Premier League Positional and Point Predictors

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Premier League Positional and Point Predictors

Post by Ibbyham »

https://www.euroclubindex.com/league-odds/

Bindipper the favourite to win and the 3 teams that promoted from Championships are favourite for the drop.

There will be lots of twist and turn.

In my opinion, Man City's Halaad, won't find shooting goals that easy in Premier League than in Germany as shown by Seb Haller who was scoring for funs at Frankfurt but struggles to get going in Premier League. In Germany, there are only about 3 or 4 teams that are Premier League quality but the rest are like League 1 side. In Our Premier League, we have big 6 or 7 if you include Newcastle which they will be, and the other 7 teams below that include West Ham are very close gap to the top 6 than in Germany

West Ham are 1% favourite to win the Premier League.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Re: Premier League Positional and Point Predictors

Post by eskimo joe »

I think Haaland has a different mind set than Haller and I don't think he will be as immobile. He believes he should be scoring more goals than games, and he hasn't been so far behind that target both at club level and international,so he won't be relaxing. Don't be so confident.

The relegation candidates are normally picked from the newbies, the trick is to choose the dark horse that fares a lot better than many imagined.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:39 pm I think Haaland has a different mind set than Haller and I don't think he will be as immobile. He believes he should be scoring more goals than games, and he hasn't been so far behind that target both at club level and international,so he won't be relaxing. Don't be so confident.

The relegation candidates are normally picked from the newbies, the trick is to choose the dark horse that fares a lot better than many imagined.
Hope our defence will be stronger this coming season. I am not sure on 3 promoted teams all going back down as Fulham are likely to try to do better than a 1 season wonder so that would be tough, Bourne mouth with Parker in charge, may find it difficult to stay up and Nottingham Forest if they keep their best young players that we are linked with, they may spring a surprise like Brentford did. The 3 teams will be going down will be harder to predict so the teams that will fight against the drop are:

Brentford
Bournemouth
Fulham
Leeds
Southampton
Nottingham Forest

That 6 teams are expected to fight against the drop and that is the narrowest of all since Premier League began. The next nearest teams to fight against the drop is Aston Villa, Brighton, Palace, Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Wolves whom may one of them could be a surprise drop.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:39 pm I think Haaland has a different mind set than Haller and I don't think he will be as immobile. He believes he should be scoring more goals than games, and he hasn't been so far behind that target both at club level and international,so he won't be relaxing. Don't be so confident.

Hope our defence will be stronger this coming season. I am not sure on 3 promoted teams all going back down as Fulham are likely to try to do better than a 1 season wonder so that would be tough, Bourne mouth with Parker in charge, may find it difficult to stay up and Nottingham Forest if they keep their best young players that we are linked with, they may spring a surprise like Brentford did. The 3 teams will be going down will be harder to predict so the teams that will fight against the drop are:

Brentford
Bournemouth
Fulham
Leeds
Southampton
Nottingham Forest

That 6 teams are expected to fight against the drop and that is the narrowest of all since Premier League began. The next nearest teams to fight against the drop is Aston Villa, Brighton, Palace, Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Wolves whom may one of them could be a surprise drop.
Brighton please!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:31 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pm

Brentford
Bournemouth
Fulham
Leeds
Southampton
Nottingham Forest

Brighton please!
That what I hope for as Brighton is the worst team West Ham to play with, never win against them. Would love to see Arsenal relegated but can't see that happening as we rarely beat them especially at home even though Arsenal went on a bad patch, we still lose to them time in and time out.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:43 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Brighton please!
That what I hope for as Brighton is the worst team West Ham to play with, never win against them. Would love to see Arsenal relegated but can't see that happening as we rarely beat them especially at home even though Arsenal went on a bad patch, we still lose to them time in and time out.
The only way Brighton get relegated is: David Moyes takes over the England team, Graham Potter joins West Ham and Gareth Southgate moves to Brighton; England make the semi finals in Qatar and West Ham finish 6th...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:24 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:43 pm

The only way Brighton get relegated is: David Moyes takes over the England team, Graham Potter joins West Ham and Gareth Southgate moves to Brighton; England make the semi finals in Qatar and West Ham finish 6th...
Graham Potter has done very well at Brighton, brought in players without dithering and wasting time like Moyes did and I am impressed with Brighton in defence but slightly weak up.

i wouldn't mind if Graham Potter will be our next manager if Moyes decided he can't get further.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:14 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:24 pm
Graham Potter has done very well at Brighton, brought in players without dithering and wasting time like Moyes did and I am impressed with Brighton in defence but slightly weak up.

i wouldn't mind if Graham Potter will be our next manager if Moyes decided he can't get further.
What you on about , Moyes is a winner ( it's what he does , he said it himself ) not that he has ever won anything except the division 2 title with Preston ( well he actually won the community shield when he was given the job on a plate at Man Utd ) .
And for all his manager of the month awards at Everton he still never won them any silverware in that 11 year period and only ever reached one final .

Noni

Post by Noni »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:04 pm https://www.euroclubindex.com/league-odds.

West Ham are 1% favourite to win the Premier League.
I have an erection!.... :D

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:43 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:14 am

What you on about , Moyes is a winner ( it's what he does , he said it himself ) not that he has ever won anything except the division 2 title with Preston ( well he actually won the community shield when he was given the job on a plate at Man Utd ) .
And for all his manager of the month awards at Everton he still never won them any silverware in that 11 year period and only ever reached one final .
Would be nice if Moyes finally get some silverware as long as he stop dithering too much on getting better players as we could have won the Europa had we brought a striker, left winder and a defender.