Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Lingard

Post by palerider »

Moyes is still pushing hard for the deal apparently.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flogging a dead horse, or maybe basing the bishop. If that rumours true then the latter, that and nowt good will come of it.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:04 pm I agree with your last sentence for sure but I reckon that it’s Moyes’ obsession with Lingard that irritates a lot of fans rather than Lingard himself .
I can't recall Moyes keep going on about resigning Lingard, in fact I can't recall Moyes mentioning Lingard at all?

Where do you get that he is obsessed with him from?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well there have been lots of sources about how Moyes insisted the board buy Lingard last summer and again in January.

Believe them or believe them not, but it's uncanny how we neglected the January window, sat around last summer without sight of a striker because we all know Moyes thinks, or thought, that Lingard could be the answer to the goal problem. ( Part of his mo, Antonio and Bowen quotes also back that up.)

So the last thing we wanted to see was Moyes sitting with his thumb up his arse waiting on Lingard. And TBH I think Lingard is history now and Moyes will move on.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Pipe smurf wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:49 pm Fuck him

There are better alternatives out there such as...

Fábio Vieira of Porto, Kang In Lee of Mallorca, Matheus Nunes of Sporting, Ricardo Horta of Braga and Mikkel Damsgaard of Sampdoria

Well 1 out and 4 to go

Very good signing for the gooners

hd1

Post by hd1 »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 am Well there have been lots of sources about how Moyes insisted the board buy Lingard last summer and again in January.

Believe them or believe them not, but it's uncanny how we neglected the January window, sat around last summer without sight of a striker because we all know Moyes thinks, or thought, that Lingard could be the answer to the goal problem. ( Part of his mo, Antonio and Bowen quotes also back that up.)

So the last thing we wanted to see was Moyes sitting with his thumb up his arse waiting on Lingard. And TBH I think Lingard is history now and Moyes will move on.
Not sources, rumours maybe and lazy ones at that.

As for "we all know Moyes thinks" we (or rather those that think they do) really don't.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:17 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 am Well there have been lots of sources about how Moyes insisted the board buy Lingard last summer and again in January.

As for "we all know Moyes thinks" we (or rather those that think they do) really don't.
Rumours be they false or true are still a source, it is up to the individual to decide if they believe or not.

The fact that Moyes believed that Antonio or Bowen were adequate enough,( straight from the horse's mouth) only adds credence to him believing that Lingard would add that little more extra in the front department. Unless of course you can explain why over the last two and half to three seasons we have gone without a recognised striker, other than the same old excuse of one that suited Moyes's profile wasn't available.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:34 pm
hd1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:17 pm

Rumours be they false or true are still a source, it is up to the individual to decide if they believe or not.

The fact that Moyes believed that Antonio or Bowen were adequate enough,( straight from the horse's mouth) only adds credence to him believing that Lingard would add that little more extra in the front department. Unless of course you can explain why over the last two and half to three seasons we have gone without a recognised striker, other than the same old excuse of one that suited Moyes's profile wasn't available.
And as yet still not a priority

hd1

Post by hd1 »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:34 pm Rumours be they false or true are still a source, it is up to the individual to decide if they believe or not.

Hang on, rumours are NOT a source. I can make something up right now, doesn't make it a source or anything else. If someone is mug enough to believe it, it still doesn't make anything else but made up.

Talking about why we haven't brought in another striker is a different question and one once again we can only guess the answer to. Were offers made and turned down? Were offers made and players went elsewhere? Did they try and save money? The only people who know are Moyes and Sullivan and any other view is pure speculation, and adds nothing to the credence of whether Moyes wants Lingard or not,neither are they a 'source'.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:34 pm Rumours be they false or true are still a source, it is up to the individual to decide if they believe or not.

Hang on, rumours are NOT a source. I can make something up right now, doesn't make it a source or anything else. If someone is mug enough to believe it, it still doesn't make anything else but made up.

Talking about why we haven't brought in another striker is a different question and one once again we can only guess the answer to. Were offers made and turned down? Were offers made and players went elsewhere? Did they try and save money? The only people who know are Moyes and Sullivan and any other view is pure speculation, and adds nothing to the credence of whether Moyes wants Lingard or not,neither are they a 'source'.
Where you get your information from is a source, might not be the original source but it's a source non the less. Like I said, you either choose to believe it or not. You asked where the idea came from that he was obsessed with Lingard, I told you there were a few. Are they fact or fiction?! You decide?! I merely pointed out what added credence to the stories. Moyes own words and lack of a striker incoming over two and a half seasons

It is good you find a good reason for the shortage of a striker, but it is hard to swallow his excuse when in need. Saving companies money....He might be searching for a long time until one that ticks all his boxes comes along. But hey ho, let's just say nothing and trust in those weasels. Or let's wait for Lingard.

What ever..each is entitled to his/her own opinion, ? which is right?! As you say only they truly know.