West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:27 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm

I agree his not Striker class,but he has terrorised and bullied their defence today.If he could finish like a centre forward,he would be some player.He should have got a number of fouls,but Taylor was too blind to see them.
Just watched a recording of the game because the boys were playing this afternoon. Fortunately Taylor was also too blind, as you put it, to give a penalty to City early doors when Zouma took out Jesus in the area. Amazed VAR didn't intervene with that one. But I suppose mentioning that doesn't sit alongside your conspiracy theories of favouritism does it mate. ;)

An unexpected point which could have been 3 if Antonio had put away THAT chance. Although I suppose it could be said we could have ended up with fuck all but for Fabianski's penalty save. Not sure about the "fouls" on Antonio tbh. A lot of the time he seemed to be throwing himself down fairly easily.
Whilst you mention Fabianski - and that pen save was top notch ,as was his all round game - his distribution was bloody brilliant. Fast and accurate even over distance, that half volley onto Bowens toe must have been 70 yards. Very impressive.

And THAT chance Antonio flummoxed...it's kind of his trademark balls-up. You can't learn that, you either have it in you or you don't.

Post by 9898 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 pm Finally the useless lump is substituted - 94th minute
I agree his not Striker class,but he has terrorised and bullied their defence today.If he could finish like a centre forward,he would be some player.He should have got a number of fouls,but Taylor was too blind to see them.
He terrorised no one today. Stop this happy clappy posting where everyone was good.
Antonio was appalling today at football. Diving. Horrendous touch. Greedy. Did not threaten a makeshift defence (36 year old midfielder playing centre half) once.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:26 pm

He terrorised no one today. Stop this happy clappy posting where everyone was good.
Antonio was appalling today at football. Diving. Horrendous touch. Greedy. Did not threaten a makeshift defence (36 year old midfielder playing centre half) once.
Not what Pep said Numbnuts, wrong again.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm

:lol: :lol: This fellas incapable of watching a game and making his own observations :lol: :lol:
He takes the word of a PR trained manager because he has no opinion, or is incapable of establishing an opinion, of his own. :lol:
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:04 pm
Towie wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm

:lol: :lol: This fellas incapable of watching a game and making his own observations :lol: :lol:
He takes the word of a PR trained manager because he has no opinion, or is incapable of establishing an opinion, of his own. :lol:
You don’t respect anyone’s opinion on here, thought you might respect Peps. Obviously not but keep on proving you are a know nothing twat.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:27 pm

Just watched a recording of the game because the boys were playing this afternoon. Fortunately Taylor was also too blind, as you put it, to give a penalty to City early doors when Zouma took out Jesus in the area. Amazed VAR didn't intervene with that one. But I suppose mentioning that doesn't sit alongside your conspiracy theories of favouritism does it mate. ;)

An unexpected point which could have been 3 if Antonio had put away THAT chance. Although I suppose it could be said we could have ended up with fuck all but for Fabianski's penalty save. Not sure about the "fouls" on Antonio tbh. A lot of the time he seemed to be throwing himself down fairly easily.
I don't disagree with that about they should have had a penalty,but nearly every other 50/50,60/40(for us),some how went their way.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Bullied their defence to set up Bowen’s 2nd, threatening enough for you (you know Bowen the chubby Championship player )

As I said know nothing twat.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You are entitled to your opinion,but your negative comments about anything West Ham can be very irritating to say the least.

I have never pretended Antonio was some amazing super striker,but what he does,he bullies and shakes up any defences like no other player in the PL..I have a few Spurs mates and they always say,Antonio is the one player who torments our defence constantly, when we play them.

Van Dijk probably had his worst game of the season against us.

Pep said it,Klopp say it,but you are telling us on here,we all need to believe you that his an appalling player? :? :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:26 pm He terrorised no one today. Stop this happy clappy posting where everyone was good.
Oh look, numbnuts criticising one of players again

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:11 am Fancy we’ll nick a draw then do the shirt lifters to nick sixth spot
8-) Bring on the shirt lifters cooeee