Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!

Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Post by 9898 »

Many fans were never convinced. I know Newmarket wasn't.
Lucky he had a non real season last and even in this semi non real season he is being exposed
Bad managers don't become good overnight. Look at his record at his previous 3 clubs
He's a dinosaur who manages scared and is petrified to change things during a match through fear of it going wrong.
Get rid now otherwise next season, if a totally normal season, it will be horrific.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Re: Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Post by eskimo joe »

1 out of 10..
Must try harder..
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 am 1 out of 10..
Must try harder..
Wouldn’t even give the 1 with this feeble effort.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I have never been a Moyes fan , really didn't want him at the club , but there is no denying that he has done a tremendous job in getting a 1st team to believe in themselves . He has made giant leaps in getting them fit and full of energy and determination .
But and a big but , I hate his indecision ( well that's what it appears to me ) when it comes to substitutions and when and who to bring on to make the difference ( because isn't that what subs are meant to do ) .
What looks like to me his negative tactics in not wanting to lose at the cost of winning games ( that's just my opinion ) .
And his bloody mindedness in the transfer market , we have needed a Striker and Left Back for at least two seasons ( where are they ) .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am I have never been a Moyes fan , really didn't want him at the club , but there is no denying that he has done a tremendous job in getting a 1st team to believe in themselves . He has made giant leaps in getting them fit and full of energy and determination .
But and a big but , I hate his indecision ( well that's what it appears to me ) when it comes to substitutions and when and who to bring on to make the difference ( because isn't that what subs are meant to do ) .
What looks like to me his negative tactics in not wanting to lose at the cost of winning games ( that's just my opinion ) .
And his bloody mindedness in the transfer market , we have needed a Striker and Left Back for at least two seasons ( where are they ) .
That is a fair and honest assessment Clayton and I think most would agree with that.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

5E871ED5-AC77-40A8-8671-E6AE370C0441.gif
5E871ED5-AC77-40A8-8671-E6AE370C0441.gif (48.64 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Trouble is with our squad and substitutions is we haven’t got Premier league quality reinforcements to turn a game
Most if not all are bog standard replacements.

Post by 9898 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am I have never been a Moyes fan , really didn't want him at the club , but there is no denying that he has done a tremendous job in getting a 1st team to believe in themselves . He has made giant leaps in getting them fit and full of energy and determination .
Agree with most of that Clayton.
Personally, I dont think its indecision, I think its fear.
He had horrendous spells at Man Utd, Everton and Sociedad and was practically blacklisted by PL clubs. He was seen as old fashioned. We was probably the only club prepared to employ him because, in fairness we are behind the times - no scouting system of note, worst training facilities etc . He is so, so scared of mucking up and becoming unemployable that he freezes with fear. He feels that he will be judged by every decision so makes none.
Last edited by 9898 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 9898 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am Trouble is with our squad and substitutions is we haven’t got Premier league quality reinforcements to turn a game
Most if not all are bog standard replacements.
Like Vlasicm £30 million signing by Moyes.
Like Keal?
Like the striker Moyes has failed to sign in 2 years.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 am
Agree with most of that Clayton.
Personally, I dont think its indecision, I think its fear.
He had horrendous spells at Man Utd, Everton and Sociedad and was practically blacklisted by PL clubs. He was seen as old fashioned. We was probably the only club prepared to employ him because, in fairness we are behind the times - no scouting system of note, worst training facilities etc . He is so, so scared of mucking up and becoming unemployable that he freezes with fear. He feels that he will be judged by every decision so makes none.
Isn't what causes indecision - fear ?
Hasn't he also improved the scouting system ( I don't know it's only what I hear ) .