Thank you Chelsea

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Thank you Chelsea

Post by eskimo joe »

Never thought I would be saying those words regarding Chelsea, but they took 3 points away from the Spuds, if we beat them that's 6 points they will have lost, we just have to keep all crossed and hope we produce, and the others falter.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BillyDWhizz

Re: Thank you Chelsea

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Unfortunately I think you're grasping at straws a bit. Spuds are only a point behind us and have 3 games in hand - Brighton and Burnley away and Le Arse at home. Shit as they are they'll probably get 4 pts minimum from that lot which does us no favours, especially considering managements reticence to strengthen our obviously seriously flagging squad.

Hate to say it, but a really promising season is looking like it'll be undone by a combination of Moyes' dithering and Sullivans' airtight wallet.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:09 pm Unfortunately I think you're grasping at straws a bit. Spuds are only a point behind us and have 3 games in hand - Brighton and Burnley away and Le Arse at home. Shit as they are they'll probably get 4 pts minimum from that lot which does us no favours, especially considering managements reticence to strengthen our obviously seriously flagging squad.

Hate to say it, but a really promising season is looking like it'll be undone by a combination of Moyes' dithering and Sullivans' airtight wallet.
If we sign two quality players then 5th or 6th. Without 8th

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:09 pm Unfortunately I think you're grasping at straws a bit. Spuds are only a point behind us and have 3 games in hand - Brighton and Burnley away and Le Arse at home. Shit as they are they'll probably get 4 pts minimum from that lot which does us no favours, especially considering managements reticence to strengthen our obviously seriously flagging squad.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but clutching at straws this end of the table , though as nerve racking, is far better than clutching at them at the other end.

But, as you say, a futile endeavour
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Somewhere down the line, we have to beat these teams. No parking the bus, no fucking around, all out attack.
Arsenal are not the team they used to be, and as for that other shite, go a goal in front and they'll fold like a pack of cards. Different story with City, Chelsea, and Liverpool, but we've beaten them already this season.
Just a pity that the owners, don't match the fans.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:10 pm Somewhere down the line, we have to beat these teams. No parking the bus, no fucking around, all out attack.
Arsenal are not the team they used to be, and as for that other shite, go a goal in front and they'll fold like a pack of cards. Different story with City, Chelsea, and Liverpool, but we've beaten them already this season.
Just a pity that the owners, don't match the fans.
It’s plucky, but didn’t see utd going for it until 80+mins…sometime pragmatic works for teams and moyes is….pragmatic…which has served us well for the past season and a half.
We don’t have their resources or history but ig we continue on this trajectory we can continue to compete .

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Seem to remember a month ago we were in crisis according to some. We are still 5th, we've just lost by a shit fucking VAR decision to the media darlings.
If Soucek gets his header on target at the end or someone had gambled on the back post, it could have been very different.
Arsenal have just been held by Burnley, so think the Spuds will have a tough game there.
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, just hope our lot don't
It's all to play for......and it's LIVE!!!