You know it makes sense.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 110
x 374

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:59 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:35 pm A publicity stunt imo with season ticket renewals deadline coming up soon.
He knocks it back the two cunts claim “we tried “I reckon he will do another season here personally.



Agreed.
Putting the onus back on to Declan,
Sneaky cunts trying to make him sound like a greedy cunt if he should turn it down.
I hope to fuck they do fuck off up the road and get lynched.
That won't work, Rice has previous, in turn downs and performed, Sullivan has previous also in the pork pie department. Didn't Rice also openly say without commiting that he would put in 100% everytime he puts on our shirt.

Besides...well I said those in the earlier thread.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 am
JayK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:25 am

That’s a bit weird aint it. Surely plenty of clubs would take him. Or are literally all of them saying no to the wages? Never heard of it before
I guess market forces dictate salary levels.

So a top striker gets £20m - Haaland
Midfield same - De Bruyne
Midfield quarterback £10M - Rice
Goalkeeper £5M

So Areola earning £6M looks pricey, so PSG pay say £30k and
West Ham pay £90k. In some way there is some logic.

Lower down the chain, the average scuffers who had to exist on
£50k per wk will be getting £75k. Wage inflation lifts all ships.
The relative undervaluing of goalkeepers has always puzzled me tbh. It is possible to win a title without a top class out and out striker, Manchester City will hopefully do that this season and Chelsea did it last time they won the title as I recall. But if you don't have a top quality keeper you'll win sweet fuck all.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:59 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:35 pm A publicity stunt imo with season ticket renewals deadline coming up soon.
He knocks it back the two cunts claim “we tried “I reckon he will do another season here personally.

Agreed.
Putting the onus back on to Declan,
Sneaky cunts trying to make him sound like a greedy cunt if he should turn it down.
I hope to fuck they do fuck off up the road and get lynched.
Of course the onus is back on the player. How else can a contract offer be made ffs. Make an offer to the player and his representatives, they chew it over and either accept or reject it.

I am no lover of our board but it is totally absurd to suggest the offer is a gimmick or publicity stunt. If Rice turns it down, which is his absolute right, it's difficult to see what else the board could do.

And if anyone buys or renews a ST on the basis of reading about this and end up feeling they've been stiffed I must admit I'll have very little sympathy. After all it won't be the first time rumours have been leaked about transfer targets at ST renewal time will it ? Once bitten and all that.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 550
x 756

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by andyginbrasil »

I'm 100% with BB on this....the board are playing mind games.. offering a very acceptable wage....and then taking any chance of the contract being accepted or even negotiated, with the absurd 8 year contract term... 3-5 years is the norm..8 is just taking the piss ....and as the learned gentleman BB stated.....the board are trying to pre empt the normal scenario.. " well we tried "......knowing full well that the contract was never, as long as they have holes in their arses, ever going to be accepted.

Expect this statement from the board this summer.

" Declan didn't want to sign a new contract so we had no option but to let him go"

So the blame is firmly put on Rice's shoulders.

Bunch of scheming underhanded cunts.

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 110
x 374

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:36 pm I'm 100% with BB on this....the board are playing mind games.. offering a very acceptable wage....and then taking any chance of the contract being accepted or even negotiated, with the absurd 8 year contract term... 3-5 years is the norm..8 is just taking the piss ....and as the learned gentleman BB stated.....the board are trying to pre empt the normal scenario.. " well we tried "......knowing full well that the contract was never, as long as they have holes in their arses, ever going to be accepted.

Expect this statement from the board this summer.

" Declan didn't want to sign a new contract so we had no option but to let him go"

So the blame is firmly put on Rice's shoulders.

Bunch of scheming underhanded cunts.
Whilst my sentiments exactly, it would only double cement our total contempt for the worm. All he would be saying is that we are all total idiots.

If you asked out who on here thinks he will be here in two years, the majority would say no. Many, myself included, would be surprised to see him here next season.

Personally I think the decision has been made, maybe for the good of progression, but I think he will be sold EOS, and this latest leak, and I believe, rightly or wrongly, that it came from him, is like you say." I tried, but now for the benefit of all concerned......."

Well good for Rice, he isn't being a puppet, he is sticking to his principles regardless of the money he has and is passing up.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:36 pm I'm 100% with BB on this....the board are playing mind games.. offering a very acceptable wage....and then taking any chance of the contract being accepted or even negotiated, with the absurd 8 year contract term... 3-5 years is the norm..8 is just taking the piss ....and as the learned gentleman BB stated.....the board are trying to pre empt the normal scenario.. " well we tried "......knowing full well that the contract was never, as long as they have holes in their arses, ever going to be accepted.

Expect this statement from the board this summer.

" Declan didn't want to sign a new contract so we had no option but to let him go"

So the blame is firmly put on Rice's shoulders.

Bunch of scheming underhanded cunts.
I see what you're saying Andy but whilst accepting an 8 year contract is a leap into the unknown if I was advising DR my first question to him would be "do you want to stay". If the answer is yes then I'd encourage him to sign it and trouser the increased wedge. I would however insist on my client's behalf that a buy out clause be inserted at a reasonable fee, say £100 million, which, if triggered and my client was agreeable, would allow him to move to the club prepared to pay it.

It's basic contract negotiation, not rocket science. Such an arrangement should suit both parties should it not ? Or have I missed something?
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 550
x 756

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:29 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:36 pm I'm 100% with BB on this....the board are playing mind games.. offering a very acceptable wage....and then taking any chance of the contract being accepted or even negotiated, with the absurd 8 year contract term... 3-5 years is the norm..8 is just taking the piss ....and as the learned gentleman BB stated.....the board are trying to pre empt the normal scenario.. " well we tried "......knowing full well that the contract was never, as long as they have holes in their arses, ever going to be accepted.

Expect this statement from the board this summer.

" Declan didn't want to sign a new contract so we had no option but to let him go"

So the blame is firmly put on Rice's shoulders.

Bunch of scheming underhanded cunts.
I see what you're saying Andy but whilst accepting an 8 year contract is a leap into the unknown if I was advising DR my first question to him would be "do you want to stay". If the answer is yes then I'd encourage him to sign it and trouser the increased wedge. I would however insist on my client's behalf that a buy out clause be inserted at a reasonable fee, say £100 million, which, if triggered and my client was agreeable, would allow him to move to the club prepared to pay it.

It's basic contract negotiation, not rocket science. Such an arrangement should suit both parties should it not ? Or have I missed something?
So if Rice wanted to move in 3 years into his 8 year contract because of the fore mentioned board had lied about building a team around him, he would only have a get out on thebuy out clause at 100 million. Because he still had 5 years left on his contract at 200k + a week no team could afford to buy him out of it.....I still stand by my statement m'lud an 8 year contract is ridiculous....and I advise my client not to sign it

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:29 pm

I see what you're saying Andy but whilst accepting an 8 year contract is a leap into the unknown if I was advising DR my first question to him would be "do you want to stay". If the answer is yes then I'd encourage him to sign it and trouser the increased wedge. I would however insist on my client's behalf that a buy out clause be inserted at a reasonable fee, say £100 million, which, if triggered and my client was agreeable, would allow him to move to the club prepared to pay it.

It's basic contract negotiation, not rocket science. Such an arrangement should suit both parties should it not ? Or have I missed something?
So if Rice wanted to move in 3 years into his 8 year contract because of the fore mentioned board had lied about building a team around him, he would only have a get out on thebuy out clause at 100 million. Because he still had 5 years left on his contract at 200k + a week no team could afford to buy him out of it.....I still stand by my statement m'lud an 8 year contract is ridiculous....and I advise my client not to sign it
True enough Andy, but we both know that if a plyer wants to move there are a number of ways he can force a club’s hand.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 110
x 374

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by eskimo joe »

Maybe, just maybe Rice is a man of principles and money isn't his God or the rush to acquire it. I think we and the rest of the world world know what he wants, and if we are all honest enough he won't be finding it here, not even within the time frame offered in the contract.

Whilst he might be losing extra money, by not signing he is sending out a message. Come and get me! He could resort to the DeFoe method to force the issue, another method to force a sale, but that is not in DCs DNA, and it comes with pitfalls.

We often complain about footballers and their lack of principles when it comes to money. Now we found someone who has them we find it hard to believe.

Again, why did Sullivan even find the need to make public the terms of the new contract offer. Would it not have been sufficient enough to say that he had again turned down a revised contract, not that it needed to be aired at all, especially at this time.

You would have a hard job trying to convince me it is not another of Sullivan's Shananigans
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:24 am Maybe, just maybe Rice is a man of principles and money isn't his God or the rush to acquire it. I think we and the rest of the world world know what he wants, and if we are all honest enough he won't be finding it here, not even within the time frame offered in the contract.

Whilst he might be losing extra money, by not signing he is sending out a message. Come and get me! He could resort to the DeFoe method to force the issue, another method to force a sale, but that is not in DCs DNA, and it comes with pitfalls.

We often complain about footballers and their lack of principles when it comes to money. Now we found someone who has them we find it hard to believe.

Again, why did Sullivan even find the need to make public the terms of the new contract offer. Would it not have been sufficient enough to say that he had again turned down a revised contract, not that it needed to be aired at all, especially at this time.

You would have a hard job trying to convince me it is not another of Sullivan's Shananigans
Again I get your point Joe. But I don't see what advantage the board would have by making the details of the offer public. That said the information has become common knowledge so obviously the speculation around his future will increase. We all, including the board, know Rice isn't going to be at West Ham forever, and we also know there are a very limited number of clubs who could afford him and satisfy his personal ambitions.

Tbh I can still imagine a scenario where Chelsea, once the ink has dried on the transfer of ownership contracts, testing the water with a big offer for his services. A sort of statement of intent by the new ownership if you get my drift.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply