Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Clayton »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:52 am
palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:56 am We still need a left back, even one on loan with an option.
I'm starting to think that the only way we'll sign a left back is if Cresswell gets a significant injury before the window shuts.
I would say he has looked like he has been playing with a injury now for the last couple of seasons . :roll:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

What will be will be

I’m just delirious that useless cunt Fuka has fucked off.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:55 am What will be will be

That's a statement and a half , what will be , will be , like who gives a fuck .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:55 am What will be will be

That's a statement and a half , what will be , will be , like who gives a fuck .
Ta 👍🏼

hd1

Post by hd1 »

5 new, mostly young, talented players bought and £105m spent and people are still moaning.

Big Sam was right

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am 5 new, mostly young, talented players bought and £105m spent and people are still moaning.

Big Sam was right
Come on mate. All untried players in the Prem, barring Cornet who was injured for most of it.
I think most people are just a bit pissed off with the fact that we've had an awful long time to identify the players needed and none of them are ready for the season.
You get caught out very quickly if you are not ready in this league.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am 5 new, mostly young, talented players bought and £105m spent and people are still moaning.

Big Sam was right
Obviously new :roll: , talented ? hopefully , £105m spent , not sure what that actually has to do with it if it has not improved the starting eleven . I would have said we could have done with a Striker , LW , DM , LB , CB and GK to improve the team , to progress on previous seasons and I don't think we have .
Still comes down to selection and tactics at the end of the day , and hopefully we get it right with a couple more players coming in at LW , LB and DM/CM .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am

Big Sam was right
Come on mate. All untried players in the Prem, barring Cornet who was injured for most of it.
I think most people are just a bit pissed off with the fact that we've had an awful long time to identify the players needed and none of them are ready for the season.
It's not the signings. I'm happy with all of them although we still need more. It's whether or not Moyes will use them.

Excluding Downes, who probably accepts he'll be a benchwarmer this season, when fully fit, all of the other four should be first choice. And I accept Scaramanga's short of match fitness as is Cornet. But Areola should start tomorrow. I bet he doesn't despite Fabs, bless him, going downhill quickly.

And I suspect that Aguerd aside, the Italian and Cornet will both suffer due to the lemur's misplaced faith in the old guard which would include any incoming left-back as well.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:24 am
It's not the signings. I'm happy with all of them although we still need more. It's whether or not Moyes will use them.

Excluding Downes, who probably accepts he'll be a benchwarmer this season, when fully fit, all of the other four should be first choice. And I accept Scaramanga's short of match fitness as is Cornet. But Areola should start tomorrow. I bet he doesn't despite Fabs, bless him, going downhill quickly.

And I suspect that Aguerd aside, the Italian and Cornet will both suffer due to the lemur's misplaced faith in the old guard which would include any incoming left-back as well.
Well said mate

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:24 am

He's a sarcastic sod in the press briefings and he can't disguise his own enormous self regard. I'm surprised the reporters let him get away with it.

Any smart person would have him in knots...and I mean any