Do we rest players for the Arsenal game?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Do we rest players for the Arsenal game?

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:44 pm So yes we did rest a couple of players and to be honest we were not that bad and the team which started did not let us down (even though we lost)

From now to the end of the season we need all the best players on the pitch even if we make the Euro final..

I might be deluded but i do not think Frankfurt are that good. If we get an early goal the game is ours to lose.
Very much like last week. I thought our first half performance was as good as anything we’ve seen in the league since Christmas.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm
deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:44 pm So yes we did rest a couple of players and to be honest we were not that bad and the team which started did not let us down (even though we lost)

From now to the end of the season we need all the best players on the pitch even if we make the Euro final..

I might be deluded but i do not think Frankfurt are that good. If we get an early goal the game is ours to lose.
Very much like last week. I thought our first half performance was as good as anything we’ve seen in the league since Christmas.
Whisky,
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season we have had a fantastic season. I still think we are capable of winning the Europa cup which 2 years ago in all honesty I would answer hell no your nuts.

As said whatever happens we do not need any negativity because this has be one of the best, if not the best seasons I have had in my adult life and I'm turning 60 this year.

Earlier this year I was at the Genk game at home (travelling from the states) and I have not been this proud since I was a young Chicken run season ticket holder.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Whisky,
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season we have had a fantastic season. I still think we are capable of winning the Europa cup which 2 years ago in all honesty I would answer hell no your nuts.

As said whatever happens we do not need any negativity because this has be one of the best, if not the best seasons I have had in my adult life and I'm turning 60 this year.

Earlier this year I was at the Genk game at home (travelling from the states) and I have not been this proud since I was a young Chicken run season ticket holder.
Can't disagree mate. I wish I shared your optimism about the Europs Cup. If we do manage to overcome the deficit in Germany the probability is we will face Leipzig who. if the Bundesliga table is to be believed, are a better side than Frankfurt. But I agree with you. For me it has been the best season since 85/86 which deserved to end in European qualification but because of the ban didn't..

The sad thing is as we have seen having our best season in many years isn't enough for some people and my worry is that, if we don't win the Europa cup, the mumblings and grumblings of discontent will grow. And, as we all know, discontent is usually the forerunner of plummeting fortunes on the field.

My advice ? Enjoy it while it lasts mate and pour yourself another cold one. ;)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:41 pm
deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:31 pm

Whisky,

Can't disagree mate. I wish I shared your optimism about the Europs Cup. If we do manage to overcome the deficit in Germany the probability is we will face Leipzig who. if the Bundesliga table is to be believed, are a better side than Frankfurt. But I agree with you. For me it has been the best season since 85/86 which deserved to end in European qualification but because of the ban didn't..

The sad thing is as we have seen having our best season in many years isn't enough for some people and my worry is that, if we don't win the Europa cup, the mumblings and grumblings of discontent will grow. And, as we all know, discontent is usually the forerunner of plummeting fortunes on the field.

If we weren't in the semis of the Europa, would you be happy with one point in 4?. You can't blame people for thinking what might have been if we don't go through imo.
That extra decent striker could be the difference between a good season and a great season.
Fine margins.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:45 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:41 pm

If we weren't in the semis of the Europa, would you be happy with one point in 4?. You can't blame people for thinking what might have been if we don't go through imo.
We are in the semis of the Euros and whatever happens in Frankfurt it will still have been an excellent season. The best imo since 1985/86. And to answer your question I'm never happy with 10 points from 4 games, never mind one. I hate failure.

But although I'm able to do something about my own failings there is fuck all I can do about the results of the fucking football team who I happen to support. So I don't let it worry me too much. I talk to my friends in my local about the day's games, have a few beers, and move on. And thank fuck I wasn't born in Norwich.