Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:17 am
Who’s been dithering Ibby ?

I think you’ll find the problem with Kehrer is assurances over game time and the fact that Sevilla can offer him CL.

Not a lot even Moyes can do about that . Except lie to him of course .
And from what I hear Johnson was probably our best defender last weekend.
Zouma hobbling around for 90 minutes won’t have instilled confidence .
Not sure who dithering, probably Moyes or Newman......Hope Zouma will be 100% fit and ready and hope we will have to be in our best against a forest side desperate to win in front of their fans for their first home game in Premier League since Blairite was in charge.
Zouma fit :lol: :lol: :lol: the guy needs putting down .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:26 am
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 am

True as Kehrer is only value £16M and West Ham already sold Diop to Fulham for over £15M but West Ham don't want to pay £16M in full as per one football apps but not sure if that true but West Ham need to stop dithering on prices and just get on with it as it is time-wasting and could cost us points against Nottingham Forest as Ben Johnson again will partner Zouma in central defence which is his weakness spot. 1 week of dithering has really pissed m e off big time. We only got less than 3 weeks and need 4 players in LB, CD, DM and AM.
Ibby old chum , do you actually think Moyes would have played Kehrer even if he had already signed him ? .
After all he doesn't know the premier league , and probably wouldn't be up to speed yet as far as fitness goes .
As for our current CB partnership I am more worried by Zouma partnering Johnson , who I think has looked comfortable there . Really sorry to see Diop go , as he should have partnered Johnson , but Moyes still has Dawson and Ogbonna :lol: and the new guy Aguerd who is out for a few matches , so your right we need another in my book .
A week of dithering really ? , we have needed a Striker and LB for how long ? , Would add a DM or CM depending on how Moyes wants Rice to play to the list as well .
Do we really need a AM ? after all we still have Fornals who is the best we have ( now that Vlasic has gone to Torino on loan🙄 ) , Lanzini and Benrahma , I would look to bringing in a proper LW .
We need to plug in holes of our squad as it is too thin and don't want to waste energy on top players that force to play every game as some are still fatigued. In AM side we are just about ok on that area with Cornets, Lanzini and Bowen and the cover id Fornals and Benny so maybe need another one that is better than Benny if Benny goes. More priority is LB , CD and DM (also that can translate to AM like Lanzini)
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:45 am
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 am

Not sure who dithering, probably Moyes or Newman......Hope Zouma will be 100% fit and ready and hope we will have to be in our best against a forest side desperate to win in front of their fans for their first home game in Premier League since Blairite was in charge.
Zouma fit :lol: :lol: :lol: the guy needs putting down .
Hope he will stay fit as he is the only central defender West Ham have got at the moment with others on sidelines.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am

Ibby old chum , do you actually think Moyes would have played Kehrer even if he had already signed him ? .
After all he doesn't know the premier league , and probably wouldn't be up to speed yet as far as fitness goes .
As for our current CB partnership I am more worried by Zouma partnering Johnson , who I think has looked comfortable there . Really sorry to see Diop go , as he should have partnered Johnson , but Moyes still has Dawson and Ogbonna :lol: and the new guy Aguerd who is out for a few matches , so your right we need another in my book .
A week of dithering really ? , we have needed a Striker and LB for how long ? , Would add a DM or CM depending on how Moyes wants Rice to play to the list as well .
Do we really need a AM ? after all we still have Fornals who is the best we have ( now that Vlasic has gone to Torino on loan🙄 ) , Lanzini and Benrahma , I would look to bringing in a proper LW .
We need to plug in holes of our squad as it is too thin and don't want to waste energy on top players that force to play every game as some are still fatigued. In AM side we are just about ok on that area with Cornets, Lanzini and Bowen and the cover id Fornals and Benny so maybe need another one that is better than Benny if Benny goes. More priority is LB , CD and DM (also that can translate to AM like Lanzini)
Who are these top players you speak of that are fatigued ? Rice , really cannot think of any others , Bowen is pretty good as is Fornals when used properly , but really can't think of any others .
We lack a 1st eleven and definitely a bench capable of putting in top six performances every week like most outside of the top six , and the size of the squad isn't helping , but we really do not have top players Ibby , we have a top player in Rice ( could even be world class ) .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:55 am
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am

Who are these top players you speak of that are fatigued ? Rice , really cannot think of any others , Bowen is pretty good as is Fornals when used properly , but really can't think of any others .
We lack a 1st eleven and definitely a bench capable of putting in top six performances every week like most outside of the top six , and the size of the squad isn't helping , but we really do not have top players Ibby , we have a top player in Rice ( could even be world class ) .
That why it is so far to get top players as most want CL like Kostic so all I Hope to find younger players that can reach top level which is a gamble. Hope our squad will get better soon.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Having resigned myself to the fact that a left back won’t be arriving I think our only option is to look for a playmaker , a proper number ten , a creative attacking midfielder, whatever we want to call him .
If we’re going to keep conceding at least we can try and out score the opposition now we have a striker. .

He won’t be very effective without a provider .
With Fornals and/or Cornet (when fit) covering Slowcoach Lanzini ineffective and Benrahma just flattering to deceive it doesn’t need a genius to work it out .
It’s the reason the lamppost was branded shit and dumped on Ajax .
It was ok soaking it up and hitting inferior teams on the break but no they’ve worked Moyes out we need to take the game to them …and that means creativity.
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:02 am Having resigned myself to the fact that a left back won’t be arriving I think our only option is to look for a playmaker , a proper number ten , a creative attacking midfielder, whatever we want to call him .
If we’re going to keep conceding at least we can try and out score the opposition now we have a striker. .

He won’t be very effective without a provider .
With Fornals and/or Cornet (when fit) covering Slowcoach Lanzini ineffective and Benrahma just flattering to deceive it doesn’t need a genius to work it out .
It’s the reason the lamppost was branded shit and dumped on Ajax .
It was ok soaking it up and hitting inferior teams on the break but no they’ve worked Moyes out we need to take the game to them …and that means creativity.
After the promising performance by Scamacca last week I was hoping for a better future looking forward , Moyes would immediately remember we need a pacey LW and a LB capable of not only crossing the ball into the box but being able to actually defend as well . Meaning we would be able to actually have a cohesive unit going forward in attack , with Fornals ( or Vlasic playing at 10 :? ) .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:29 am

Do we really need a AM ? after all we still have Fornals , Lanzini and Benrahma , I would look to bringing in a proper LW .
Oggie's finished imo, sadly.
I'm inclined to agree with you there, can't see him being what he once was, and he's no spring chicken.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:19 am
palerider wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:29 am

Oggie's finished imo, sadly.
I'm inclined to agree with you there, can't see him being what he once was, and he's no spring chicken.
The only reason for optimism is the timing. The club feel his recovery is borderline promising,otherwise they would have released him;this being the obvious period of voluntary separation.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:38 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:19 am

The only reason for optimism is the timing. The club feel his recovery is borderline promising,otherwise they would have released him;this being the obvious period of voluntary separation.
Fuck me a 34 year old coming back from one of the worst injuries a footballer can sustain , wheres the optimism? . Especially when you think we already have Zouma who looks like he needs putting down , we should have just said thanks and goodbye .