Assistant Manager

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Assistant Manager

Post by Towie »

garnett wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:16 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:43 pm

What is uninspiring about it? Who did you want as assistant?

Klopp? Guardiola?

Ffs
Someone with some flair and forward thinking not another defensive dullard
Then I take it you have not seen his teams play.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Towie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:22 am

Then I take it you have not seen his teams play.
Actually no I haven't but have seen his footballing reseme, just wonder why here I don't see him questioning moyes's decisions.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Well here's some good news at last.......well for some of us anyway

Charlie Adam is keeping his coaching badges up to date as part of his continual personal development by working with David Moyes at West Ham in pre-season.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:12 am Well here's some good news at last.......well for some of us anyway

Charlie Adam is keeping his coaching badges up to date as part of his continual personal development by working with David Moyes at West Ham in pre-season.

I knew they'd succumb to myself and Sir Pale's way of thinking.
We know talent when we see it.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

We can speculate all we want. At the end of the day, we'll just have to wait and see. Let give the man a chance.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:43 pm

What is uninspiring about it? Who did you want as assistant?

Klopp? Guardiola?

Ffs
Its a terrific appointment.

When Warburton was manager of Brentford, his team was anything but dull. In fact they played like they had little defensive responsibility but I suppose when you are blinded by hatred then everything the club does is wrong.

As for West Ham being dull .....

60 goals last season. 62 goals the season before. Always room for improvement at both ends but those are good numbers.

If you compare that over the last 25 years it is pretty favourable. A good season by Slav and one by Harry aside, we rarely have scored that many. I think I am right in saying that we scored in every home PL game last season....how often does that happen ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Its a terrific appointment.

When Warburton was manager of Brentford, his team was anything but dull. In fact they played like they had little defensive responsibility but I suppose when you are blinded by hatred then everything the club does is wrong.

As for West Ham being dull .....

60 goals last season. 62 goals the season before. Always room for improvement at both ends but those are good numbers.

If you compare that over the last 25 years it is pretty favourable. A good season by Slav and one by Harry aside, we rarely have scored that many. I think I am right in saying that we scored in every home PL game last season....how often does that happen ?
I believe you are indeed correct with that last statement. We ever done that before? Quite an achievement imo
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:28 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:12 am Well here's some good news at last.......well for some of us anyway

Indeed my learned friend. And about fucking time dwarfy and dribbly did something worthwhile.

I can't wait for him to turn up at Rush Green handing out bottles of McAbernathy's Old Sporran single malt in brown paper bags to the lads and teaching them to yell 'Yee're deed ya bassa' at any opposing player who goes past them.

We'll be top by the time that shit-show in the desert starts, mark my words.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:45 pm

Indeed my learned friend. And about fucking time dwarfy and dribbly did something worthwhile.

I can't wait for him to turn up at Rush Green handing out bottles of McAbernathy's Old Sporran single malt in brown paper bags to the lads and teaching them to yell 'Yee're deed ya bassa' at any opposing player who goes past them.

We'll be top by the time that shit-show in the desert starts, mark my words.
I must admit to being a tad damp when the news came through, so much so that next doors golden retriever bore the brunt of quick but murderous outburst from Percy and has had to seek urgent medical attention and an overnight stay at the local vets.
Naturally the sack was emptied over this joyous occasion and I like your good self, can't wait for the mercurial maradona of the north to weave his magic.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

All them prayers by you and Pale have finally come good BB.

Any chance of you and Pale getting your prayer mats out again and getting Bill Gates to buy us? 8-)