Longello

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Longello

Post by h69 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:33 pm They must be doing some things right in the academy, you only have to look at where the youth sides finished in the table.
The trouble with the lemur is he's shit scared of trying anything. If it went tits up, he might have to fork out on a player and he wouldn't want to upset shortarse.
Massive step up from u23 to senior. Only some make it. I know he rates Ashby but other than that, who knows who will step up. When we won the youth Cup we had a couple of players who scored a few goals for us in that run and they never made it. A winger I remember got loads of goals but ended up at Hull I think.

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:06 pm He was because moyes didn't have anyone else.
It has become quite clear that we are poles apart concerning most thing's West Ham but we both want what is best for our club.
I actually don't come on here to debate I don't really have the time, I want to give my opinion which I will continue doing, I'm flattered that you quoted me it showed that someone took the trouble to read what I had to say.
You have a nice day and I will continue my birthday break in Skiathos, home Thursday hopefully we have signed someone exceptional, a next level player.
I just think it is a squad game now and 34 games is a good number of games for someone at that age.

We dont need greater numbrs of people in the squad (we can only have so many named anyway), just better quality so they can step in when whoever is 1st choice gets injured Johnson did that and kept Fredericks out of the side as he was better than him. He even kept Coufal out when he returned until Johnson got injured himself. I see both Coufal and Johnson as 1st team players at present.

As for Areola, he is an upgrade on Martin/Randolph so I'm happy with that. We now need a LB, a CM and an Attacker or two and as long as all of the. Are better than Noble at 36, Yarmolenko, Kral and Fredericks then it will have been a successful season.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

What we need is better players on the bench, an upgrade on those or equal or better than some in the starting 11.

Johnson is a good example, he will improve over time. Masuaku, Fredricks, etc were past their sell by date. Noble also, but he was more useful than the last two mentioned
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm I had to check it on Wikipedia but Moyes WAS the manager that gave a 16 year old Wayne Rooney his debut. That didn't turn out bad did it ?

True, the ugly young fucker probably had the ability that even Moyes couldn't ignore but since then I can't remember him taking a chance on anybody outside an already established starting place and under 21.
Januzaj at Man Utd also I think.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:20 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:33 pm They must be doing some things right in the academy, you only have to look at where the youth sides finished in the table.
The trouble with the lemur is he's shit scared of trying anything. If it went tits up, he might have to fork out on a player and he wouldn't want to upset shortarse.
Massive step up from u23 to senior. Only some make it. I know he rates Ashby but other than that, who knows who will step up. When we won the youth Cup we had a couple of players who scored a few goals for us in that run and they never made it. A winger I remember got loads of goals but ended up at Hull I think.
Just a question, Is it possible , well I guess many things are, that some of the youth are just not Moyes's type, good but don't tick l the boxes Moyes has marked out?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

True.
But if they're never given a chance then we'll never know. Moyes seems loathe to try any of them apart from the European dead rubber. Ten or fifteen minutes here and there wouldn't have killed him and may well save millions in the long run. If it were my kid, I'd be getting him out a bit lively rather than getting splinters in his arse.
That is of course after I've chinned the lemur for wasting his time.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:38 pm

Just a question, Is it possible , well I guess many things are, that some of the youth are just not Moyes's type, good but don't tick l the boxes Moyes has marked out?
The thing with that Joe, is the cunt is so one dimensional, I doubt very much if he'd recognise a budding talent, if it fell on him. The Rooney situation was a one off exception to the rule, he was knocking over seasoned pros at fifteen, everyone knew it, he'd have been lynched for not giving him a start. I wonder how many talents he's let slip by having a style that only he thinks is right.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:49 pm

The thing with that Joe, is the cunt is so one dimensional, I doubt very much if he'd recognise a budding talent, if it fell on him. The Rooney situation was a one off exception to the rule, he was knocking over seasoned pros at fifteen, everyone knew it, he'd have been lynched for not giving him a start. I wonder how many talents he's let slip by having a style that only he thinks is right.
A good point, but I feel even Rooney underlines the type of player he looks for. Arny, Antonio etc.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

No doubt we'll find out in 4 or 5 years when the likes of Alese, Okoflex, Perkins & the rest are tearing new arseholes at Europe's top table.

Just like Nathan Holland and Josh Cullen, two others who a while back were going to be the new shining lights at West Ham, are doing today.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 pm

No doubt we'll find out in 4 or 5 years when the likes of Alese, Okoflex, Perkins & the rest are tearing new arseholes at Europe's top table.

Just like Nathan Holland and Josh Cullen, two others who a while back were going to be the new shining lights at West Ham, are doing today.
According to some, we're trying to bring back Cullen.