It's time to appreciate this team instead of criticism

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

It's time to appreciate this team instead of criticism

Post by deanox »

I'm sure there are plenty of supporters who may have criticisms of this team which may be in their opinion good reasons to be pissed off. But as a 50+ year supporter I believe this is up there with when one of our best teams since the mid 60's and 80's.

This has been a great season and the fact that 4 games before the end of season we were still having a chance to be in the top 4 to be in the champions league and be in the semi finals of a major European competition is fucking amazing.

So lets get behind these boys because I believe this is not a flash in the pan, if we keep hold of our best players and add more this off season we can be a top 6/7/8 team every year with the opportunity of being better.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Castiron

Re: It's time to appreciate this team instead of criticism

Post by Castiron »

deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:49 pm I'm sure there are plenty of supporters who may have criticisms of this team which may be in their opinion good reasons to be pissed off. But as a 50+ year supporter I believe this is up there with when one of our best teams since the mid 60's and 80's.

This has been a great season and the fact that 4 games before the end of season we were still having a chance to be in the top 4 to be in the champions league and be in the semi finals of a major European competition is fucking amazing.

So lets get behind these boys because I believe this is not a flash in the pan, if we keep hold of our best players and add more this off season we can be a top 6/7/8 team every year with the opportunity of being better.
No complaints with the team. The ambition of the board is what I think most people may be pissed off about.
Moyes gets it wrong sometimes, but he's put us on the map. It remains to be seen how far he can take us, but even if he could bring us silverware, I'm not sure he'd get the backing to do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Agree it had been a good season, but your comment about building on it is the stumbling block.

I think we can appreciate the efforts of the team, but still question the tactics, players, manager etc.

We should always look at ways to improve as if we don’t we will slide, as you can be sure others around us will be improving.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:57 pm Agree it had been a good season, but your comment about building on it is the stumbling block.

I think we can appreciate the efforts of the team, but still question the tactics, players, manager etc.

We should always look at ways to improve as if we don’t we will slide, as you can be sure others around us will be improving.
Any business should always strive to improve. But I'm sure you will agree that the tactics, players managers etc, can only be truly successful if driven by an effective boardroom.

Silk purses, sows ears or something like that. Or as some poster on here used to say. Turds can't be polished. But imo much of the criticism of Moyes has been somewhat OTT. Of course he has his faults, imo his biggest being if the kids are good enough use them, if they're good but not ready yet ship them out on loan instead of letting them fanny around in that fucking silly U23 league.. But, seriously, look at our squad and ask yourself. A European challenging squad ? And if your opinion is the same as mine you will appreciate what a decent job the coaching team has done.

Can't stand still though because , imo, our style has been sussed. Can the coaches adapt ? Guess we'll have to see next season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

deanox wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:49 pm I'm sure there are plenty of supporters who may have criticisms of this team which may be in their opinion good reasons to be pissed off. But as a 50+ year supporter I believe this is up there with when one of our best teams since the mid 60's and 80's.

Well said mate.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:34 pm
Towie wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:57 pm Agree it had been a good season, but your comment about building on it is the stumbling block.

Any business should always strive to improve. But I'm sure you will agree that the tactics, players managers etc, can only be truly successful if driven by an effective boardroom.

Silk purses, sows ears or something like that. Or as some poster on here used to say. Turds can't be polished. But imo much of the criticism of Moyes has been somewhat OTT. Of course he has his faults, imo his biggest being if the kids are good enough use them, if they're good but not ready yet ship them out on loan instead of letting them fanny around in that fucking silly U23 league.. But, seriously, look at our squad and ask yourself. A European challenging squad ? And if your opinion is the same as mine you will appreciate what a decent job the coaching team has done.

Can't stand still though because , imo, our style has been sussed. Can the coaches adapt ? Guess we'll have to see next season.
goodpost:)

Moyes has his faults,but you can't knock what his done over the past 2 seasons.

If we get knocked out Thursday,we had still got to May with a chance of putting silverware on the table and a chance to get back in Europe.We finished 6th last season and took it to the last game before missing out on a Champions League place.

If you had woke from a coma today after being in one 2 years,you wouldn't believe what has happened in the past 24 months.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Moyes out.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:37 amMoyes out.
Here, here.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post by 9898 »

Bit soppy that.
Real season last few games and we struggle.
Real season next season and Moyes gets found out.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:34 pm

goodpost:)

Moyes has his faults,but you can't knock what his done over the past 2 seasons.

If we get knocked out Thursday,we had still got to May with a chance of putting silverware on the table and a chance to get back in Europe.We finished 6th last season and took it to the last game before missing out on a Champions League place.

If you had woke from a coma today after being in one 2 years,you wouldn't believe what has happened in the past 24 months.
All managers have their faults, even Pep, and Moyes is no exception. But the transformation at the club over the past 2 years has been unbelievable. We will see next season if he has what it takes to revitalise the squad and put us back on an upward trajectory because, let's be brutally frank, in the league we've gone backwards this year. Although obviously our Europa Cup run has taken the heat off somewhat.

But next season will be a big test. We can all hear the knives being sharpened in some quarters and a poor start to next season and the Moyes outers will increase in numbers. As no doubt will sales of black balloons and marching boots. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?