Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by dagenhamdave »

Cornet, I am not holding my breath on this one, with his injuries, once in front of the X Ray machine this will go tits up, remember Charlie Austin and his dodgy knees? :o :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm With Max Cornet now heading to LS for medical which he is a left winger, will West Ham still search for a proper Left Back for competition to Cresswell? Also Onana is now out of reach so West Ham are looking to get 2 players in this month, maybe 3 if Diop leave.

Once Cornet become a Hammers, West Ham need to get:

LB
DM
DC if Diop leaves.

Hope that will be sorted this month as our squad are so bare thin and need to make our strength in depth stronger.
God no . This transfer smacks of better than nothing .

With his injury record and the fact he’s played ( badly) at left back a few times 🤔
I predict disaster . There’s no WAY this geezer passes the Dinosaurs good character not .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm With Max Cornet now heading to LS for medical which he is a left winger, will West Ham still search for a proper Left Back for competition to Cresswell? Also Onana is now out of reach so West Ham are looking to get 2 players in this month, maybe 3 if Diop leave.

LB
DM
DC if Diop leaves.

Hope that will be sorted this month as our squad are so bare thin and need to make our strength in depth stronger.
I said it before and I will say it again,until the player is holding up the shirt on the Official site,I'd never count my chickens.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Stamford, you piss stained cunt. Cornet going to be prem class then?
Covid in the Boardroom

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:13 pm

LB
DM
DC if Diop leaves.

God no . This transfer smacks of better than nothing .

With his injury record and the fact he’s played ( badly) at left back a few times 🤔
I predict disaster . There’s no WAY this geezer passes the Dinosaurs good character not .
Hope not another Masuaku type and I hope Cornet will improve with a better squad in us than Burnley, just like Bowen did. Still I think we need a proper Left Back to buy
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:14 pm

LB
DM
DC if Diop leaves.

I said it before and I will say it again,until the player is holding up the shirt on the Official site,I'd never count my chickens.
Totally agreed as too many time that news of players that we wanted, got the bid accepted but the personal term usually tit up as we aren't the same level as the top 6 side like the Onana who asking for £100,000 per week which he only played 11 games last season and why no big club went for him is a mystery.

I am, like you said, only see the player in a West Ham shirt once deal has been done.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

As apparently we have medical experts on here, why the fuck do my elbows hurt after playing Urban Golf? You clearly have an amazing ability to diagnose without ever meeting the person so.....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:17 pm As apparently we have medical experts on here, why the fuck do my elbows hurt after playing Urban Golf? You clearly have an amazing ability to diagnose without ever meeting the person so.....
I am more concerned by the fact so many knowledgeable fans have studied his career in such depth and decided he is dogshit.

Who are we mere mortals to argue ? Fucked if I know what he’ll turn out like but whenever I’ve seen bits of him in highlights he’s looked ok. Not a world beater but ok. And you don’t sign world beaters for peanuts.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

It says Cornet faces a race against the clock to be registered in time for Sunday.

Well, the grandfather clock in the hall of Pale Towers hasn't moved for years so if he can't win a race against that fucker, God help us.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:30 am It says Cornet faces a race against the clock to be registered in time for Sunday.

Well, the grandfather clock in the hall of Pale Towers hasn't moved for years so if he can't win a race against that fucker, God help us.
He’s not played any pre-season games for Burnley to my knowledge.
He’s weeks away .
Bring back Jonathon !