Would Rangers finish in the top 3 in the Premier League?

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Would Rangers finish in the top 3 in the Premier League?

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 pm
9898 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm
Recent years Spurs have been in the Champions league even getting to a final.
You want to look at the current situation. West Ham fans are wetting themselves, and convincing themselves it's a great thing to be in the Conference Europa league while Spurs will be in the Champions League.
Your reply is a great example of my thread 'Things West Ham fans do that me laugh or surprise me'.
And your reply is a great example of a Spuds supporter response.

Why Spurs fans keep going on about Champs league final? Liverpool are in it most seasons, Chelsea have won it. You don’t see those clubs talking about finals they have lost.
Conference league/Europa league is an achievement for us, why are you trying to compare us to European super league teams who should win trophies, except Spuds don’t. 😂😂😂
Not a Spurs fan but I like to keep it real.
Past?? This season they will qualify for the CL and us the conference Europa league.
Ii just hate this claret and blue spectacle approach by West Ham supporters. More Spursy than Spurs. That took some doing by fans.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 pm
Towie wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 pm

And your reply is a great example of a Spuds supporter response.

Why Spurs fans keep going on about Champs league final? Liverpool are in it most seasons, Chelsea have won it. You don’t see those clubs talking about finals they have lost.
Conference league/Europa league is an achievement for us, why are you trying to compare us to European super league teams who should win trophies, except Spuds don’t. 😂😂😂
Past?? This season they will qualify for the CL and us the conference Europa league.
Ii just hate this claret and blue spectacle approach by West Ham supporters. More Spursy than Spurs. That took some doing by fans.
How is been happy qualifying for Europe Spursy?
When was last time we qualified 2 seasons on trot through our league season.

You are the one comparing us to European Super League teams, you need to keep it real Numbnuts.

Anyway Spursy will happen Sunday, Spuds will find a way to fuck it up, I’m off to make some Lasagne. 😉😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:56 pm
9898 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 pm

You are the one comparing us to European Super League teams, you need to keep it real Numbnuts.

Anyway Spursy will happen Sunday, Spuds will find a way to fuck it up, I’m off to make some Lasagne. 😉😂
I shall answer these queries.

Conference Europa league is not a real competition. We all know it deep down. It's just a non-competitiin invented to bring money to Ueafa.
When Spurs qualified for it last season West Ham fans took the mick mercilessly. Now we will be in it the same fans are calling it a good competition and an achievement qualifying. Go on the forum snidey grey uses to criticise this forum and you will see the Spursy behaviour regarding this competition.

We have never qualified for for kegitimate European competitions 2 seasons on the trot and this season will be no different.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Only problem for me with these europa league games is our league games changed to fucking Sundays.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:56 am Only problem for me with these europa league games is our league games changed to fucking Sundays.
I do agree with you,but many of our fans enjoy going to European games.

I think similar will happen next year unless,we really strengthen the squad.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:29 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:56 am Only problem for me with these europa league games is our league games changed to fucking Sundays.
I do agree with you,but many of our fans enjoy going to European games.

I think similar will happen next year unless,we really strengthen the squad.
As do I ,thoroughly enjoyed our jolly ups
It will games are played Thursdays
Strengthening the squad won’t change the match days

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Yep. That’s a real shitter for us over here. A Saturday game means we can stay up and watch it in the wee hours of Sunday morning, and then have a sleep-in.

A Sunday kick off means we have to stay up late on a school night.

That being said, most mid-week games will kick off around 6:00am-7:00am, depending on daylight savings.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:31 am
Towie wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:56 pm

Conference Europa league is not a real competition. We all know it deep down. It's just a non-competitiin invented to bring money to Ueafa.
When Spurs qualified for it last season West Ham fans took the mick mercilessly. Now we will be in it the same fans are calling it a good competition and an achievement qualifying. Go on the forum snidey grey uses to criticise this forum and you will see the Spursy behaviour regarding this competition.

We have never qualified for for kegitimate European competitions 2 seasons on the trot and this season will be no different.
Here is a question for you Numbnuts.

Do the deluded Spud supporters always claim they are top 4 team?
The answer is off course yes, every season look at their forums and they are saying things like we will win thd league.

Now you understand why we laugh at them when it all goes tits up and they land in a competition they believe in inferior for them.

If you were West Ham you would understand, but you are not so happy to explain.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:41 pm
9898 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:31 am

The answer is off course yes, every season look at their forums and they are saying things like we will win thd league.

Now you understand why we laugh at them when it all goes tits up and they land in a competition they believe in inferior for them.

Again perspective, think most would prefer the Europa over the conference as it is seen as the the bronze of all three.

In the past there were at least 3 European events, the European cup, the UEFA cup and the European Cup Winners. Today much the same under a different format. As for the money making venture by UEFA, yes but you can say the same for all three so to lessen one is to lessen all.

Is it an achievement to qualify for the conference?! Look at our previous and many bar you numbers would say yes, two seasons in a row we have achieved something we failed to do in the recent past, 1 qualify for a spot in Europe, 2. Finish in the top half of the table,3. Finish with a plus goal difference so for us it is something to be happy about qualifying for the conference, for a the likes ofLiverpool I think it may be different.

Unlike certain fans, we don't think we are too good to compete in the conference, it is far from being beneath us. In fact it is completely in the opposite direction to which we had become accustomed
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 am
Towie wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:41 pm

Again perspective, think most would prefer the Europa over the conference as it is seen as the the bronze of all three.

In the past there were at least 3 European events, the European cup, the UEFA cup and the European Cup Winners. Today much the same under a different format. As for the money making venture by UEFA, yes but you can say the same for all three so to lessen one is to lessen all.

Is it an achievement to qualify for the conference?! Look at our previous and many bar you numbers would say yes, two seasons in a row we have achieved something we failed to do in the recent past, 1 qualify for a spot in Europe, 2. Finish in the top half of the table,3. Finish with a plus goal difference so for us it is something to be happy about qualifying for the conference, for a the likes ofLiverpool I think it may be different.

Unlike certain fans, we don't think we are too good to compete in the conference, it is far from being beneath us. In fact it is completely in the opposite direction to which we had become accustomed
Well said Joe.

This time last year I said that personally I'd sooner miss out on Europe altogether than settle for sloppy thirds. Of course we got not so sloppy seconds. And I didn't pay much notice to who the vermin then Leicester played in the conference. But I did note that the teams in the last 8 weren't bad.

Should we fail to beat the uphill-gardeners and be in it, no problems. But my gripe would be that although it would finally give McBaldrick the chance to give some of the kids a go against teams that finished third in the Moldovan league, he wouldn't. Preferring instead to have Antonio out there like the duracell bunny.