Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 pm If I was a centre back being touted for by West Ham........You would have to seriously consider joining......Moyes has already brought in his two so called `preferences` Zouma and Aguerd so where will they fit in on the pecking order, at best 3rd, then you have Oggy and Dawson both big favorites of Popeyes ........so in reality you will be sat on the bench most matches......would this be a good move....probably not
Good point, though I doubt many would be threatened by Dawson. I know he played a lot but it was sort of thrust upon him through need. Oggy is another story, as is Zouma. Diops now gone . Aguerd out for 3 months. So ATM competing with Zuoma and Oggy, and theirs no saying how useful Oggy is going to be. The mystery, if I can call it that is why Diop got overlooked more often than Dawson. Probably not feisty enough.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 pm If I was a centre back being touted for by West Ham........You would have to seriously consider joining......Moyes has already brought in his two so called `preferences` Zouma and Aguerd so where will they fit in on the pecking order, at best 3rd, then you have Oggy and Dawson both big favorites of Popeyes ........so in reality you will be sat on the bench most matches......would this be a good move....probably not
Good point, though I doubt many would be threatened by Dawson. I know he played a lot but it was sort of thrust upon him through need. Oggy is another story, as is Zouma. Diops now gone . Aguerd out for 3 months. So ATM competing with Zuoma and Oggy, and theirs no saying how useful Oggy is going to be. The mystery, if I can call it that is why Diop got overlooked more often than Dawson. Probably not feisty enough.
Because he wasn´t a Moyes signing.....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Word on the Kumb grapevine via Twitter is that the kraut CB is asking for assurances of playing time (in a World Cup year).
So that’s that then .
All gone quiet on Attila the Hungarian
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm

Because he wasn´t a Moyes signing.....
Yet another good point that I overlooked, and a little childish on Moyes's side.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Chinese whispers abound :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Depends on the quality of CB and 2 of ours are old and currently knackered. If he signed tomorrow, he’d almost definitely get game time til Christmas
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:14 pm
Depends on the quality of CB and 2 of ours are old and currently knackered. If he signed tomorrow, he’d almost definitely get game time til Christmas
Mmmmmm.......I don´t know......Moyes likes his oldies

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:19 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:14 pm

Mmmmmm.......I don´t know......Moyes likes his oldies
He does, but they’re both knackered so can’t play for a while
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:53 pm Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in this case you can't say with complete certainty that it cost us CL football, For one, we had far less games in the first qualifying season, so we're weren't , as some would have it, as physically tired as they would have been during the second season. Having a bigger squad MIGHT have helped, but you can not say with 100% certainty that it cost us a CL place, it was merely an obstacle in obtaining it.an obstacle amongst others.
Please...Enough...We were in 4th place with 7 games to go. We had both Rice and Antonio injured a few games before...We then lost to a dreadful Newcastle team and an erratic Chelsea.3 moe points against ONE of them or Everton at home would have given us a place in the CL..Them 2 injuries cost us,end of.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:53 pm Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in this case you can't say with complete certainty that it cost us CL football, For one, we had far less games in the first qualifying season, so we're weren't , as some would have it, as physically tired as they would have been during the second season. Having a bigger squad MIGHT have helped, but you can not say with 100% certainty that it cost us a CL place, it was merely an obstacle in obtaining it.an obstacle amongst others.
Please...Enough...We were in 4th place with 7 games to go. We had both Rice and Antonio injured a few games before...We then lost to a dreadful Newcastle team and an erratic Chelsea.3 moe points against ONE of them or Everton at home would have given us a place in the CL..Them 2 injuries cost us,end of.
And winning all 38 games would have certainly given us CL footy. Now thats a dead cert.