All That Glitters Is Not Gold.,By Dave Kidd

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: All That Glitters Is Not Gold.,By Dave Kidd

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:39 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:58 pm

Too many people spend too much time looking backwards and harbouring grudges. Waste of time....Pellegrini was gone years ago and the obsession with transfers is ludicrous. People moaning about Hugill still despite all the players that have worked out. FFS show me any team that has never signed a bad player by mistake.
Oh come on now. You know very well that the bigger the fee the better the player. Just look at Manchester United's spending and the glittering array of talent they have assembled and welded into a ruthless winning machine.

Harry Maguire must be forty times the player Dawson is for heaven's sake and what we wouldn't give for Aaron Wan Bissaka at £45 million compared with our miserly outlay for Coufal. And could I add Bowen or Sancho ?
Tbf Sancho is a good player,just not at Man Utd though. ;)

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:08 pm Personally I think they're as bad as each other.
The Hughill fiasco being a case in point.
Add to that this fucking Kral cunt who was brought in to warm his arse and sit there like a spare one confirms to me that they're in cahoots with eachother.
He was hand-picked after the euro's to appease the fans and dupe them in to thinking we've spent money (albeit a loan!) Just to add another body. I mean what team gets a player in and doesn't play him ffs. Fair enough if your Man City with players galore, but fuck me we're down to the kit man and the coach driver!
Has Kral done anything in training to suggest he should have started more games?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:47 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:39 pm

Oh come on now. You know very well that the bigger the fee the better the player. Just look at Manchester United's spending and the glittering array of talent they have assembled and welded into a ruthless winning machine.

Harry Maguire must be forty times the player Dawson is for heaven's sake and what we wouldn't give for Aaron Wan Bissaka at £45 million compared with our miserly outlay for Coufal. And could I add Bowen or Sancho ?
Tbf Sancho is a good player,just not at Man Utd though. ;)
Imo a good player is only as good as his current performances. And since joining Man United Sancho has not justified the fee paid. Therefore ----
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:05 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:08 pm Personally I think they're as bad as each other.
Add to that this fucking Kral cunt who was brought in to warm his arse and sit there like a spare one confirms to me that they're in cahoots with eachother.
He was hand-picked after the euro's to appease the fans and dupe them in to thinking we've spent money (albeit a loan!) Just to add another body. I mean what team gets a player in and doesn't play him ffs. Fair enough if your Man City with players galore, but fuck me we're down to the kit man and the coach driver!
Has Kral done anything in training to suggest he should have started more games?
How are we supposed to know the answer to that particular conundrum ? In any case surely training sessions don't really give an indication what someone's going to perform like when it really matters do they ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I could probably bang a few goals in, in training, but I certainly couldn't do it in a match. But then again I'm not an international whose played for the Czechs.
If they saw something in him then why hasn't he played?
I'm convinced he was brought in to warm his arse and nothing more, because if he did play a certain amount of matches they would have had to pay a fee.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:30 am

I could probably bang a few goals in, in training, but I certainly couldn't do it in a match. But then again I'm not an international whose played for the Czechs.
I'm convinced he was brought in to warm his arse and nothing more, because if he did play a certain amount of matches they would have had to pay a fee.
I think we all know the score here.Sullivan brought Kral.He wasn't Moyes's man,otherwise he would have played him a lot more.

We all know his done this a lot since being here.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:25 am

I think we all know the score here.Sullivan brought Kral.He wasn't Moyes's man,otherwise he would have played him a lot more.

I'm not in the know with any internal politics, so I can't agree or disagree with Sullivan's involvement in this transfer. But I vaguely recall a few mentioning that Soucek and Coufal recommended him to Moyes...?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:29 am At the risk of appearing more stupid than normal--------

Who the fuck is Dave Kidd ?
What? :o
Sacre bleu are you honestly saying you don’t know who the legendary Dave Kidd is? :shock:

…….. go on, tell Whisk who Dave Kidd is Jay?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

h69

Post by h69 »

Rubbish. He was recommended by Coufal and Soucek and bought as a backup as he came up for loan late and it wss little risk but presumably has not impressed enough in training. Moyes even explained why he signed him at the time.....to have a look at him.

It's what happens when you get 'bodies' in to make up the numbers like people were demanding on here in Jan when the players that we actually wanted were not available.

It's lazy and quite ridiculous to see people assume that every bad signing is Sullivans bit every good one is Moyes'. I seem to remember the opposite when BFS was here and all the decent signings were apparently Sullivans and all the bad ones were Allardyces......strange that !!!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 pm

Rubbish. He was recommended by Coufal and Soucek and bought as a backup as he came up for loan late and it wss little risk but presumably has not impressed enough in training. Moyes even explained why he signed him at the time.....to have a look at him.

It's what happens when you get 'bodies' in to make up the numbers like people were demanding on here in Jan when the players that we actually wanted were not available.

It's lazy and quite ridiculous to see people assume that every bad signing is Sullivans bit every good one is Moyes'. I seem to remember the opposite when BFS was here and all the decent signings were apparently Sullivans and all the bad ones were Allardyces......strange that !!!!!
That's where you are wrong H.

Sullivan was behind the signings of Sakho and possibly Valencia.

I didn't know that Moyes was in charge of the cheque book at West Ham..Coufal and Soucek may ha e recommended Kral to Moyes,but it was Sullivan who wanted the deal done,because Moyes was very unsure and cagey about the idea.