All That Glitters Is Not Gold.,By Dave Kidd

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: All That Glitters Is Not Gold.,By Dave Kidd

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:42 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 pm

Rubbish. He was recommended by Coufal and Soucek and bought as a backup as he came up for loan late and it wss little risk but presumably has not impressed enough in training. Moyes even explained why he signed him at the time.....to have a look at him.

It's what happens when you get 'bodies' in to make up the numbers like people were demanding on here in Jan when the players that we actually wanted were not available.

It's lazy and quite ridiculous to see people assume that every bad signing is Sullivans bit every good one is Moyes'. I seem to remember the opposite when BFS was here and all the decent signings were apparently Sullivans and all the bad ones were Allardyces......strange that !!!!!
That's where you are wrong H.

Sullivan was behind the signings of Sakho and possibly Valencia.

I didn't know that Moyes was in charge of the cheque book at West Ham..Coufal and Soucek may ha e recommended Kral to Moyes,but it was Sullivan who wanted the deal done,because Moyes was very unsure and cagey about the idea.
Moyes is in charge of signings right now. And I don't dispute that Sullivan made signings in the past but its interesting that whenever we sign a bad player its a Sullivan signing (Kral was definitely a Moyes choice based on a late opportunity to sign him) whereas when BFS was in charge, every bad signing was down to him and people were crying out for Sullivan to take over :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Bit strange though to loan someone to take a look at him, how's he supposed to see what he is like when he sits warming the bench more often than a woodworm gets its breakfast. And as for didn't impress during training, bit thin that.

As for people moaning about Allardyces signings and people begging Sullivan to take over, I think the issue was the agent he repeatedly dealt with.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:17 am Bit strange though to loan someone to take a look at him, how's he supposed to see what he is like when he sits warming the bench more often than a woodworm gets its breakfast. And as for didn't impress during training, bit thin that.
Not strange all. They get to see him close up in training every day and he clearly is not cutting it. Moyes even said he was a late deal because he was only made available for loan on deadline day and he took a punt. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't,. That is the beauty of the loan market

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:42 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 pm

Rubbish. He was recommended by Coufal and Soucek and bought as a backup as he came up for loan late and it wss little risk but presumably has not impressed enough in training. Moyes even explained why he signed him at the time.....to have a look at him.

It's what happens when you get 'bodies' in to make up the numbers like people were demanding on here in Jan when the players that we actually wanted were not available.

It's lazy and quite ridiculous to see people assume that every bad signing is Sullivans bit every good one is Moyes'. I seem to remember the opposite when BFS was here and all the decent signings were apparently Sullivans and all the bad ones were Allardyces......strange that !!!!!
That's where you are wrong H.

Sullivan was behind the signings of Sakho and possibly Valencia.

I didn't know that Moyes was in charge of the cheque book at West Ham..Coufal and Soucek may ha e recommended Kral to Moyes,but it was Sullivan who wanted the deal done,because Moyes was very unsure and cagey about the idea.
This sort of post always gets me thinking-----How the fuck do you KNOW that?

Be honest you don't really know do you ? :lol:

Please don't say Ex WHU employee told you. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

The training part is supposition and can conveniently be used as an excuse. Could also argue if it was on a just to see basis why the whole season, of course the only way to satisfy that might have been the loan terms, in which case, if I was sceptical I would have forgone it.

It also doesn't fit his MO, certainly not his dithering ways and his penchant to not waste money for the sake of filling a hole.

We will never really know, just have suspicions, and mine are he was brought in to soothe a few minds.

And allardyce and the agent he dealt with was the reason many wanted Sullivan to step in

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:30 am The training part is supposition and can conveniently be used as an excuse. Could also argue if it was on a just to see basis why the whole season, of course the only way to satisfy that might have been the loan terms, in which case, if I was sceptical I would have forgone it.

It also doesn't fit his MO, certainly not his dithering ways and his penchant to not waste money for the sake of filling a hole.

We will never really know, just have suspicions, and mine are he was brought in to soothe a few minds.

And allardyce and the agent he dealt with was the reason many wanted Sullivan to step in
Yeah you are right. Training is pointless and a convenient excuse not to pick Kral over Soucek and Rice.....in fact, why bother training at all :roll:

Or maybe he was available and was useful in games where we rested Soucek and Rice and to put on the bench in case we got seriously short of MF players which is yet to happen. As for one year, that's a pretty standard loan arrangement

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:17 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:30 am The training part is supposition and can conveniently be used as an excuse. Could also argue if it was on a just to see basis why the whole season, of course the only way to satisfy that might have been the loan terms, in which case, if I was sceptical I would have forgone it.

Yeah you are right. Training is pointless and a convenient excuse not to pick Kral over Soucek and Rice.....in fact, why bother training at all :roll:

Or maybe he was available and was useful in games where we rested Soucek and Rice and to put on the bench in case we got seriously short of MF players which is yet to happen. As for one year, that's a pretty standard loan arrangement
Who said training was pointless
... Err you. You also pointed out to someone they don't know really who bought certain players, much like you don't know if it's Krals training, both are supposition, unless of course you have heard otherwise from the horse's mouth.

You seem to presume you know all but in reality your views are like most others, supposition, but yours come with a touch of arrogance and sarcasm. Unfortunately they are sometimes based on words never said.
Unless of course you can point out where I said training was pointless.