FIFA on Agents

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: FIFA on Agents

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:41 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:24 am Points taken in but it's hard to imagine that they don't do it for anything other than their own benefit, granted players need an intermediary but as said the fee should come out of the players pocket not the clubs.

Also, it's not beyond them to haggle using what at times seems like interest from uninterested parties just to raise the price or even cement it. Ok common business practice, but it still stinks.
Kevin De Bruyne negotiated his own contract. He had absolutely no desire to pay an agent even 1% fee on his £370K weekly salary. Agents are for others he observed.
Any of us who have listened to deBruyne's interviews has probably reached the conclusion he's an articulate and intelligent bloke. I'm sure he is more than capable of handling his own financial affairs. As are a decent number of players we see in front of the cameras now. Our own Ben Johnson and Declan Rice sound and behave as if their brains are functioning properly.

However the likes of James Maddison and Dele Alli, to name two obvious suspects, also have very nice lucrative contracts. But would you trust either of them to run a bath, never mind an annual income well into 7 figures ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:58 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:41 am
Kevin De Bruyne negotiated his own contract. He had absolutely no desire to pay an agent even 1% fee on his £370K weekly salary. Agents are for others he observed.
Any of us who have listened to deBruyne's interviews has probably reached the conclusion he's an articulate and intelligent bloke. I'm sure he is more than capable of handling his own financial affairs. As are a decent number of players we see in front of the cameras now. Our own Ben Johnson and Declan Rice sound and behave as if their brains are functioning properly.

However the likes of James Maddison and Dele Alli, to name two obvious suspects, also have very nice lucrative contracts. But would you trust either of them to run a bath, never mind an annual income well into 7 figures ?
Declan's contract negotiations are interesting. His reluctance to accept an increased deal while he ponders his options seems a little risky.

One injury could see his progression temporarily stall, while everyone waits for his recovery and then acertains that none of his qualitities have been diminished. Which would leave him on a relatively modest wage and any big transfer frozen.

I would tactically want to get on the highest salary on offer. Protect what's in your control and under your influence when it's available.

West Ham have said £150M is the starting transfer tariff; however I would wager the market for a world class midfield quarterback is nearer 100 than 150.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:24 am

Declan's contract negotiations are interesting. His reluctance to accept an increased deal while he ponders his options seems a little risky.

One injury could see his progression temporarily stall, while everyone waits for his recovery and then acertains that none of his qualitities have been diminished. Which would leave him on a relatively modest wage and any big transfer frozen.

I would tactically want to get on the highest salary on offer. Protect what's in your control and under your influence when it's available.

West Ham have said £150M is the starting transfer tariff; however I would wager the market for a world class midfield quarterback is nearer 100 than 150.
Some good points there, and maybe he has already got that in mind. The season is nearly done, one more match and he's through it safely I hope. So it's possible, not nailed on and probably me seeing ghosts where there aren't any, but it is possible he has already decided his fate.

The other scenarios, one I have mentioned in the past, but the other could be the terms of the offered contract. One would presume that they sat down and talked, but the fact he refused it, and going by the statement he turned down the last contract offered, suggests they didn't and it also omits important clauses, because why not sign it if other was the case?!

P.S who is his agent?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

garnett wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:22 am Agent's are vital to footballers, the vast majority are thick cunts and to be fair football clubs took advantage of that fact back in the day.
My problem is, if an agent is representing a player why does the club have to pay a fee, shirley it's the players responsibility a bit like a black cab driver paying an accountant to lower the tax they have to pay.
Allegedly.
But the tax man doesn't directly have to pay for the accountants services. I say directly cause he might indirectly because of the accountants sculduggary

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 am

Some good points there, and maybe he has already got that in mind. The season is nearly done, one more match and he's through it safely I hope. So it's possible, not nailed on and probably me seeing ghosts where there aren't any, but it is possible he has already decided his fate.

The other scenarios, one I have mentioned in the past, but the other could be the terms of the offered contract. One would presume that they sat down and talked, but the fact he refused it, and going by the statement he turned down the last contract offered, suggests they didn't and it also omits important clauses, because why not sign it if other was the case?!

P.S who is his agent?
Represented by his father Sean

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

As I've said before if I was his representative I would be looking for an improved contract offer from West Ham which paid my client the going rate for a player of his ability but also had the option of a "managed exit" if certain conditions were met. I mean of course a contract buy out clause.

The only reason I suspect DR is not going down that route is because maybe he believes the club's valuation of him is too high and is dissuading a potential alternative employer from bidding. By allowing his contract to run down further he is, in effect, reducing the eventual transfer fee because as we all know the longer the contract the larger the fee.

But as you have said the possibility of injury is a factor so there is an element of risk. But in any case it's all speculation and "what ifs" at the moment and no doubt the click baiters will continue to broadcast video after video which will keep the pot boiling nicely until the day actually arrives.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

As I've said before if I was his representative I would be looking for an improved contract offer from West Ham which paid my client the going rate for a player of his ability but also had the option of a "managed exit" if certain conditions were met. I mean of course a contract buy out clause.

The only reason I suspect DR is not going down that route is because maybe he believes the club's valuation of him is too high and is dissuading a potential alternative employer from bidding. By allowing his contract to run down further he is, in effect, reducing the eventual transfer fee because as we all know the longer the contract the larger the fee.

But as you have said the possibility of injury is a factor so there is an element of risk. But in any case it's all speculation and "what ifs" at the moment and no doubt the click baiters will continue to broadcast video after video which will keep the pot boiling nicely until the day actually arrives.
What ifs and why and why nots can invite conversation. Without them this site could become akin to a ghost town.

Every , or nearly every site when it comes to footy could be classified as click bait. Probably the same for other fields. Some are full of rumour laced with an ioata of fact, some, as is the case on this subject is fact. Ok a figure or one not confirmed, but the rest is easily done so by going to FIFAs own site. The agents fee is just a part of it.

As you also state, conjecture is just that, but where is the fun if we don't air our ponderings, we might be right, we might be wrong, but it does make for conversation.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

What ifs and why and why nots can invite conversation. Without them this site could become akin to a ghost town.

Every , or nearly every site when it comes to footy could be classified as click bait. Probably the same for other fields. Some are full of rumour laced with an ioata of fact, some, as is the case on this subject is fact. Ok a figure or one not confirmed, but the rest is easily done so by going to FIFAs own site. The agents fee is just a part of it.

As you also state, conjecture is just that, but where is the fun if we don't air our ponderings, we might be right, we might be wrong, but it does make for conversation.
We'll have to disagree on that one Joe. Plenty of things to discuss without resorting to rumours. Player ratings, match opinions, players we'd like to see in or out, the list is endless. "West Ham linked with stories" would be way down the list wouldn't they ? After all who haven't we been linked with recently. ? ;)

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:56 pm

We'll have to disagree on that one Joe. Plenty of things to discuss without resorting to rumours. Player ratings, match opinions, players we'd like to see in or out, the list is endless. "West Ham linked with stories" would be way down the list wouldn't they ? After all who haven't we been linked with recently. ? ;)
I don't recall mentioning being linked with players, well only the Rice transfer thing, and once you gone through who is going to play and who shouldn't what else is there?

You got team for this week amalgamated with the match comments which often than not include player ratings

Been a bit livelier this season with the EL midweek.

You got prediction league and results.

And the the ins and outs

That is 5 if I am generous, 6 if you count the tedious who we are linked with which could be placed in the ins and outs.

That leaves plenty of room for other gossip.
Variety is the spice of life. You can even start a thread that one has no opinion either way, just for the same of others opinion.

Often have I been made aware of things that escaped me, there is one even on this thread.