Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 am

Won't push on ? Exactly where do you think West Ham belong in the scheme of things ? We are higher up the ladder now then we have been for many years and without massive, and I mean massive, cash injections we ain't going to push on any higher. Seirously how many of our squad would get in the Spurs or Man United squads do you think ?

Now it's time for a beer.
I would suggest the two defeats by Brentford and the loss to Southampton (9 points) could have been avoided,had the team been helped by some rotation.

And that might have been made possible using some of the younger squad members. I'm not advocating lots of rotation, a couple every few games, allowing those that carry the greater burden to save 30 mins in their legs when a situation presents.

Finishing 4th shouldn't be wildly beyond this squads potential given dropped points by those immediately in close proximity.

That's why I view DM's performance in a less generous favour than those who imagine it is simply boardroom politics that curb progress.
Agree with you regarding younger players, often said so myself on here. But imo the squad is well short of one that can realistically sustain a top 4 challenge.,
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Re: Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:42 pm

Won't push on ? Exactly where do you think West Ham belong in the scheme of things ? We are higher up the ladder now then we have been for many years and without massive, and I mean massive, cash injections we ain't going to push on any higher. Seirously how many of our squad would get in the Spurs or Man United squads do you think ?

If you learn anything in business it is to not rest on your laurels. We should always be striving to improve. Just because we finish top 10 2 years on trot doesn’t mean we should not push on to try and improve on that?
Can't disagree with that. But to press on, at least in the football sense, requires large injections of cash which we appear not to have. Or if we have are unwilling to spend.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:56 am

Don't you think we have gone a bit backwards since the Chelsea game in early December?Ok,we played a lot of games and that didn't help us,I would say.

We have lost that spark we had before.We lost Ogbonna,yes,but I think not buying in the transfer window deflated the players.I do remember.Antonio mentioning it too.

In my opinion(maybe not yours and everyone seems wrong,if they don't agree with you ;) ),if we'd have brought in another centre forward and a few others,we would have pushed on.
I've said many times I don't think we've played well since Chelsea. But your comment about signing " a centre forward and a few players sums it up. We are a few players , quite a few players, short of being a top 4 team imo. As things stand looking at our squad in relation to others I'd say 7th place is our maximum realistic target. If Man United continue to under achieve we might grab 6th but imo it's a long shot.

Time for another beer.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:49 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:56 am

Don't you think we have gone a bit backwards since the Chelsea game in early December?Ok,we played a lot of games and that didn't help us,I would say.

We have lost that spark we had before.We lost Ogbonna,yes,but I think not buying in the transfer window deflated the players.I do remember.Antonio mentioning it too.

In my opinion(maybe not yours and everyone seems wrong,if they don't agree with you ;) ),if we'd have brought in another centre forward and a few others,we would have pushed on.
I've said many times I don't think we've played well since Chelsea. But your comment about signing " a centre forward and a few players sums it up. We are a few players , quite a few players, short of being a top 4 team imo. As things stand looking at our squad in relation to others I'd say 7th place is our maximum realistic target. If Man United continue to under achieve we might grab 6th but imo it's a long shot.

Time for another beer.
Agreed, and that's what is annoying most of us. Don't think many of us expected a huge influx of players, or even that we would have been within spitting distance of 6th place let alone 4th. But for the want of two players, and it isn't a said it would be, we have all but lost the chance.

7th or 8th is realistic, especially looking at Moyes record, but it gripes a tad when you have had a sniff of what could have been.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

Predictions are not facts. Read a book, expand your vocabulary, be a better troll. You are currently bang average at best. You do have potential as a troll (not as a poet obviously) but you allow your desperate need to try and offend people to affect your posts. More subtlety is needed. I will keep tabs on your progression. Good luck

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

9898 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:29 pm Zouma - Won't be playing football in 24 - 30 months. Serious injuries have ruined his body. Watch when he just walks. he limps because he is over compensating from serious injuries and that is ruining his body.
Bowen - Won't score 5 PL goals next season.
Soucek - Crowd will turn on him halfway through next season but Moyes will still play him as he is 6'4.
Moyes - Crowd will turn next season with realisation that he is a very, very ordinary manager whose style of play is very, very non West Ham.
New owner - Deal will fall through.
Fabianski will be replace at some point next season, and then win his place back because replacement will be poor, whether Areola or Johnstone.
Dawson will still be a starting CB next season.
Rice will join Chelsea and we will get Loftus Cheek.
Antonio will be our starting CF next season.
Looking forward to Dawson starting next season
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:27 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 am

Whisky apologises . He cannot answer as he is in Lyon .

Proper supporter .
Not yet he isn't. ;) En route courtesy of Eurostar and TGV from Paris to Lyon. No Mrs W this time and only one night in Lyon after the match.

And there's a lot more who deserve the proper supporter accolade more than me. I'm just a glory seeking European supporter. ;)
I have to remind Gonzo about that Sarcasm emoji
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Someone appears to have gone on the missing list, whilst the rest of us have gone on the hit and miss. 😂
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:27 am

Not yet he isn't. ;) En route courtesy of Eurostar and TGV from Paris to Lyon. No Mrs W this time and only one night in Lyon after the match.

And there's a lot more who deserve the proper supporter accolade more than me. I'm just a glory seeking European supporter. ;)
Isn't sarcasm supposed to be the lowest form of wit ?

Great night , great result and looking forward to a decent kip on the train back to Paris tomorrow. Just got back to my hotel and notice the bar is still open. And I think it would be very rude not to take advantage.. I was going to try to get you a signed David Moyes photograph but I thought better of it. ;)

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:40 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:31 pm

Isn't sarcasm supposed to be the lowest form of wit ?

Great night , great result and looking forward to a decent kip on the train back to Paris tomorrow. Just got back to my hotel and notice the bar is still open. And I think it would be very rude not to take advantage.. I was going to try to get you a signed David Moyes photograph but I thought better of it. ;)
Wooooh. Caraaaazy man. Beer, beer, he drinks beer. Crazy. Beer monster!!!. Beer goggles and ravage the women. Beer, beer, he loves his beer. Out of control beer monster. Craaaaaazy.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."