Longello

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Longello

Post by eskimo joe »

Here's a poser. Forest are interested in him apparently, and Moyes has hinted that he will ( which I take as a might) use him more this season ( conference and league cup I am guessing). Would, a loan deal, as someone suggested, be more beneficial in your opinions?

It has it advantages being that Forest are now in the prem and will give Moyes a better idea, but that is reliant, as always, on how often he is played. Personally I would keep him here and hand pick the games slowly introducing him to tougher ones.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Re: Longello

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:30 am Here's a poser. Forest are interested in him apparently, and Moyes has hinted that he will ( which I take as a might) use him more this season ( conference and league cup I am guessing). Would, a loan deal, as someone suggested, be more beneficial in your opinions?

It has it advantages being that Forest are now in the prem and will give Moyes a better idea, but that is reliant, as always, on how often he is played. Personally I would keep him here and hand pick the games slowly introducing him to tougher ones.
Tough to know what’s best with that information given aint it. On 1 hand he could be training with our 1st team and hopefully get game time, but knowing how much Moyes likes to play the yoof players, he might as well move to the moon. On the other hand he could also just end up as a bench warmer at forest and get no game time anyway. From memory though, Forest I think had an ageing LB so potentially this could work for him
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:41 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:30 am Here's a poser. Forest are interested in him apparently, and Moyes has hinted that he will ( which I take as a might) use him more this season ( conference and league cup I am guessing). Would, a loan deal, as someone suggested, be more beneficial in your opinions?

Tough to know what’s best with that information given aint it. On 1 hand he could be training with our 1st team and hopefully get game time, but knowing how much Moyes likes to play the yoof players, he might as well move to the moon. On the other hand he could also just end up as a bench warmer at forest and get no game time anyway. From memory though, Forest I think had an ageing LB so potentially this could work for him
I think that's why Forest are interested in him, but as you say with Moyes's record he is more likely to get game time at Forest. Who really knows though?!

Towie

Post by Towie »

QPR were also trying to buy him, so clubs are seeing his potential.

Would like Moyes to give him opportunity as he did with Johnson.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

He’s got no chance here … let the boy go get some football somewhere.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 am He’s got no chance here … let the boy go get some football somewhere.
Well if Moyes's continues in the same fashion you are right. So better for a loan to Forest than a fruitless stop on the bench.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I would send Antonio back to Forest - his level - before offering them a stylish thoroughbred

DM doesn't agree which is fine

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A loan to a decent championship side for me with the contract stating we can bring immediately back if needed .Much better than playing in the fucking young uns league or sitting on his arse bench warming .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:37 pm A loan to a decent championship side for me with the contract stating we can bring immediately back if needed .Much better than playing in the fucking young uns league or sitting on his arse bench warming .
So not to forest to play against prem sides? Do you think it's too early?

But better your option than none at all.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:53 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:37 pm A loan to a decent championship side for me with the contract stating we can bring immediately back if needed .Much better than playing in the fucking young uns league or sitting on his arse bench warming .
So not to forest to play against prem sides? Do you think it's too early?

But better your option than none at all.
I believe he would get more game time in the Chumps tbh