VAR again

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: VAR again

Post by Towie »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:10 am What amazes me is people who've suddenly had a light bulb moment and believe something's a bit fishy.
Ffs it's been going on for years. The only time they couldn't bend/break/snap the rules was with Leicester, but by Christ they tried. They can't have unfashionable teams ruining the status quo, it wouldn't go down well in downtown Beijing, where young kimmyfung is patiently waiting to buy his new Liverpool/Man Utd shirt. Jesus, wake up ffs.
They couldn’t get Leicester, but they definitely screwed us over that season.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 pm There is a real interesting thread on KUMB about corruption in Football.

We are all entitled to our opinion..Some think it`s not,normally fans of the Top Clubs,but the majority think it's corrupt?
You don't think it's corrupt,that's fine,I except that,but a lot of fans do think it is.It's my opinion,that's all and a lot agree with me.

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 00091fb4d4
FFS. Just read some of the stuff on that thread and surely even you must have had a chuckle. The original post even suggests that whilst the league is "corrupt" because decisions always go in favour of the "big" clubs, the opposite is the case in the F A Cup :lol: :lol: :lol: You really couldn't make it up.

One bloke sums it up well. His basic point is that there have always been dodgy decisions which tend to go in favour of the clubs playing in front of their own big crowds. I bet we've had more favourable "dodgy" decisions in home matches than away ones because of the crowd's reaction to an incident. But the poster's main point is that referees have always made dodgy decisions but because of the scrutiny of t v cameras nowadays pretty much every decision is analysed and scrutinized. And I would add that we often have two ex pros arguing about the rights and wrongs of decisions. If they can't agree it does make you realise what a difficult job being a referee is. And let's face it if there's 60,000 odd in the crowd screaming for a decision I guess it's easy to be influenced which way to make a 50/50 call.

But back to the KUMB whingefest I would be inclined to ask that if people think the whole sport is corrupt from top to bottom what the fuck are they doing paying out their hard earned cash to watch it? Doesn't make sense, does it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 pm I have ALWAYS said the Officials favour the SKY 6 Clubs,but there are a few on here,that won't have it?

Let's be honest,how many shocking decisions do you see go against the likes of Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal when they are not playing one another?Rare has shit from a rocking horse.
No Terry, you’re twisting words again. The so called “big” clubs do get more favourable decisions because they tend to dominate matches, have more possession, create more chances and opportunities and therefore are probably involved in more VAR calls.

What some of us “won’t have” as you put it is the ridiculous idea that it’s a sinister plot by the authorities to favour certain clubs and, as you seem to believe, hold back West Ham.

You are possibly right, and maybe before VAR decisions did favour Sky 6 due to dominating games. But VAR was meant to stop those iffy decisions, but seems even VAR favours Sky 6.

Best example is the weekend Both manc clubs, Liverpool & Cheats all got questionable penalty decisions go their way. We play Burnley and for me a nailed on penalty not given. It might not be favouritism but it certainly seems Officials are not making it an even playing field.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 pm

No Terry, you’re twisting words again. The so called “big” clubs do get more favourable decisions because they tend to dominate matches, have more possession, create more chances and opportunities and therefore are probably involved in more VAR calls.

What some of us “won’t have” as you put it is the ridiculous idea that it’s a sinister plot by the authorities to favour certain clubs and, as you seem to believe, hold back West Ham.

You are possibly right, and maybe before VAR decisions did favour Sky 6 due to dominating games. But VAR was meant to stop those iffy decisions, but seems even VAR favours Sky 6.

Best example is the weekend Both manc clubs, Liverpool & Cheats all got questionable penalty decisions go their way. We play Burnley and for me a nailed on penalty not given. It might not be favouritism but it certainly seems Officials are not making it an even playing field.
The Liverpool penalty was a ridiculous decision and for the life of me I can't understand why the onfield ref who didn't give it in the first place didn't stick to his decision and effectively tell the VAR bloke to do one. But at least it was so late in the game I doubt it affected the result although it did mean the last few minutes weren't as interesting as they might have been.

Just out of curiosity what penalty decisions for the Manc clubs and Chelsea are you referring to. I watched the Chelsea v Spurs game and can't recall anything out of order.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

VVAR is a joke, always said the tech isn't bad it's the people behind it that are. How they interpret it is still open to error.

It was supposed to be a fair and quick way to check a situation, now upgraded to an obvious error, though how they interpret that baffles me. It has turned into anything but. Take Liverpool's penalty, took eons for him to even check if it was a penalty, and he only did under pressure from the Liverpool players ( what happened to the rule regarding surrounding the ref). He then decided to amend his correct decision to replace it with an incorrect one. So human error again, which to a point makes VAR pointless.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:51 am
Towie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:42 am

The Liverpool penalty was a ridiculous decision and for the life of me I can't understand why the onfield ref who didn't give it in the first place didn't stick to his decision and effectively tell the VAR bloke to do one. But at least it was so late in the game I doubt it affected the result although it did mean the last few minutes weren't as interesting as they might have been.

Just out of curiosity what penalty decisions for the Manc clubs and Chelsea are you referring to. I watched the Chelsea v Spurs game and can't recall anything out of order.
It was the weekend we drew 0-0 with Burnley.

Red Mancs weak pen vs Norwich, slightest touch on Ronaldo.
Cheats dodgy pen vs Leeds, Rudiger.
Scouse gits salah dive vs Villa
Citeh pen vs Wolves slightest touch again

All happened same weekend, all needed the Pens to win the game. If that doesn’t scream dodgy I don’t know what does?

Liverpool were on the ropes btw vs Palarse before that ridiculous decision was made.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:51 am

All happened same weekend, all needed the Pens to win the game. If that doesn’t scream dodgy I don’t know what does?

Liverpool were on the ropes btw vs Palarse before that ridiculous decision was made.
Sorry mate I thought you were referring to last weekend. But if it screams dodgy as you say, and I can't remember the games in question, why weren't Man United awarded a penalty on Saturday when Ronaldo went down under Zouma's challenge ? ;)

Imo that was more of a penalty than the stupid one Liverpool were awarded. Not saying it WAS a penalty but more worthy of a VAR check than the one on Sunday.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 am
Towie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 am

Sorry mate I thought you were referring to last weekend. But if it screams dodgy as you say, and I can't remember the games in question, why weren't Man United awarded a penalty on Saturday when Ronaldo went down under Zouma's challenge ? ;)

Imo that was more of a penalty than the stupid one Liverpool were awarded. Not saying it WAS a penalty but more worthy of a VAR check than the one on Sunday.
Maybe, but a very tight offside call also required more than 10s to check.😉 when you see some exactly like that takes a couple of mins.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 am

Maybe, but a very tight offside call also required more than 10s to check.😉 when you see some exactly like that takes a couple of mins.

What does not help the conspiracy theories are the dodgy clips put on face book the goal against us looked defiantly offside then watch MOTD and looks more like on than off but could have an argument about it

look at spuds yesterday the chins goal was a good one and would have changed the game IMO

liver Palarce was the same 2-1 and liverpool were getting twitchy arses then the pen changed everything as goals do in all games

saturdays goal made me feel the same way as when gerrard stuck it in last mins of the F.A Cup it fucking hurt

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 pm There is a real interesting thread on KUMB about corruption in Football.

We are all entitled to our opinion..Some think it`s not,normally fans of the Top Clubs,but the majority think it's corrupt?
You don't think it's corrupt,that's fine,I except that,but a lot of fans do think it is.It's my opinion,that's all and a lot agree with me.

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 00091fb4d4
Well if people think it's corrupt then I think the rest of us are entitled to question their sanity in continuing to pay good money to watch the bloody thing. After all, if the results are known beforehand what's the point ?

Mantra of losers I'm afraid. Not our fault guv, we wuz robbed. :lol:
Tbf Whiskyman,you do have a good point there.We wouldn't watch it,if it totally corrupt,obviously not.

But there is pockets of corruption in the game and it's all down to money.

Qatari was given the World Cup.How comes Australia didn't get it?Why do we have to interupt our entire Football programme for it?.That's a joke!Tbh,I'm still fuming about it,all these years later.

I remember a quote from somebody at the FA back in 2016.Man United winning the PL or one of the major honors in financial terms is the best thing for the competition.When they are not in a Final or competing for top spot,we don't make finacially,what we could make.