Remaining games

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Remaining games

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 pm
garnett wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 pm
Yep, that's what I reckon, they certainly aren't pushing the boat out to convince our best player to stay.
Moyes must understand that as well , he could have brought in a striker instead of Vlasic , you can't tell me there wasn't one available .
West Ham were linked with Barbosa for a couple of months and nothing happened as we want him on loan now with a view to buy in summer and thus wasting too much time. They just need to get on with it and buy him and hope to bring success to us, NOT OTHER TEAMS that buy him under our nose like it happened so many times in the past that we lost several top players that we were heavily linked and went on to succeed in other teams. This is getting really annoyed me of 3 weeks and nothing happened, same old craps from C & H which I closed that website now as it is too much negative and irritate me that we can't buy any one!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 pm

Moyes must understand that as well , he could have brought in a striker instead of Vlasic , you can't tell me there wasn't one available .
West Ham were linked with Barbosa for a couple of months and nothing happened as we want him on loan now with a view to buy in summer and thus wasting too much time. They just need to get on with it and buy him and hope to bring success to us, NOT OTHER TEAMS that buy him under our nose like it happened so many times in the past that we lost several top players that we were heavily linked and went on to succeed in other teams. This is getting really annoyed me of 3 weeks and nothing happened, same old craps from C & H which I closed that website now as it is too much negative and irritate me that we can't buy any one!
Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole Ibby....if you thought Anderson was lazy and Haller had a bad attitude...mix them two together and you will have Barbosa

JayK

Post by JayK »

They’re all just media stories anyway. Never believe who we’re linked with. If Newcastle done that this window they’d be disappointed to not have mbappe, Messi and haaland starting their next game
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:05 am Obviously the likes of Man City - Liverpool - Chelsea - Man Utd - Arsenal - Tottenham and Everton are far better equipped financially then us so expect them to be above us , they can go out and spend big , in Everton's case that doesn't always work 8-) . Newcastle don't count yet 👏 .
Then we have the likes of us , Leicester City - Aston Villa - Leeds , Wolves so in reality we should be somewhere in the region of 8th - 12th .
Well we are definitely over achieving ( well the starting eleven are ) , our squad , well the bench has a couple of players that can do a job and influence the match . Our fitness , energy and teamwork and a couple of outstanding players have made us a team to be reckoned with , but we just don't have enough on the bench for Moyes .
Everton :shock:

Everton are not better equipped financially than us, their financials are online if you want to check, although of course the others are. Although I can never understand why Spurs have built up such a massive financial advantage over other clubs, including us, with similar, until recently, crowd figures.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole Ibby....if you thought Anderson was lazy and Haller had a bad attitude...mix them two together and you will have Barbosa
A limp wristed traffic cone ?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:54 pm

A limp wristed traffic cone ?
Nailed it... :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:33 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:05 am Obviously the likes of Man City - Liverpool - Chelsea - Man Utd - Arsenal - Tottenham and Everton are far better equipped financially then us so expect them to be above us , they can go out and spend big , in Everton's case that doesn't always work 8-) . Newcastle don't count yet 👏 .
Then we have the likes of us , Leicester City - Aston Villa - Leeds , Wolves so in reality we should be somewhere in the region of 8th - 12th .
Well we are definitely over achieving ( well the starting eleven are ) , our squad , well the bench has a couple of players that can do a job and influence the match . Our fitness , energy and teamwork and a couple of outstanding players have made us a team to be reckoned with , but we just don't have enough on the bench for Moyes .

Everton are not better equipped financially than us, their financials are online if you want to check, although of course the others are. Although I can never understand why Spurs have built up such a massive financial advantage over other clubs, including us, with similar, until recently, crowd figures.
Joe Lewis ,Levy is his puppet.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:33 pm

Joe Lewis ,Levy is his puppet.
But Spurs have always had greater muscle financially a long time before Joe Lewis and Enic turned up on the scene. Remember they were in all sorts of financial trouble in the early 90s and were basically bailed out by Alan Sugar.

And Lewis is a long long way behind Abramovich in respect of his investment into the club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

It is so hard to get a good striker nowaday
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm

I remember doing this sort of stuff has a 12 year old Ibbs :lol:
I used to do this in battle against relegations in my "West Ham League and Records" spreadsheet that I spend umpteen years with points achieved per games (up to 38 games), fixture and results, aggregated scored per team (home and away for example West Ham lost 3-1 to Man Utd in both fixtures and lost 3-2 total to Southampton in home and away total results, head to head against teams as they are too many red negative numbers that we lost more games than won in 70% of the teams including f&cking Brighton!, Records for all West Ham biggest wins, losses, draws, most wins to loss, goals, etc, complete league home and away records siince 1919 to now, West Ham non-league records from 1896 to 1915 (1895-96 was based friendly matches but not the non-leagues during Thames Ironworks times), Us against top 5 games exluding Spurs, Years in top light and Premier Leagues, Our London Stadium home record against opponents, Top 10 players most appearances (including Declan Rice appearences).

I always predicting the left over games to survive but this season and last season was the first I predicted remaining games for the top 4 or 6.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When I was a kid,I use to like playing a Football results on the dice,doing Half Times & Full Times...I would do a whole season playing 42 games.

1=0, 2=1,.3=1,4=2,5=2 and another go and 6 was 0.

I would spend 4 or 5 hours at a time playing, filling up books. :lol: