Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:15 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 am Kehrer CB £19m , Sosa LB £25m ( could of got cheaper but someone in the negotiating party wasn't on the ball ) and Koopmeiner £25m are all available and not that expensive as far as young experienced internationals go . These three would greatly improve our starting eleven , hopefully .
Could do with cover for Bowen ( especially as Yarmolenko has been let go ) so maybe a loan deal for a player .
I don't think we'll see any incomings until the final day scramble and even then we may get gazumped if said target is any good.

Despite bringing Newman in our transfer dealings are reminiscent of a third-rate old-time music hall act.
I am impressed with the Scamacca purchase , ( as I was with Haller ) , and Scamacca is a Moyes player at least ( problem I have is I am not sure the tactics and the players around him ( like Haller ) are good enough or suitable .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:24 am
palerider wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:15 am

I don't think we'll see any incomings until the final day scramble and even then we may get gazumped if said target is any good.

Despite bringing Newman in our transfer dealings are reminiscent of a third-rate old-time music hall act.
I am impressed with the Scamacca purchase , ( as I was with Haller ) , and Scamacca is a Moyes player at least ( problem I have is I am not sure the tactics and the players around him ( like Haller ) are good enough or suitable .
Granted, Scamacca is a good signing. But the lack of urgency to get deals done is staggering to me. As for the manager declaring any player must be first choice ready, it's a squad game, especially now with 5 substitutes.

He fucked up big time in January. Players not available ? Bollocks. Maxwel Cornet may have been the piece in the jigsaw we needed then to get into the Europa League. Moyes sanctioned the 17.5m buyout clause the other week. It was 17.5m in the last window too ffs.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 am Kehrer CB £19m , Sosa LB £25m ( could of got cheaper and as good but someone in the negotiating party wasn't on the ball ) and Koopmeiner £25m are all available and not that expensive as far as young experienced internationals go . These three would greatly improve our starting eleven , hopefully .
Could do with cover for Bowen ( especially as Yarmolenko has been let go ) so maybe a loan deal for a player with an option to buy maybe .
It appears that PSG only want £17m for Kehrer , so better still a saving of £2m .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

As far as LB's go we are now looking at Sosa who would be available for around £20m , yet we have supposedly negotiated poorly with the agents of Raum £23.5m , Bassey £21m , Hickey £15m , Malacia £13.5m , Olivera £10m and last but not least Wijndal £9m , who have all gone to other clubs .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:47 am As far as LB's go we are now looking at Sosa who would be available for around £20m , yet we have supposedly negotiated poorly with the agents of Raum £23.5m , Bassey £21m , Hickey £15m , Malacia £13.5m , Olivera £10m and last but not least Wijndal £9m , who have all gone to other clubs .
I know you said supposedly. I wonder if we went in for any of them tbh. But if we did, we’ve certainly seen a few deals fall apart this summer
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:50 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:47 am As far as LB's go we are now looking at Sosa who would be available for around £20m , yet we have supposedly negotiated poorly with the agents of Raum £23.5m , Bassey £21m , Hickey £15m , Malacia £13.5m , Olivera £10m and last but not least Wijndal £9m , who have all gone to other clubs .
I know you said supposedly. I wonder if we went in for any of them tbh. But if we did, we’ve certainly seen a few deals fall apart this summer
If we weren't in for any of them , I would really want to know why we weren't as these are the best young LB's around in our price range , and they all would have improved our squad if not the starting 11 .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am
JayK wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:50 am

If we weren't in for any of them , I would really want to know why we weren't as these are the best young LB's around in our price range , and they all would have improved our squad if not the starting 11 .
I have no idea about any of them tbh but I don’t doubt they’d be an improvement on Cresswell. Does Moyes actually feel we need a new LB?
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All the while we have a divvy cunt as an owner who still thinks he’s an Arthur Daley/Del boy character thinking he can fuck over clubs for his bargain “offers” the squad quality will deplete even worse than it is now.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am

I have no idea about any of them tbh but I don’t doubt they’d be an improvement on Cresswell. Does Moyes actually feel we need a new LB?
Not sure what he actually feels , but it really looks like he doesn't want to replace Cresswell or even bring in cover for him as a few of the cheaper options I have mentioned Hickey £15m , Malacia £13.5m , Olivera £10m and last but not least Wijndal £9m , would have been ideal , because Longelo ain't going to be given a chance . .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:21 am
JayK wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am

Not sure what he actually feels , but it really looks like he doesn't want to replace Cresswell or even bring in cover for him as a few of the cheaper options I have mentioned Hickey £15m , Malacia £13.5m , Olivera £10m and last but not least Wijndal £9m , would have been ideal , because Longelo ain't going to be given a chance . .
The inclusion (or not) of Longelo against Viborg will give you an indication of the lemur's intentions.