Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:47 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:01 pm

Cheers and we need to break the bad habit of winless runs against Brighton as this team remind me of the old Wimbledon who tormented us in 1980s to 1990s, never forget winning 3-0 up to lose 4-3 as Brighton are simllar.
We beat Wimbledon more than they beat us in the 80's and 90's Ibbs.(9-8).

They could beat anyone on their day tbh back then.They intimidated quite a few,even the great Liverpool Teams.

I will always remember beating them with 10 men in the League Cup in November 1989.Martin Allen curled one right into the top corner with just minutes to go..The place went wild.
West Ham League recoards against the old Wimbledon (from 1986 to 2002 just before they were ripped off to MK) that BOTH West Ham and Wimbledon won 8 with 6 draws BUT West Ham beating Wimbledon twice in Cups games.

I do remembered West ham 1-0 win in League Cup with 10 men as I was in boarding school (for the deaf) and I went wild too as West Ham were in 2nd Division to Wimbledon flying high in Div 1.

I remember Brighton beat us 3-0 in 1989 and that I felt sickening from that result as we played crap under Lou Macari.

The only manager that gave West Ham 100% win record against Brighton is............

BFS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 6-0 win with Vaz Te hattrick and a scrappy 1-0 win at their place with no legs, Nolan the scorer.

Can we bring BFS for this Sunday match? :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm Should be a good long weekend piss up for the Pipes firm
Haven’t been down that neck of the woods since we set the fucking boats alight on the beach year’s ago.
:D
That was a great night Dwayne , I remember OB marched us up and down the seafront all fucking night afterwards as punishment .
What was we supposed to do ffs ? It was fucking freezing :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:11 pm
Nice one Ibbs .

Except to say I hope the uphill Gardeners DO attack all the time.
That way we can do what we do best , hit em with the sucker punch .
If we have to take the game to them it’s the Conference all the way.
Cheers and we need to break the bad habit of winless runs against Brighton as this team remind me of the old Wimbledon who tormented us in 1980s to 1990s, never forget winning 3-0 up to lose 4-3 as Brighton are simllar.
If Brighton are similar to the kick Bollock & bite crazy gang then my cock’s a bloater.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Brighton v The Mighty Hammers match thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibby must be drained after the seasons work so I will try and help out. I won't be as polished as he but I will try.

As we all know, this is a crucial game, a must win if we are to even have an iota of a chance of finishing 6th. No listening to half time results just get on with the game and deliver a winning performance.

Fabianski

Cresswell
Dawson
Zuoma
Coufal

Soucek
Rice
Fornals
Lanzini

Bowen
Antonio

Subs
Benrahma
Johnson
Yarmalenko
Noble
Areola

Have hopes for this game, not high ones . but even should Manure win we need to wrap this bogey up firmly in a handkerchief.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Bumped for Joe ;)
COYI!!!

JayK

Re: Brighton v The Mighty Hammers match thread

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 am Ibby must be drained after the seasons work so I will try and help out. I won't be as polished as he but I will try.

As we all know, this is a crucial game, a must win if we are to even have an iota of a chance of finishing 6th. No listening to half time results just get on with the game and deliver a winning performance.

Fabianski

Cresswell
Dawson
Zuoma
Coufal

Soucek
Rice
Fornals
Lanzini

Bowen
Antonio

Subs
Benrahma
Johnson
Yarmalenko
Noble
Areola

Have hopes for this game, not high ones . but even should Manure win we need to wrap this bogey up firmly in a handkerchief.
I helped you out Joe and bumped Ibbys one. You’re right though, need to deal with this big, shirt lifting bogey. We got it in our locker.
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Sorry , so use to seeing this on the front page I thought ibbs was still in bed recovering from last week's action

eskimo joe

Re: Brighton v The Mighty Hammers match thread

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:42 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 am Ibby must be drained after the seasons work so I will try and help out. I won't be as polished as he but I will try.

Fabianski

Cresswell
Dawson
Zuoma
Coufal

Soucek
Rice
Fornals
Lanzini

Bowen
Antonio

Subs
Benrahma
Johnson
Yarmalenko
Noble
Areola

I helped you out Joe and bumped Ibbys one. You’re right though, need to deal with this big, shirt lifting bogey. We got it in our locker.
Thanks, use to it being always on the front page.
Mine is the premium version though, has the subs also

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ronaldo and Pogba out for Manure. Not that the latter has been any use this season.

All we have to do is win........ :oops:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Cluck. Cluck . How many chickens is that?