Things West Ham fans do that make me laugh or surprise me

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: Things West Ham fans do that make me laugh or surprise mw

Post by dorsetdano »

garnett wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 pm
dorsetdano wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:01 am
Do you agree with him totally or partially?

I agree that I'm sick of fans blaming referees and conspiracy theories. We were fortunate that Zouma wasn't penalised for the challenge on Jesus. Antonio was incredibly greedy when he misplaced his lob and he does go to the floor far too easily. This is now hampering him and refs have seen it happening and as a consequence he is getting less free kicks than he should, as they're conditioned into thinking he is looking for it. The other thing that is counting against him is the hysterical reactions to decisions not going his way. Apart from that he was a real handful for City's defence and like many other defences they found it difficult to contain him.

We are not a hoof ball team, both goals came from clever through balls against a poorly co-ordinated defence. We are a very good team, when we don't have the ball and we do need a player to make things happen when teams defences are set. Against teams on the retreat we are definitely one of the best at creating opportunities.
Ok Dano, I`ll bite , it`s been a while since I gave my opinion, was going to make a season statement next week but hey ho let`s go.

Lets go with the same order as 9898 and I will digress after.
Antonio, from what I have seen and read the vast majority did think he had a good game, I would concede he worked hardish in 20 yard spells, but then the "beast" fell over, I don`t believe he was fouled I saw it as a mixture of him being out muscled, unable to keep the ball under control or just plain knackered, he had the best chance to redeem himself but only proved that he couldn`t hit the barn door when it was wide open.

Greatness, Liverpool are the world champs at bumming themselves up, you yourself said we are a great team without the ball, sorry but great teams don`t lose 13 league games a season, don`t get me wrong we can be great we can also be very poor, I believe we are somewhere in the middle with only 1 great player.

Hoofball, I don`t believe we constantly do it, but have our moments especially high lines like City`s and our managers love of trying to counterattack which I despise with a passion, I think our manager missed a trick Sunday not going for it from the off and allowing them to get into their stride and dominate, they won`t be that weak at the back again. Too much respect was shown and not for the first time.

Refs bent ? na not for me. Some good some bad all human we all make mistakes, there may well be some bad apples but they will get found out eventually. Corruption is far higher up the ladder.

Can`t digress have to do some work, maybe later.
I agree that Moyes shows too much respect for the big teams, but on this front he does seem to be making progress. Last season when we didn't have the distraction of the Europa League we consistently were beaten by the 5 teams above us, but we consistently beat the majority of the teams below us.

This season at home we've done well against the big teams in the League and put in some good performances in the cup, both home and away. We've slipped up more against the teams below us. Next season, hopefully we'll continue to make progress against the five/six teams above us and get back to not getting beaten by the other teams. Agreed we only have one great player, but we have a great team ethic. Brian Clough's successful teams only had a few great players, but they had a tremendous team ethic and I think we're similar.