Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Lingard

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:56 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:48 am

Surely during a period prior to the season where you are a free agent starting on Thursday and you just get back from holiday this week you dont go rushing into the first deal you are offered but wait and weigh up the different offers and choose the best one especially if it is likely to be the last big one.
Well, that is what any sensible person would do in real life anyway. Football fans seem to think differently.

Then again, Its a bit like transfers. The number of fans that say 'just pay the asking price'. Does anyone do that when they buy a house, I didn't, there was a fair bit of negotiation over a fair few weeks before I got my place and I had to wait on the seller securing their new gaff and the same happened to the one previously.......Newcastle and Man Utd have both been doing just that with Ekitike and de Jong as well despite their huge wealth.........But apparently it is only us.

It took Liverpool 18 months to sign VvD and Newcastle have tried for two windows to get Ekitike so these things rarely just materialise.
All true but I just feel Lingard is taking us for a ride.
Fair enough....The offer we made to him was before he went on holiday so it takes no time or effort at present, if he says no then so be it, hasn't cost us anything and we are obviously talking to other wide players in the meantime like Danjuma.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:05 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:56 am

All true but I just feel Lingard is taking us for a ride.
Fair enough....The offer we made to him was before he went on holiday so it takes no time or effort at present, if he says no then so be it, hasn't cost us anything and we are obviously talking to other wide players in the meantime like Danjuma.
I also get the feeling that Moyes is obsessed with signing Lingard. And if it does take weeks then he does choose Everton or whoever we'll miss out on players like Danjuma, Keane Harry-Potter or Noa Lang.

It's a stretch of the imagination he'll have the same impact as 2 years ago anyway.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:12 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:05 pm

I also get the feeling that Moyes is obsessed with signing Lingard. And if it does take weeks then he does choose Everton or whoever we'll miss out on players like Danjuma, Keane Harry-Potter or Noa Lang.

It's a stretch of the imagination he'll have the same impact as 2 years ago anyway.
As far as being obsessed, Moyes will have just told the team a while ago to get him if he is available and they have made an offer. Thats it really until he decides where to go...I dont think there is any more in it (outside of media interest) but the media will keep writing stories about it until he moves.
Its a bit like the De Jong deal, there have been about 5 stories a day on Sky regarding that deal but in reality nothing had changed for two weeks during that period while Man Utd had been negotiating

I think Danjuma is quite a way from being sorted even if Lingard was not a target. There are different people working on that deal and so it makes no difference. That is not the way it works. If Danjuma was a serious probabliity they would take it all the way even if they were still waiting on Lingard and then give Lingard a deadline and once that deadline passes then one of the players would be coming for a medical.

As for will he be good enough, who knows ? He is more consistent than what we have I think but we need more options and he is more direct than Benrahma.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Thank fuck, that should be the end of this thread..

Until next season :shock: :lol: :lol:
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Poor Moysie. He'll be crying into his pie'n' mash. With liquor WM. ;)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Obviously still smarting after his kettle was nicked.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

So Moyes was so obsessed with Lingard that he refused to pay the extra money.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm So Moyes was so obsessed with Lingard that he refused to pay the extra money.
Well the deal or no deal only works, if the club sign somebody under £10M, that has the same injection of positivity and performance outcomes during the 22/23 season.

If they do, then good work. If they don't, then somebdy looks a big cunt. And we know who.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I would say it’s the dwarf that refused to pay the extra money

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 pm I would say it’s the dwarf that refused to pay the extra money
…and explains why Moyes had a Mooey like a smacked arse the other night .

Mind you …
Bring back Jonathon !