Do we rest players for the Arsenal game?

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Do we rest players for the Arsenal game?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Castiron wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:43 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 pm

This.

If not the kids, start all the fringe players. Yes, I’m including Kral in that.

Rest as many as we have replacements for from the fringes. All about next Thursday for me. Eggs all in the 1 basket
What was the point of Kral!?. Is he really that bad, that our manager and staff couldn't foresee that he would be a bench warmer.
Wasted wages that could have gone towards. a Striker option.
Fucking ludicrous.
It was done Cast, to merely bring another body in to dupe the gobshites in to thinking we've got another body in.
Yes they've had to pay wages, but far better to pay wages rather than buy the player and pay his wages. It looks good on paper, Czech international, friend of coufal and soucek etc. But there was never any intention of him staying here or given a chance. His parent club probably put in a clause stating that he is limited to one or two appearances, they don't want there player getting injured after all do they.
Remember, this is Sugo we're dealing with.
He'll be gone last game of the season, make no mistake.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:02 pm
What was the point of Kral!?. Is he really that bad, that our manager and staff couldn't foresee that he would be a bench warmer.
Fucking ludicrous.
It was done Cast, to merely bring another body in to dupe the gobshites in to thinking we've got another body in.
Yes they've had to pay wages, but far better to pay wages rather than buy the player and pay his wages. It looks good on paper, Czech international, friend of coufal and soucek etc. But there was never any intention of him staying here or given a chance. His parent club probably put in a clause stating that he is limited to one or two appearances, they don't want there player getting injured after all do they.
Remember, this is Sugo we're dealing with.
He'll be gone last game of the season, make no mistake.
Don't think he wants to stay now anyway, and who could blame him.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:12 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:14 pm They ran us ragged when we last met, and that was when they weren't on a roll. On Sunday they will be playing a side who got zero points in the Eurovision contest, and a manager who knows we haven't got quality in the final third.

Might sound defeatist, but with Zuoma not 100 percent, Diop out more than likely, and Moyes decision regarding Dawson alreadymade for him the result almost seems like a foregone conclusion.
Can't disagree with your logic. But when I saw the line up against Chelsea I thought it could get very messy and, although we ended up with what most of us expected, we nearly came away with a point.

And I wouldn't describe you as defeatist Joe. I prefer realist. ;)
Difference is Cheats are on the beach, le Arse need the points for 4th spot.
Anything less than full strength then it could be a cricket score, and with Wolves up our backsides GD could be crucial.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

This.

Rest as many as we have replacements for from the fringes. All about next Thursday for me. Eggs all in the 1 basket
Fucking ludicrous.
The thing that gets me is Kral was the 1 player I remember Moyes mentioning he was looking forward to seeing at the Euros. I’m convinced he was a Moyes signing
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:56 pm
Fucking ludicrous.
The thing that gets me is Kral was the 1 player I remember Moyes mentioning he was looking forward to seeing at the Euros. I’m convinced he was a Moyes signing
The thing that got to me with Kral was the Kidderminster game. Against far inferior opposition, he looked like he couldn’t have made their bench.

Yes, no one covered themselves in glory that day, but the rest of the team already had the runs on the board. This was his chance to show a bit of what he had. And he didn’t seem to get out of second gear.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

This.

Fucking ludicrous.
Is it Kral that was mentioned in a post about costing extra money for a certain number of appearances?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Absolutely we rest them. TBH, I do not see that Moyes has any choice. The Europa is our last chance of picking up a trophy this season.
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:37 am
Fucking ludicrous.
Is it Kral that was mentioned in a post about costing extra money for a certain number of appearances?
You’re right Tas. No idea how many games though and surely nowhere near the number
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:56 pm

The thing that got to me with Kral was the Kidderminster game. Against far inferior opposition, he looked like he couldn’t have made their bench.

Yes, no one covered themselves in glory that day, but the rest of the team already had the runs on the board. This was his chance to show a bit of what he had. And he didn’t seem to get out of second gear.
You’re right, he and others were dogshit and disinterested in that game. Player attitude can be infectious though. He was infected. Takes time for players to gel into a team. Training surely not the same. Just a very weird situation with him and surely he can’t be so bad that he’s only good enough for splinters from the bench
COYI!!!

deanox

Post by deanox »

So yes we did rest a couple of players and to be honest we were not that bad and the team which started did not let us down (even though we lost)

From now to the end of the season we need all the best players on the pitch even if we make the Euro final..

I might be deluded but i do not think Frankfurt are that good. If we get an early goal the game is ours to lose.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"