Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Lingard

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:04 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:31 pm

Dunno why people get so worked up about him. He owes us nothing and was as good for us as we were for him
I agree with your last sentence for sure but I reckon that it’s Moyes’ obsession with Lingard that irritates a lot of fans rather than Lingard himself .
He’d be good for us again if he decided to come back permanently despite his age but I only want to see players at West Ham that really want to be there so for that reason , yes he’s a cunt :lol:
What obsession would that be then ? Does anyone have any hard evidence he is obsessed with him any more than him saying to Newman : 'If you can get him this window then I would be interested' ?

I honestly think the fans are the ones that are obsessed with Lingard. Many of the stories are generated by the agents via the media and people fall for them hook, line and sinker .... You can add to that Adam Hlozek, Duje Caleta-Car, James Tarkowski and Sam Johnstone who we are also always after every single window !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:38 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:04 pm

I agree with your last sentence for sure but I reckon that it’s Moyes’ obsession with Lingard that irritates a lot of fans rather than Lingard himself .
He’d be good for us again if he decided to come back permanently despite his age but I only want to see players at West Ham that really want to be there so for that reason , yes he’s a cunt :lol:
What obsession would that be then ? Does anyone have any hard evidence he is obsessed with him any more than him saying to Newman : 'If you can get him this window then I would be interested' ?

I honestly think the fans are the ones that are obsessed with Lingard. Many of the stories are generated by the agents via the media and people fall for them hook, line and sinker .... You can add to that Adam Hlozek, Duje Caleta-Car, James Tarkowski and Sam Johnstone who we are also always after every single window !
It is fans who are obsessed, and not just with Lingard. I skimmed through a few click bait you tubes and in one of them Gonzo was almost in tears bemoaning the fact we were about to lose Aguerd to Newcastle. Fast forward a couple of days and, voila, Aguerd signs on the dotted line and the same Gonzo is creaming his jockeys about his arrival. Rumours in the press are taken by many as gospel and when after a couple of days we haven't signed half the left backs in the Bundesliga everyone thinks the world will stop spinning on it's axis.

And I'm pretty sure it's not just West Ham fans who lose all sense of reality during the transfer windows.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Spot on Whiskyman, if you believed all the players we had put rumoured bids in for we would be signing 200 players.

😂😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Not one of us can be sure of anything unless it comes directly from the horse's mouth, all you can do is take tid bits from the numerous stories that float around add them to what you know to be facts and then draw your own conclusions. The conclusions could be as equally wrong as right, but unless confirmation comes directly from the person in question you never really know. The same applies to the nay sayers.

Not everyone believes all they read, and certainly not in it's entirety, but some can draw conclusions based on past performances. Some can also comment on things though not necessarily believing in them themselves, doesn't make them obsessed. Maybe some are obsessed with obsession to the degree that they become obsessed with continuosly pointing it out.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

It was in the Express that they said Moyes was still in for the cunt so it must be true.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:27 am It was in the Express that they said Moyes was still in for the cunt so it must be true.
I read somewhere that he has now given up on Lingard due to his wage demands. I guess there comes a point where at least one story holds some truth, the problem is deciding which one and how much, most will hold an element of it in order to make it believable, that bit is usually easy to spot.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:27 am It was in the Express that they said Moyes was still in for the cunt so it must be true.
It's funny. I mean even if you believe such a bastion like the Express, Moyes does not actually go in for players anyway. Managers dont do that any more...That's done by Newman and the club lawyers and finance bods. Then he just signs off on them if they happen.

He will have said that he is interested if a deal can be done but the rest is really not his problem.

As for Aguerd, I did see the headline on one of the vids saying he had gone missing when in reality he was having the first part of his medical abroad and then arrived the next day for the second part as planned. Newcastle never made a bid and only enquired with his agent. That I do know and that is from the club. Believe it or not, it makes no difference to me. That deal was pretty smooth and considering he was playing international football last week, a reasonably quick process.

I suppose fake news is a great way to earn a living whether you are in the media or just on YouTube.

palerider

Post by palerider »

He's 'testing the water' for 180k a week. Even Newcastle have told him to do one at that price.

I don't think he'll join us, but I suppose it's not impossible if he lowers his demands and accepts he won't be guaranteed a starting place anymore. Two years ago it was different, he was chasing the England squad. But however shite the national team are atm, that ship sailed months ago.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:31 pm He's 'testing the water' for 180k a week. Even Newcastle have told him to do one at that price.

I don't think he'll join us, but I suppose it's not impossible if he lowers his demands and accepts he won't be guaranteed a starting place anymore. Two years ago it was different, he was chasing the England squad. But however shite the national team are atm, that ship sailed months ago.
You see my dear friend, they didn't listen to us when we suggested getting the magician that is Charlie Adam in, did they.
A bottle of single malt and a week in a premier Inn and voila, he'd be ours, but no let's continue in our pursuit of this drive by Bronx hooligan, swanning around with a ton of Krugerrands festooning his skrawney ET neck.
I despair at times, and don't get me started on missing out on Moysie's son Mesut Ozil.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:31 pm He's 'testing the water' for 180k a week. Even Newcastle have told him to do one at that price.

True indeed.

I dont blame him to be honest as you always go in high if you are negotiating a salary but he will have to lower his wages or he won't be playing anywhere.

Newcastle are having horrendous issues signing players because the selling clubs know there are loaded and are inflating prices and the free agents are asking for insane wages. The issue there is if you pay huge wages and they dont work out, you cannot get rid of them as they won't want to take a hit in wages. Even City have had that issue offloading players.

The Ekitike and Botman negotiations have been going for ages and seem to be at an impasse because of that but the fact they are now in talks with Pope suggests we will likely sign Areola.