Champions league final

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Champions league final

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 am A face you could smack with a fucking shovel

Diving cunt.
Indeed .
But you obviously haven’t been aware of this story :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... final/amp/
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:52 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 am A face you could smack with a fucking shovel

Diving cunt.
Indeed .
But you obviously haven’t been aware of this story :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... final/amp/
Don't like the geezer but that's hilarious.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Just seen the highlights.

Why the fuck was Benzema's goal disallowed ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:16 am Strange that the Madrid supporters managed to find their way into the stadium and take their places in time for the scheduled kick off time.

Perhaps the poor little scousers hadn't realised they had to put their watches forward an hour when they arrived in France.
Nobody likes to see a jackass make a fool of themselves do they...

Trent Alexander-Arnold: ‘I always feel I can see things others can’t see’

Yeah right...He just didn't see Vinícius Júnior ghost in at the far post.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:16 am Strange that the Madrid supporters managed to find their way into the stadium and take their places in time for the scheduled kick off time.

Perhaps the poor little scousers hadn't realised they had to put their watches forward an hour when they arrived in France.

Perhaps he should also have given the bloody VAR judge a prod when Real's first half "goal" was chalked off. Mistakenly imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dippers fan Sadiq Khan was at the match.

I hope that cunt got tear-gassed.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:05 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:20 pm

Perhaps he should also have given the bloody VAR judge a prod when Real's first half "goal" was chalked off. Mistakenly imo.
I had a feeling Real might prove too obdurate and so it proved.

If they'd run into Liverpool around the time they beat City in the FA Cup semi and tonked United at home, they'd have been mincemeat.

But, with hindsight, Liverpool peaked there. After that, the performances and the free-scoring dried up. Sure, they still won a lot of games, but they were grinding them out, they weren't dazzling in the way they had been.

Let's be brutally honest, three cup finals, 0 goals in open play in 330 minutes of football. They got lucky in two of them. The luck ran out last night.

Real did what they needed to do, they are pragmatic, they are efficient, they have a cluster of big game players who get turned on by the Champions League anthem. Liverpool had tons of the ball but they didn't see them off. That spells trouble against a team as good as this. They paid the ultimate price.

And it was nice listening to Michael Owen telling us - as Madrid collected the cup - that Liverpool were the best european team.

...no sour grapes from him after his one season impressing at the Bernabéu stadium

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:26 pm

If they'd run into Liverpool around the time they beat City in the FA Cup semi and tonked United at home, they'd have been mincemeat.

But, with hindsight, Liverpool peaked there. After that, the performances and the free-scoring dried up. Sure, they still won a lot of games, but they were grinding them out, they weren't dazzling in the way they had been.

Let's be brutally honest, three cup finals, 0 goals in open play in 330 minutes of football. They got lucky in two of them. The luck ran out last night.

Real did what they needed to do, they are pragmatic, they are efficient, they have a cluster of big game players who get turned on by the Champions League anthem. Liverpool had tons of the ball but they didn't see them off. That spells trouble against a team as good as this. They paid the ultimate price.

And it was nice listening to Michael Owen telling us - as Madrid collected the cup - that Liverpool were the best european team.

...no sour grapes from him after his one season impressing at the Bernabéu stadium
Much whingeing on the radio programmes this morning about the use of pepper spray. One so called "accredited journalist" came out with something like "I didn't see any Liverpool fans behaving badly. It was the fault of UEFA and the police because there were probably around 100,000 Liverpool fans in the city and it was obvious that number would be too many for the area they were supposed to queue in,

The obvious retort should have been to ask wtf 100,000 were doing there when Liverpool probably only got allocated 20 or 25 thousand tickets. But of course the point wasn't made. Anyway, fuck 'em. I'm sure they'll enjoy summer on Merseyside underneath the big black cloud that has no doubt descended on the city.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:26 pm

A decent post BD,though Real's GK Thibaut Courtois. was magnificet on the night.

You got to hand to them though,they beat all the best teams.I am not sure how,but they did,so you have to say,they deserve it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just seen a snippet from last night’s game seems the Scouse cunts allocation reached Japan and Asia ok