 18 months,considering we have been using roughly the same players.

Where will we finish?

It really all depends if we add a few players and how well we do in the 2 cup competitions?Mind you if we get knocked out early,it could all spiral down hill?

If someone was to give me £50 and give me a position,I'd say 8th.

I still say Moyes has down very well,he just needs to spend a bit of cash.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:45 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 pm As it stands now, we will need lucky to finish 7th.

The end of season drop off has started earlier than last season and our lack of squad depth will find us wanting.

It's just a shame, as we should of built on what was achieved last season and haven't done so. Knew it would happen, so not really that surprised.
Based on our squad strength 7th is where we should finish imo. Anything higher would be over achievement, lower would represent failure.
If we do well in the Cup competitions and we finish 10th,I would say it's been a good season.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

To go into a new season knowing that there was additional strain with European games and not strengthen the squad properly to suit was negligent. 7th for me will be fortunate.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Towie

Post by Towie »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:13 pm

To go into a new season knowing that there was additional strain with European games and not strengthen the squad properly to suit was negligent. 7th for me will be fortunate.
Indeed, and that squad only has one striker who used to be our right back. 😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I’m basing my comment purely on how I rate our squad in terms of relative strength. The fact we didn’t add to the squad means it wasn’t improved. Maybe if we did add toit we would have had the fifth or sixth best squad, if you get my drift.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:39 am

I’m basing my comment purely on how I rate our squad in terms of relative strength. The fact we didn’t add to the squad means it wasn’t improved. Maybe if we did add toit we would have had the fifth or sixth best squad, if you get my drift.
I catch your drift
Omicron is an anagram of moronic